Anil Kumble steps down as coach

19 minutes ago, Lannister said:

It's my first time hearing that Kohli's agent is linked to Rohit Sharma. No wonder he gets all touchy when it comes to Sharma. I think Kumble should come out and tell all the details that what exactly is happening in the Indian cricket. BCCI has already disrespected him, so eff them. 

I highly doubt Kumble will say much on this.  He's too classy to spill details to the media.  

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

I agree its a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it for the betterment of Indian cricket. Seems like Guha was right along when it comes to conflict of interest. 

Kumble himself has faced enough accusations of conflict of interest. He's at least tried to defend himself from those accusations, but we'll never really know what happens with these shady sport management companies so many players seem to have business interests in. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Source for what?   Rohit's wife is Ritika Sajdeh, sister of Bunty Sajdeh - who is like the Jerry McGuire of Indian cricket - both Rohit and VK are managed by his agency - in fact Ritika used to manage Rohit's account.  VK and Bunty's yaarana and love for each other is all over their social media accounts.  

Gawd, I hate posting stuff like this - its so damn gossipy and silly - but given VK's suspiciously firm support for Rohit, even in test cricket, over proven performers like Pujara - one starts to wonder.  All of us on ICF have been cribbing about Rohit's poor SR and slow starts in ODIs for years now - and lo and behold - kuptaan King Kohli goes above and beyond in publicly backing Rohit as a special player who needs to be protected.   And you have Prem's article insinuating that Rohit's selection and performance in the team was questioned by Kumble leading to VK's displeasure.    

Also, forgot to add, when I was in Trinidad during the Indian team's tour in 2011 - it was very clear that VK and Rohit were tight AF - especially in going out.   

It wasn't Rohit but Ashwin who's selection was questioned because he jus came back from injury after a long injury break.

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Lol posts making as if only Kohli had such conflict of interest issues.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-laxman-selected-kumble-as-coach-while-being-shareholder-in-his-firm-2229527

Neither Kumble nor Laxman even bothered to reveal it during selection process.

Indian cricket is full of such connections and murky dealings.

WOW just WOWWW

As I said earlier, the concept and consequences of conflict of interest are not at all clear in India... lack of knowledge on 'conflict of interest' is probably the biggest reason why India will always be a corrupt nation without even knowing.. 

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

I highly doubt Kumble will say much on this.  He's too classy to spill details to the media.  

Ok I am sick of this 'Kumble is so classy', 'Kumble is so gentle', 'Kumble is a man of ethics and decipline'... What kind of BS is this... Its like everyone's uncle was working with Kumble at Babus office and their uncle can vouch for his ethics...

Kumble has his own shady areas, so please stop this holier than thou attitude for Kumble

Since we are all talking conspiracy theories, even Yuvraj is connected to Bunty Sajdeh(Kohli's agent). They are all buddies. Supposedly Ritika Sajdeh and her brother Bunty Sajdeh(Virat's Agent) consider Yuvi as mooh bola bhai types and are close. There will always be little bias.

yuvi is kohlis punjabi dost. he will be in team for long time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Ok I am sick of this 'Kumble is so classy', 'Kumble is so gentle', 'Kumble is a man of ethics and decipline'... What kind of BS is this... Its like everyone's uncle was working with Kumble at Babus office and their uncle can vouch for his ethics...

Kumble has his own shady areas, so please stop this holier than thou attitude for Kumble

Awww.   Sucks for you then.   

Anil Kumble has a track record of integrity behind him.   He has earned the respect that fans have for him.   Too bad you don't like it.   Suck it up.  

1 hour ago, rahulrulezz said:

A man who has played for 20+ years.3rd highest wicket taker of all time,Highest Indian wicket taker ever,4th greatest Indian player of all time has no discipline?

This is still runner up to the post I read the other day on ICF which said Sachin is selfish because he married a doctor...this is definetely a close 2nd.

Yes Tenvic is something we all criticized in the past....what is the guarantee that Kohli is not favoring his friends who don't deserve too? Do you know that's not happening for sure?

Stop having a biased  opinion here...People who have watched cricket since the 90's know what Kumble means to them.....if you just started watching in the last 6-7 years then I will give you the benefit of doubt for thinking Kohli is all that and awesome sauce.

Trust me I love Kohli the batsman too but this is not about cricketing skills we are discussing here

Edited by maniac
41 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

Do you think he would have stepped down had india beaten pakistan? He was tentative until the champions trophy final and for good reason, since you don't want to step down mid tournament ...but still.

Rumor has it that Kohli was already meeting the bosses to complain about Kumble on the day before the final. Kohli wanted Kumble to be toast regardless of how the final went.

1 minute ago, kosingh said:

Rumor has it that Kohli was already meeting the bosses to complain about Kumble on the day before the final. Kohli wanted Kumble to be toast regardless of how the final went.

that maybe what kohli wanted. But Kumble, would he have accepted to step down?