Ishant Sharma record in last 3 years @ home : 9 tests ,10 wickets and bowl Ave : 50

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

And still gets picked in the team not a single new seamer tested in last 4-5 years .

9  tests , 15 innings and 10 wickets , Averaging 49.20.

Why exactly is he being picked ?

Given that Bhuvi and Shami are unavailable, who would you rather have seen?  I would liked Bumrah to play but he's nowhere near the team in tests.  I'd still pick Ishant over the likes of Shardul, Dhawal, Unadkat etc.

Given that Bhuvi and Shami are unavailable, who would you rather have seen?  I would liked Bumrah to play but he's nowhere near the team in tests.  I'd still pick Ishant over the likes of Shardul, Dhawal, Unadkat etc.
Siraj or Bumrah should have been picked.

And would take Shardul ahead of Ishant easily.
6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I would have Shardul if i had the option.  He is a wicket taking bowler, has a very good outswinger. Though i could have tried someone like Siraj, Aniket, Ankit, Navdeep too. Navdeep just out bowled Ishant in the second innings against Maharashtra. There is no lack of option and all these ofur have decent enough pace. Ankit and Aniket are tall and would get extra bounce if that is available on the pitch but we have been so conservative in selections. We have selected Rohit while could have easily played Shankar here.

7 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Ishant sharma is an experienced campaigner (he already has 77 tests under his belt). We already invested in him a lot and he needs to persisted with to maximize that.... He will achieve success here and let us see how it pans out in South Africa....

last 9 test show otherwise