This team won't even draw a SENA series for next 10 years

Trichromatic

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Aisa kuchh nahin hoga. If they prepare roads we'd easily out-bat them with Kohli/KL/Rahane piling on the runs. If they make spicy wickets their phateechar batting line up will be toast. Fully expect us to win as long as there are no major injury scares for us.

Expect pujara and pant to do well too. Bounce is not an issue and indian bowlers are up to the task this time. 

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Expect pujara and pant to do well too. Bounce is not an issue and indian bowlers are up to the task this time. 

I am a fan of Pujara but he just doesn't have an attacking game off the back foot against the pacers so don't think he'd be all that prolific. In fact, I wouldn't mind if we play Rahane at 3 with Pujara at 5. Pant could do well yes.

4 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Under cheerleader’s coaching? Forget it :hysterical:

No inspite of it. Agreed Aus bowlers are quicker but not by much and they wont have cushion of runs that Smith ususally provides this tine around. And indian bowlers will challenge their batsmen. I would expect a well contested series but one where India win more matches.

India lost 1 test by 30 runs missed a draw in last half hour lost a test by 60 runs with atrotious selection and bhuv and bumrah missing for most part.  This should easily have been a 3-2 loss or 2-2 draw or even a 2-3 win..

Aus tour will be won this time.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I am a fan of Pujara but he just doesn't have an attacking game off the back foot against the pacers so don't think he'd be all that prolific. In fact, I wouldn't mind if we play Rahane at 3 with Pujara at 5. Pant could do well yes.

Pujara i am expecting ocupation of crease. Too bad vijay fell off in the way side.. They need to find an opener to partner KL..we will see what shaw does in WI tour.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

This cycle is done.

Players at peak losing all matches in their 2nd or 3rd outing. All in their late 20s and early 30s.

Next cycle will be 4 years later. That time either players will old (34-37 years) or completely new (20s first outing).

Hope for some face saving after that.

Not quite. Of course selections play a role as well. If we select mediocrity then we deserve to fail. But in between the T20's and tests , we should get 1 4 day game. Australian batting without Smith and Warner is exceptionally weak even at home. They just don't have the batsmen to put us under scoreboard pressure. And lastly, hopefully we will have some luck and not lose all the tosses. If these things go our way, then we will atleast draw if not win in Australia.  

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Aisa kuchh nahin hoga. If they prepare roads we'd easily out-bat them with Kohli/KL/Rahane piling on the runs. If they make spicy wickets their phateechar batting line up will be toast. Fully expect us to win as long as there are no major injury scares for us.

We need a game changer like Rohit Sharma and he loves the bounce. :nice:

13 hours ago, Adi BB said:

This team is expert in losing matches and their maximum limit of winning in SENA is 1 test per series and that is primarily due to bowlers ,so you do the math and answer is just play 3 match series !!

Exactly. They contrive to lose matches from winning positions and can probably count on one hand the number of times Ind have won two games in an overseas series. 

16 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

This cycle is done.

Players at peak losing all matches in their 2nd or 3rd outing. All in their late 20s and early 30s.

Next cycle will be 4 years later. That time either players will old (34-37 years) or completely new (20s first outing).

Hope for some face saving after that.

As far as I know, we will play 1 SENA test series per year from now on. 

This is good ...  won't allow HTBs to get a long successful run  ... batsmen will not forget playing in pace friendly conditions.

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Exactly. They contrive to lose matches from winning positions and can probably count on one hand the number of times Ind have won two games in an overseas series. 

The 1986 series in England was the last such instance in SENA. Prior to that, probably under Ajit Wadekar in the early 70s. And that's it, don't think there has been more than one win in SENA on any other tour. Pathetic for a country that lives and breathes cricket.