Rohit returns for Sri Lanka Tests; Nair dropped

19 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

He forgot to specify the gender. Only Males

Not really. He is equal opportunity captain and doesn't discriminate based on sex. He does discriminate on the basis of language and region( Punjabi and delhi yarana) though.

N.B:  Not meant to be taken seriously. :p:

Edited by Pollack
13 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Rohit averaged nearly 80 in his last series (against Newzealand) before Injury.

Ishant was our best bowler in 2015 in Srilanka when we won.

It's not really a surprise both are selected.

If anything is ridiculous in that selection it's that we are going into an overseas tour without back up keeper .

Still backing Ishant Sharma are we? :headshake:

6 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Still backing Ishant Sharma are we? :headshake:

Ishant Sharma has lot of experience and as someone says above has won us many "Test" series. Let us not confuse Ishant the LOI bowler with the test bowler. He surely got it what it takes to pick wickets in test matches. 

Rohit had an average of 80+ in his last series before he got unfortunately  injured...everyone then felt he has cemented his place for now.

People lose subjectivity and have this irrational hate when it comes to Rohit.

As far as Nair goes based on his 300 knock he should have got a few more opportunities....Sure a guy who hit a 300 against a top line team is talented but however it was so obvious to see that he was still undercooked at the international level. Harsh truth-He wasn't very impressive apart from that 1 freak knock but also harsh that he was dumped...deserved some more chances.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rohit had an average of 80+ in his last series before he got unfortunately  injured...everyone then felt he has cemented his place for now.

People lose subjectivity and have this irrational hate when it comes to Rohit.

As far as Nair goes based on his 300 knock he should have got a few more opportunities....Sure a guy who hit a 300 against a top line team is talented but however it was so obvious to see that he was still undercooked at the international level. Harsh truth-He wasn't very impressive apart from that 1 freak knock but also harsh that he was dumped...deserved some more chances.

rohit vs kulasekara :fear:

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

Ishant Sharma has lot of experience and as someone says above has won us many "Test" series. Let us not confuse Ishant the LOI bowler with the test bowler. He surely got it what it takes to pick wickets in test matches. 

Look at his stats. I'm not saying he's totally done but let him do the hard yards again and stake his spot. It's not like we don't have good enough talent to replace him.

What rubbish Test selection....How did Rohit Sharma get into Test squad again? Bombay & Bunty??

And bowling can they not find anyone for "Spearhead IS" ?

Surely Parthiv Patel can score a 50 more assuredly than Mukund.

Edited by fineleg
42 minutes ago, fineleg said:

What rubbish Test selection....How did Rohit Sharma get into Test squad again? Bombay & Bunty??

And bowling can they not find anyone for "Spearhead IS" ?

Surely Parthiv Patel can score a 50 more assuredly than Mukund.

Its amazing even when kohli drips saliva while talking of Rohit and Rahane and yet people claim its Bombay lobby and not blame kohli for selecting Rohit in tests and Rahane in ODIs. And this when Bombay lobby has absolutely no clout whatsoever. Can only pray for you guys mental stability if and when Bombay lobby actually gets strong at some point in future. :hysterical:

Considering Shastri is going to be coach soon its just a beginning. :hysterical: God bless you guys!

Edited by Pollack

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1110367.html

Batsman Karun Nair insists he is not too perturbed by his exclusion from the India Test squad for the Sri Lanka tour, after only four innings since becoming just the second Indian to get a Test triple-hundred. Speaking to ESPNcricinfo in Bengaluru a day after the squad was named, Nair conceded he should have "converted a couple of starts" in the Test series against Australia into "more substantial scores" to bolster his case, after the 303 not out against England in Chennai. Nair will instead travel with the India 'A' team to South Africa for a series of limited-overs and four-day matches at the end of the month.

"I will have to respect the decision of the team management and selectors," Nair said. "That's the way it goes and I am just focusing on South Africa now, the India 'A' tour, looking forward to it. It is going to be a new experience for me, I have never been to South Africa, so trying to just prepare myself and do well there.

"If I look back, I got a couple of starts which I feel I could have made into substantial scores. Those two starts I got were supposed to be converted, but you know that's how it goes for a batsman, sometimes you get starts and you are not able to convert them. I don't think there's any point talking about it right now. I am just looking forward to the season coming up and try to do better.

"Honestly, I was fortunate enough to get to play in the XI. So I was very happy, learning new things from everyone around and playing Test cricket. I was really enjoying myself and not thinking too much about it. But the competition is very high and it's healthy competition. There's nothing to worry about there, I am not thinking too much, just looking forward.

"It will be a new experience to go to South Africa for the first time, to experience those conditions and see how it is to play cricket there. It is a stepping stone to do well and get myself back into the Test team. Even looking at it that way, I am looking forward and just trying to be positive."

Nair has experienced an extended dry spell with the bat since the triple-hundred. In four innings against Australia, he made scores of 26, 0, 23 and 5 as India eked out a 2-1 series win. His form didn't get much better in the IPL - and he ended the season with 281 runs at an average of 21.61 as Delhi Daredevils failed to make the play-offs. Nair says the series against Australia was a lot more intense than England, and his failures in those matches affected him in the early phase of the IPL too.

"There was a lot a difference, the Australians were more at you. Even the English were good but the Australians had more aggression I felt," he explained. "And we had lost the first game and that made it even more difficult for us and it put them on a high because England never got a sniff also. That also helped Australia.

"At the end of the season, after the Australia series, I don't think I was in the right frame of mind because I was thinking too much about how I should be playing and how well I should be doing for Delhi rather than just looking at the ball and reacting. It took me half the season to realise I was doing that. The second half was a little better I felt, just looked at the ball and played how the ball came down. Those were the things I learnt this season."

Nair, 25, took over as captain of Daredevils when Zaheer Khan was unavailable due to injury. He will now be leading the India A team in the two four-day games in South Africa. Having led teams at Under-19 level, as well as Karnataka in the Ranji Trophy, Nair is convinced his quiet, easy-going personality won't be a hindrance in performing the role.

"Everyone has their own style," he said. "I don't think I should change who I am to try and lead eleven people. I can still lead them by being myself and do it in my way. I have been captain on several occasions and I just enjoy the fact that whenever I am captain I do well. So, I have that positive mind frame when I am captain. It has been the same case from the U19 days to the Ranji trophy last year when I captained, we did well and I scored runs. It is obviously an extra responsibility, but generally when I am batting that kind of feeling doesn't come."

Good mindset. Realize your failures and improve on them rather than dwelling on them. 

36 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Its amazing even when kohli drips saliva while talking of Rohit and Rahane and yet people claim its Bombay lobby and not blame kohli for selecting Rohit in tests and Rahane in ODIs. And this when Bombay lobby has absolutely no clout whatsoever. Can only pray for you guys mental stability if and when Bombay lobby actually gets strong at some point in future. :hysterical:

Considering Shastri is going to be coach soon its just a beginning. :hysterical: God bless you guys!

Shastri being coach will be so much fun lol.