Ravi Shastri new India head coach

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Was on cricinfo and saw this: 

:hysterical:

On a more serious note:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/1110570.html

Basically Gaurav Karla said: 

• Shastri was in favor of Bharat Arun remaining bowling coach, but he was overruled and Zaheer was made the bowling coach. 
  • There was disagreement among the committee with making Shastri coach, so a strong personality like Zaheer was put in
  • Sachin strongly backed Shastri for coach
  • Shastri was chosen for his man-management skills, his ability to build relationships with players, his comfort with the captain, and being an inspirational figure who can uplift the team when it is down.
  • Shastri isn't known to be detail-oriented
  • Zaheer was chosen partly because of his rapport with the current set of bowlers. 
  •  

Tendulkar should be kept away from any kind of post. He is the person who hasn't contributes anything productive to Indian cricket after his retirement. He hasn't made a single statement which one can agree on. Selecting a coach is beyond him and his small vision. Sachin please just stay at home and enjoy the money. You can make few movies in mean time. But stay away from Indian cricket. 

4 hours ago, sarchasm said:

This has all the makings of a car crash. Will be spectacular.

i have a feeling with the amount of trash talk ( me 'included' - some might say 'predominantly') going on here and genuine skill in Zak/Dravid and the team with Shastri - Kohli rapport they might just turn it around and give pwnage to all and sundry or it could be a cluster *. All results are possible at this stage :beer-bottle: .

12 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Tendulkar should be kept away from any kind of post. He is the person who hasn't contributes anything productive to Indian cricket after his retirement. He hasn't made a single statement which one can agree on. Selecting a coach is beyond him and his small vision. Sachin please just stay at home and enjoy the money. You can make few movies in mean time. But stay away from Indian cricket. 

There are also reports ganguly wanted sehwag to become the coach, after wrong choices like chappell n kumble he was about to make one more

With sachin even ganguly shud also stay away

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

There are also reports ganguly wanted sehwag to become the coach, after wrong choices like chappell n kumble he was about to make one more

With sachin even ganguly shud also stay away

Lol. If its true.

Shastri is much better than Sehwag.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:34 PM, New guy said:

I see you haven't named the BEST bowler we have but named Ishant. Still blind speed gun worship I see

BK bowls as quick as Ishant these days. So, it is not about speed gun thing here. Everyone has their favorites.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/what-goes-around-comes-around-ravi-shastri/articleshow/59571097.cms?from=mdr

pathetic - the guy says he will start from where he left off...

wtf does he mean by that, has kumble and the team not done anything while he was away -- what an utter piece of garbage. Entitled egoistic bombastic proud piece of ****.

negative comments pouring in.

Edited by Vilander
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/i-like-to-perform-when-faced-with-challenges-jadeja/articleshow/59565978.cms

pathetic - the guy says he will start from where he left off...

wtf does he mean by that, has kumble and the team not done anything while he was away -- what an utter piece of garbage. Entitled egoistic bombastic proud piece of ****.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/i-like-to-perform-when-faced-with-challenges-jadeja/articleshow/59565978.cms

negative comments pouring in.

You included Jadeja's interview, not Shastri's.

Am not seeing 

10 hours ago, mishra said:

Bharat Arun as bowling coach. Zak to be sidelined by Shastri into role of consultant

Am not seeing why there is so much angst here about this.  Right from the first announcement, it was clear that Zaheer and Dravid were consultants.  Now it is also clear that Zaheer cannot commit more than 100 days whereas the full time coach must be available for 250 days.  It is also clear that Zaheer and BCCI have not come to terms re. remuneration.  So, the team asks for a full-time coach.  And as ineffective a test bowler as Arun was, he seems to have some coaching chops.  I think we are looking for reasons to be upset.  

On 7/12/2017 at 7:58 AM, Khota said:

He did not initiate anything and team won on its own momemtum. He has no coaching experience and I highly doubt he knows how to study game films, look at stroke mechanisms and suggest changes.Captain wanting him back means nothing to me.

I have to agree with you he is out of the soap box.

Biggest leecher in cricket.

lol he wont find time amidst his busy schedule to do all that.

6 hours ago, Brainfade said:

Am not seeing 

Am not seeing why there is so much angst here about this.  Right from the first announcement, it was clear that Zaheer and Dravid were consultants.  Now it is also clear that Zaheer cannot commit more than 100 days whereas the full time coach must be available for 250 days.  It is also clear that Zaheer and BCCI have not come to terms re. remuneration.  So, the team asks for a full-time coach.  And as ineffective a test bowler as Arun was, he seems to have some coaching chops.  I think we are looking for reasons to be upset.  

Out so many good to great pacers of credentials why Bharat Arun? We need an overseas experienced test fast bowler as a coach.

On 7/12/2017 at 5:35 PM, BeautifulGame said:

Yes most media r reporting it too.

Shastri wanted Bharat Arun as bowling coach but Ganguly insisted on Zaheer and hence the delay yesterday.

Luckily Ganguly got his way .

Story is turning out very Ugly now.

ZAk is the no 1 fast bowling coach available as on today in the world followed by Jason gilespie and Shoaib Akhtar as far as I can think of.

Bharat Arun is way Behind and i dont think he can get our fast bowlers to become shrewd Smart and Ultra Clever cunning as a FOX.

ZAK in his last IPL Match bowled at 120 to 130K and Still had the Best figures in his team , He also proved that he was a very good Captain, had his Batsman in DD Clicked DD would have won the IPL as HIS Bowling team always CLICKED but his batting team failed and thats why DD failed..but his field placings and his captaincy was right on the money.

Shastri wants a Yes Man under him and Hence he was bharat arun,sridhar and bangar. i can tell you INDIA will be beaten in africa,england and australia if this team of bharat arun,sridhar,bangar and ravi are the coaches- we need the Cleverness of ZAK and technical Copybook batting Skills of Dravid if we want to Assure good batting in australian,african and english conditions other wise it will be a MESS and we will end up failing abroad.

i dont gurantee that we will win even with ZAK n dravid with cheer leader RAvi but we will give ourself a fair chance. 

Saurav,sachin and VVS took the right call , vinod rai needs to apply his mind and support the 3 greats and not Shastri.

i think the Support staff currently does not include zak and dravid.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:34 PM, New guy said:

I see you haven't named the BEST bowler we have but named Ishant. Still blind speed gun worship I see

best bowler that u r hinting towards is Bhuvi.

I respect him but please understand he is not a test bowler and i have seen him bowling in an ODI at wnakhade, he was 135k then and shammi was 143k or so, but shammi looked threatening, at least 2 balls were missed by batsman and Bhuvi was played around easily.

it was like an attacking bowler and a defensive bowler. 

attacking bowler may go for runs as he is just trying to scare the batsman and take his wicket, i saw batsman feeling scared and ducking in front of shammi where as BHuvi has created an impression that batsman come on the front foot and play him.

IN test matches even today SHAMMI,UMESH ,ISHANT and a few more bowlers are definitely ahead of BHUVI.

i have not seen any match recently at the stadium in which bhuvi bowled at 140+.

i have Seen Batsmen ..top srilankan and west indies batsman feeling scared of Shammi and taking blows on their Head and on their BODY.

it gives  me a bigger high, i saw west indies keeper and other batsman getting hit by shammi 2 or 3 times in one over..it was tremendous.

as a viewer i could not see the ball when shammi bowled where as i could get some idea when bhuvi bowled.

even in champions Shammi should have been played.

For tests shammi umesh are definitely better than bhuvi unless the conditions help SWING. i would play ishant ahead of bhuvi too on bouncy australian and african pitches.

bhuvi still is 130 to 142k bowler and at most times in second spell under 140k..even umesh and shammi are becoming slower and thats my worry.