Shreyas iyer- terrible technique

cowboysfan

I expected this long back.  I have to say Jayant Yadav has a far more organized technique than Shreyas Iyer. He is way too flashy. He just tries to play everything on the up. There is no flexibility in his batting technique. He just stands tall tries to play on the up. Odds of him middling the ball with this technique is very very less. As i said in other thread Manoj Tiwary has better technique than him. Karun Nair is also suspect against short ball.  Current crop of batsman wants to make a name for themselves in the IPL. Hence not enough attention paid to the technique, temperament, skill needed to play slightly longer version of the games.

54 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I expected this long back.  I have to say Jayant Yadav has a far more organized technique than Shreyas Iyer. He is way too flashy. He just tries to play everything on the up. There is no flexibility in his batting technique. He just stands tall tries to play on the up. Odds of him middling the ball with this technique is very very less. As i said in other thread Manoj Tiwary has better technique than him. Karun Nair is also suspect against short ball.  Current crop of batsman wants to make a name for themselves in the IPL. Hence not enough attention paid to the technique, temperament, skill needed to play slightly longer version of the games.

I think hes got much bigger technical issues than Nair or Thiwary (unless you mean Saurab thiwary ? )  , both these batsmen have a decent array of shots and potentially can/could improve . Iyer mostly plays cross batted shots , even his boundry/six hits are never clean since his timing is decent he gets away in domestic . 

Whats up with Pandey his technique is also horrible, this guy had a golden chance to proe himself.But his stance in highlights almost looks like a tailender.Horrible way to tackle moving deliveries.

India has a big problem, they neither have good batsmen with strong technique nor they have batsmen who can use long handle well.

All they have left is hacks like Iyer and Pandey who are not good in doing either.

16 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

When people like negi can earn 5+ crores from single ipl, who wants a proper technique.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Current crop of batsman wants to make a name for themselves in the IPL. Hence not enough attention paid to the technique, temperament, skill needed to play slightly longer version of the games.

And when we questioned this very same problem that IPL can cause, many here in ICF decried it. Everyone goes gaga over IPL, but there is clearly this issue of batsmen not working on proper technique for longer format.

1 minute ago, fineleg said:

And when we questioned this very same problem that IPL can cause, many here in ICF decried it. Everyone goes gaga over IPL, but there is clearly this issue of batsmen not working on proper technique for longer format.

We will not be facing problems on 300 plus pitches. But when we are up against tough conditions, things will be worse then they ever were.

Pandey’s dismissal was so eerily similar to Kohli’s dismissal on some seaming conditions looks like a common problem.

Forget the bowling where we have chances of producing 1or 2 mercurial spells like Ishant or Bhuvi have done once in a while but our batting is not reliable overseas which I have been saying all the time...Am I missing something? Doesn’t it look pretty obvious? Where are people getting the false bravado that we are going to smash England in a South Africa in their own den :facepalm: