Pandey/Jadhav/Dhoni(2017):is this the worst 4-5-6 combo we had since the 90's

maniac

11 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Dhoni yes. Pandey, yes.  But Jadhav no. Seems like you have personal agenda against Jadhav

Jadjav is the only cricketer in india to avergage 50 in domestics with a strike rate above 105. Yes a strike rate above 100. That too after playing for 8 years. Not even single player in domestic manage to do that. 

Secondly if you ignore his domestics, and talk about only internationals, he averages close to 46 with a strike rate of 110 in international cricket. Only player in indian team to have average above 45 and strike rate above 100!!!

Maniac has a well apparent bias for batsmen that "look" dominant.  He will have more affection for a Ben Duckett or a Jermaine Blackwood because they slog a few power shots, than the likes of Jadhav.   He thinks of his flawed bias as "acumen".  What else is there to say.  

I will also admit to not being 100% sold on Jadhav intially, but to be fair, the guy keeps performing.  You have to give him credit for that.   I actually think that his gap-hitting game makes him a candidate for #4 ahead of the likes of Dhoni and Manish Pandey.  The guy is an instinctive boundary hitter, and can potentially provide us that momentum we are looking for, in the latter part of the middle overs.   At the moment, we are over-reliant on this being provided by a "big one" from the top 3.   

Edited by sandeep
21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Maniac has a well apparent bias for batsmen that "look" dominant.  He will have more affection for a Ben Duckett or a Jermaine Blackwood because they slog a few power shots, than the likes of Jadhav.   He thinks of his flawed bias as "acumen".  What else is there to say.  

I will also admit to not being 100% sold on Jadhav intially, but to be fair, the guy keeps performing.  You have to give him credit for that.   I actually think that his gap-hitting game makes him a candidate for #4 ahead of the likes of Dhoni and Manish Pandey.  The guy is an instinctive boundary hitter, and can potentially provide us that momentum we are looking for, in the latter part of the middle overs.   At the moment, we are over-reliant on this being provided by a "big one" from the top 3.   

this thread is about T20, not ODIs. T20 is not his game.  he has never been really good in IPL too. One can score quickly in ODIs doesn't mean he can do that in T20s. T20s need six hitters. Dhawan is great example of being good in ODI and below average in T20.

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

this thread is about T20, not ODIs. T20 is not his game.  he has never been really good in IPL too. One can score quickly in ODIs doesn't mean he can do that in T20s. T20s need six hitters. Dhawan is great example of being good in ODI and below average in T20.

Sorry.  Disagree.  In fact, I think Jadhav is a decent T20 bat to have in the middle order, as he showed yesterday.  You don't have to hit sixes to score at 140+ SR, especially if you are proficient at hitting boundaries.  Jadhav may not have the power game, but he is adept at hitting gap boundaries.  The one concern I have with him, is that he doesn't seem overly reliable.  That is more of an ODI issue than T20 anyway.   

Agree 100% on Dhawan, he has a long record of being average or even poor in T20s, whether its IPL or T20I.   Jadhav really hasn't had much of a run in T20Is.   

I also agree that India need to prioritize finding more six hitters in their lineup.  We are overdepedent on Tailunt and Gujju Lukdya to provide these at the moment.  That's not enough.  If we can't find young ones, I wouldn't mind seeing Raina in the T20 mix either for a short run.  

Also, how is this thread about T20s?  OP talks about the 90s - I mean T20s didn't even exist back then. 

Edited by sandeep
18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Sorry.  Disagree.  In fact, I think Jadhav is a decent T20 bat to have in the middle order, as he showed yesterday.  You don't have to hit sixes to score at 140+ SR, especially if you are proficient at hitting boundaries.  Jadhav may not have the power game, but he is adept at hitting gap boundaries.  The one concern I have with him, is that he doesn't seem overly reliable.  That is more of an ODI issue than T20 anyway.   

Agree 100% on Dhawan, he has a long record of being average or even poor in T20s, whether its IPL or T20I.   Jadhav really hasn't had much of a run in T20Is.   

I also agree that India need to prioritize finding more six hitters in their lineup.  We are overdepedent on Tailunt and Gujju Lukdya to provide these at the moment.  That's not enough.  If we can't find young ones, I wouldn't mind seeing Raina in the T20 mix either for a short run.  

Also, how is this thread about T20s?  OP talks about the 90s - I mean T20s didn't even exist back then. 

his SR was 100 yesterday.

T20's it is obvious our line up has problems but I will also include ODI's

For starters Both Pandey's innings and Jadhav's innings came in a chase. 

Pandey's innings in Australia was good but it came in a game were the top order already knocked off half the runs at a very quick runrate.

His next 2 best  scores are against Zimbabwe and in a game vs Srilanka where both Rohit and Kohli got 100's and even with that start he got a 50 from 42 balls and if I remember correctly he was ctiticized for that innings.

Yes sample size is still small for Pandey but there is nothing that tells us that if our top order misfires,there is no coming back from it,when Pandey walks in at 4 or 5

Jadhav as I said for now is fine for what it's worth.... @rahulrulezz you keep missing this point,I said Jadhav deserves to be in the scheme of things for now as he hasn't done badly...His part time bowling has surprisingly been an asset.....however, his fitness standards are very poor based on his running between the wickets and his fiedling is terrible.Do you agree?

As far as his batting goes,the innings vs England came in a chase as well,where Kohli guided him but still credit where due he has done well but again in a big pressure situation in a chase or if a top order collapse batting first,I am sorry to say but Jadhav gives me no confidence whatsoever.

Neither Pandey or Jadhav will make you hopeful when they walk in situations like 50/3 etc. 9 out of 10 times.

Sample size for both are pretty less.However, they have always failed in testing situations from what little opportunities they got. I have no confidence in them whatsoever on tough and challenging pitches....

before people try to bring in Rohit Sharma just because they have no legit argument,sure as an opener playing swing is the most difficult thing in cricket and Rohit does not have all the attributes to counter it I have said that before just like 99% of the openers playing LOI cricket today.since,I got that out of the way let us focus back on the topic on hand.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Look at this idiot jeez......you just agreed with pretty much all my points of being over reliant on Top 3,not having confidence in Pandey and Dhoni,not being sold on Jadhav early on...

Now if you go back and read my posts,I also said for what it's worth,Jadhav might look like a hack but as long as he is on the crease runs come in at a decent rate.

The point is none of the 3 guys including the current version of Dhoni can be relied to pull us out of a hole and get us to a winning target when the chips are down. Sure when top 3 get dismissed cheaply 8/10 times,the opposition has it easy but I cannot see India being 60/3 and posting say a 300 or even a 280 with this middle order because neither Pandey nor Jadhav have shown any ability to build an innings especially when they have to fend for themselves.

You seem to take a dig at me even when you agree with me most times lol

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

Look at this idiot jeez......you just agreed with pretty much all my points of being over reliant on Top 3,not having confidence in Pandey and Dhoni,not being sold on Jadhav early on...

Now if you go back and read my posts,I also said for what it's worth,Jadhav might look like a hack but as long as he is on the crease runs come in at a decent rate.

The point is none of the 3 guys including the current version of Dhoni can be relied to pull us out of a hole and get us to a winning target when the chips are down. Sure when top 3 get dismissed cheaply 8/10 times,the opposition has it easy but I cannot see India being 60/3 and posting say a 300 or even a 280 with this middle order because neither Pandey nor Jadhav have shown any ability to build an innings especially when they have to fend for themselves.

You seem to take a dig at me even when you agree with me most times lol

I agree that I'm a bit harsh on you.  I need to resist that urge to smack you when you post something silly.   Problem is there, accepted.

Btw, I strongly disagree with you on Pandey and Jadhav as part of the problem in the middle order.  They need a proper opportunity in an extended run before you describe them as such.  I see them as part of the solution.  That's why I'm advocating for Jadhav to be promoted to #4 in our ODI lineup, whereas earlier I wanted Pandey there.  

So claiming that I am "agreeing" with you is another instance of your selective reading and comprehension, which is as much of a problem, if not more, as my succumbing to the temptation to take potshots at you is.  Kya karein yaar, abhi to thodi aadat si ho gayi hai.  :p:      And to be fair, you do provide some low-hanging fruit as a target, way too often.

Edited by sandeep
41 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

his SR was 100 yesterday.

Yes, but he came in at a situation that required that he bat conservatively and prioritze not getting out.  We should really get away from judging batsmen by the outcome - which is often not in their control, and judge them by the merits of their approach, shot selection, apparent skill level etc. 

For example, would you criticize Hardik Pandya as a slow batter because he also batted with a SR of 108?

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Kedar is a decent but not great t20 batsman. Since we have many consolidators, Kedar is made to look bad due to others not doing their job properly. Use him in a team worthy of a t20 team , he will be quite handy.