This could be Dinesh Karthik's chance to seal his position in the ODI team

velu

6 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Some one is paying these news agencies to hype up Dinesh Karthik. We know what ability he has got:

27 average from 23 Test Matches

29 average from 75 ODI matches 

With that numbers, he would even struggle to get into SriLankan team, let alone Indian side. 

SL has Kapugadera, who has played 100+ matches at an avg of 21, just saying. :drool:

Edited by OpeningBatsman
Let us not forget that Yuvraj,Gambhir Parthiv Patel and Harbhajan all had a shot at redemption in the last 2-3 years ...they had to suck real real bad to be dropped. Scary part is none of them have officially retired.

Karthik is the new entrant and thankfully for all of us Nehra doesn’t want to play WT20 2018.

still in line Uthappa,Unadkut,Yusuf Pathan,Irfan Pathan,Munaf Patel,RP Singh Piyush Chawla and Sreeshanth(once his ban is lifted) 

trust me one of these will make an appearance soon.

And this is the difference between Captain Dhoni and Captain Kohli. When Dhoni was made the skipper back in 2007, he made his intentions pretty clear that it was his team and he would take it forward with the players he sees fit. The first thing he did is went on to drop Ganguly and Dravid from ODI team and that same team went on to win 1st ODI series in Aust. He transformed the team so much that from getting knocked out in 1st round of 2007 WC we went on to win it in 2011. After the fiasco of Aane Do series he went on to drop remaining senior players like Sehwag, Gambo etc.

Dhoni's captaincy has that authoritativeness. He always wanted to build a young team which will serve for future. He didnt care if in the process it will hurt the sentiments of few seniors and their fans.

Sorry to say, Kohli does not look like a leader at all. He is no youngser...he is 28. But still on field it looks like Dhoni is callinh the shots. He is someone who likes to give chances to outdated senior players as a sign of nostalgia and respect and in the process harm young cricketers career.

People get fooled by Kohli's external bravado and think he is a tough guy. Infact he is a softy inside who STILL dont have much guts to go against senior players. One would hv thought we would see some changes after the humiliation of CT Final but instead we dropped KL Rahul, Pandey and got back Dinesh karthik :facepalm:

I know everyone in ICF loves to blame Dhoni but Kohli is the skipper. Why is he not taking tough calls on seniors? When Dhoni was made the captain, the team was filled with seniors yet he found a way out. Thats called leadership skills.

Maybe Kohli has no time. He is too busy praising Amir and brown-nosing Pak fans :nice:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

And this is the difference between Captain Dhoni and Captain Kohli. When Dhoni was made the skipper back in 2007, he made his intentions pretty clear that it was his team and he would take it forward with the players he sees fit. The first thing he did is went on to drop Ganguly and Dravid from ODI team and that same team went on to win 1st ODI series in Aust. He transformed the team so much that from getting knocked out in 1st round of 2007 WC we went on to win it in 2011. After the fiasco of Aane Do series he went on to drop remaining senior players like Sehwag, Gambo etc.

Dhoni's captaincy has that authoritativeness. He always wanted to build a young team which will serve for future. He didnt care if in the process it will hurt the sentiments of few seniors and their fans.

Sorry to say, Kohli does not look like a leader at all. He is no youngser...he is 28. But still on field it looks like Dhoni is callinh the shots. He is someone who likes to give chances to outdated senior players as a sign of nostalgia and respect and in the process harm young cricketers career.

People get fooled by Kohli's external bravado and think he is a tough guy. Infact he is a softy inside who STILL dont have much guts to go against senior players. One would hv thought we would see some changes after the humiliation of CT Final but instead we dropped KL Rahul, Pandey and got back Dinesh karthik :facepalm:

I know everyone in ICF loves to blame Dhoni but Kohli is the skipper. Why is he not taking tough calls on seniors? When Dhoni was made the captain, the team was filled with seniors yet he found a way out. Thats called leadership skills.

Maybe Kohli has no time. He is too busy praising Amir and brown-nosing Pak fans :nice:

It was pretty much the same in the latest IPL with Kohli. Kept picking Watson who could barely walk and didn't give Avesh a chance until the last game.

12 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Who are these senior players you speak of though- now there is only Dhoni, and I feel he still has a role to play as a middle order bat 

Cant be suggesting that Kohli is scared of Dinesh Kartik

Yes Yuvraj should never have come back, but his time has probably ended now. 

Dinesh has scored runs, taken his chance unlike the others. I do think Manish (or even Lokesh) should have had a long(er) run at 4... but Dinesh has had a great Vijay Hazare trophy last season and good IPL, he should be in the squad...has scored runs in WI and now vs NZ (albeit not especially convincingly) 

Age dosent matter, if youre good enough youre good enough, yes he has not been consistent in the past but currently he is the best Domestic List A batsman and deserves this shot.

9 hours ago, Sooda said:

Dinesh has scored runs, taken his chance unlike the others. I do think Manish (or even Lokesh) should have had a long(er) run at 4... but Dinesh has had a great Vijay Hazare trophy last season and good IPL, he should be in the squad...has scored runs in WI and now vs NZ (albeit not especially convincingly) 

Age dosent matter, if youre good enough youre good enough, yes he has not been consistent in the past but currently he is the best Domestic List A batsman and deserves this shot.

Karthik always have great domestic performance