IND ODI Sqaud for NZ series announced : Rahul Shami and Umesh out

I might be in the minority here, but I'm fine with Shami and Umesh being dropped. They are our first choice pacers in Tests so I'd rather they rest and prepare for the upcoming Test series'.

Rahul being dropped is disappointing. Should be there in place of Manish Pandey I feel. 

Dinesh Karthik is our contingency plan for the 2019 WC if Dhoni gets injured so his inclusion is not surprising. Selectors have made up their mind.

Whatta joke...you drop a guy who has a huge upside to be your next Kohli for Dinesh fkin Karthik :wall:

Shami dropped,so one of Bumrah or Bhuvi are injured you go with Thakur(I am ok with a new guy being given a shot) .....Umesh I am ok if he is dropped from LOIs.

This selection committee is terrible :finger:

I have a feeling Gambhir etc are going to get farewells as well a la Nehra.

Kohli is looking like a rubber stamp captain by the day...he is being bullied by Shastri,Dhoni,selectors and everyone under the sun. 

44 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I might be in the minority here, but I'm fine with Shami and Umesh being dropped. They are our first choice pacers in Tests so I'd rather they rest and prepare for the upcoming Test series'.

Rahul being dropped is disappointing. Should be there in place of Manish Pandey I feel. 

Dinesh Karthik is our contingency plan for the 2019 WC if Dhoni gets injured so his inclusion is not surprising. Selectors have made up their mind.

If Dinesh Karthik is our contingency plan, then we deserve to lose.

What a farce :facepalm:

Edited by Laaloo

Is it me only or anyone else feel that Shastri is involving some politics inside management to keep MS Dhoni out??

First MS dropped to No.6 position from No.5 and then dropped to No.7 , coming after Pandya.

With team management not showing confidence on MS's batting, may be it has affected his keeping a little bit. ( Missed stumpings )

And Then a senior player Nehra coming into squad and retiring, saying " You should retire when people ask why instead of why not?"

Now Dinesh Karthik is included as a backup for No.4 replacing Rahul.

If Dk plays and scores well he can be considered for keepers position??

And Rahul meanwhile can go and play Boards XI match and List A match as middle order batsman to get himself acquainted and get his confidence back.

And then he will come back into the squad replacing someone atleast in SA tour.

We all know how Ms retired from Test during Australia series under Shastri. And how Kumble got out.

8 minutes ago, swastikpanda2 said:

Is it me only or anyone else feel that Shastri is involving some politics inside management to keep MS Dhoni out??

First MS dropped to No.6 position from No.5 and then dropped to No.7 , coming after Pandya.

With team management not showing confidence on MS's batting, may be it has affected his keeping a little bit. ( Missed stumpings )

And Then a senior player Nehra coming into squad and retiring, saying " You should retire when people ask why instead of why not?"

Now Dinesh Karthik is included as a backup for No.4 replacing Rahul.

If Dk plays and scores well he can be considered for keepers position??

And Rahul meanwhile can go and play Boards XI match and List A match as middle order batsman to get himself acquainted and get his confidence back.

And then he will come back into the squad replacing someone atleast in SA tour.

We all know how Ms retired from Test during Australia series under Shastri. And how Kumble got out.

Nope thats just ur imagination, happens many feel everything is just politics

But there is a thing called strategy, planning it can be right wrong good bad . 

No need to find politics in everything 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

R.Ashwin debut 2010 played 2011 WC

Axar Patel debut 2014 played 2015 WC,

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar debuted 2 years before on Dec 2012,

Stuart Binny  debut 2014 played 2015 WC

Ambati Rayudu debut  2013 played 2015 WC

Md Shami debut 2013 played 2015 WC

Mohit Sharma debut 2013 played 2015 WC

Also likes of Yusuf Pathan,Suresh Raina,Virat Kohli were hardly regulars in the side even though they debuted a little earlier and made it to the 2011

WC

congratulations you do a good job of living up to your reputation 

Lol not even 1 dude was main starter in those WCs.. Keep moaning now i want pant I want pant.. All you ll get is 2 runs against NZ A and wonder why he isn't selected.. 

Ashwin didn't play in every WC match prob 1 or max 2.. Axar patel Binny rayudu? How many matches did they even play in WC 2015 and my post clearly says 1 and half Yr and STARTING XI.. Sachin chamchas doesn't even know when Raina has his debut.. Kohli debut in 2008 and he played 9 matches in WC calling him hardly regular..  keep up with your fake stats.. Living up your name very well :phehe:

Edited by Rasgulla
2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Exactly what I said too.. Shami is too brittle to do multiple formats.. He is our best bowler for Tests.. Let's preserve him for that..

Bhuvi, Bumrah are the first choice for LOIs anyway