Excellent analysis by sanju manju!!

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Chill, why are you in so much rage?? Maniac is one of the best posters here, with both humour and cricketing knowledge, abusing him like this is not worthy, if you really want to frustrate him then call Rohit a fatty opener or a maggie man and then see.:laugh1:

One thing I will always appreciate @maniac for. He has his favorites and supports them to the hilt. People have abused his favorites, ganged up on him, called him loser for supporting them. For a long time he was (and is) alone in supporting some of those players. I have never ever seen him lose his temper over that at all

Manju doesn’t deserve such high praises from you guys. He was the one who said gems like - Indian bowlers show slow down to bowl with control, and that fast bowling is not in our genes so Indian bowlers should not try it, in 3rd test pointing out that Shami and Ishant despite bowling well got one wicket less than spinners in what was a dead track for pacers.

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Manju doesn’t deserve such high praises from you guys. He was the one who said gems like - Indian bowlers show slow down to bowl with control, and that fast bowling is not in our genes so Indian bowlers should not try it, in 3rd test pointing out that Shami and Ishant despite bowling well got one wicket less than spinners in what was a dead track for pacers.

Manju has forever been a 'band-wagon' - this is not a "new" insight by any means.  Indian pace bowlers have been found wanting with their tactics for ages.  This observation would have been insightful, if he had come up with it 15 years ago.   Not today.  And irony is that Manju is actually hopping on to this particular myth-driven band-wagon, when the time is ripe for it to be proven wrong.   

Edited by sandeep

Zaheer was the only one in recent times capable of setting up batsmen. From the current line up Shami is decent in that aspect. If he has a mean bouncer his full-length deliveries would be very effective. Fast bowlers have to have one outstanding stock delivery complemented by deceptive variations. Bowling is more a mind game than we think. Remember how Vaas snared Tendulkar with an innocuous wide ball. If you see in isolation you would blame Sachin. But if you watch previous few balls he faced you would know how he gifted his wicket. Mcgrath for all his accuracy depends a lot on his variation. I remember how he scuffed up vigorously one side off the ball for his full length inswingers against lower order when India was in tatters chasing a paltry total. I think it was Saba karim who was facing. 

18 hours ago, New guy said:

One thing I will always appreciate @maniac for. He has his favorites and supports them to the hilt. People have abused his favorites, ganged up on him, called him loser for supporting them. For a long time he was (and is) alone in supporting some of those players. I have never ever seen him lose his temper over that at all

There is a reason for that ...things sort themselves out in a big way to shut haters up :aha:

case in point today :yay:

23 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

manju article-  www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21743273/why-shami-yadav-need-change-their-line

thats the reason why indian bowlers struggle overseas.

had those catches were taken at the slips, Shami would have got lot more wickets to show...good manju has taken this into account, as well.

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

That's when u will leaking lot of runs...and u will be blaming the bowlers for that...

ideally, you should attack 5th stump...that's when batsmen will become unsure whether to leave it or play it....

Ofcourse there is a skill in that, top of third stump is not easy to achieve, i think its based on skill. Some bowlers got lots of LBW because of accuracy, yeah if you drift to leg then folks will score heavy.

1.  Manju's analysis in this artucle is partially good, partially bad and partially a circumventous way of putting down fast bowling by Indians.

2.  Shami has the best strike rate and 3rd best bowling average among all pacers of all countries bowling in test matches in India  in the last 5 years. Why is this point not recognised by Manju while discussing wicket-taking ability of Shami at home  ?    ( Bhuvi ranks 2nd and 4th )

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=bowling_strike_rate;qualmin1=5;qualval1=wickets;spanmin1=09+Dec+2012;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=5;qualval1=wickets;spanmin1=09+Dec+2012;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

3. Our pacers need to take more 5-fers and 4-fers. I agree with that. They need to cut down the wide of 6th stump  deliveries drastically, I agree with that.

4.  Pacers need to target top of off-stump to top of 5th stump as their stock deliveries.  Attacking the stumps, as Manju suggests, will lead to a lot of leg-stump and down the leg deliveries. It may work somewhat on the low Asian pitches. In SA, England etc., off stump to 5th stump need to be attacked repeatedly. 

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

4.  Pacers need to target top of off-stump to top of 5th stump as their stock deliveries.  Attacking the stumps, as Manju suggests, will lead to a lot of leg-stump and down the leg deliveries. It may work somewhat on the low Asian pitches. In SA, England etc., off stump to 5th stump needs to be attacked repeatedly. 

Length is also important, I don't Indian pacers get beat on just line, they get wrong on length too on these pitches.That said maintaining that sort of line and length is not easy.

I would want Indian bowlers to remain patient and not try to take wicket of every ball. 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Length is also important, I don't Indian pacers get beat on just line, they get wrong on length too on these pitches.That said maintaining that sort of line and length is not easy.

I would want Indian bowlers to remain patient and not try to take wicket of every ball. 

Target top of off stump and you will be automatically hit good length on any kind of surface 

On 12/13/2017 at 2:33 PM, express bowling said:

1.  Manju's analysis in this artucle is partially good, partially bad and partially a circumventous way of putting down fast bowling by Indians.

2.  Shami has the best strike rate and 3rd best bowling average among all pacers of all countries bowling in test matches in India  in the last 5 years. Why is this point not recognised by Manju while discussing wicket-taking ability of Shami at home  ?    ( Bhuvi ranks 2nd and 4th )

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=bowling_strike_rate;qualmin1=5;qualval1=wickets;spanmin1=09+Dec+2012;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=5;qualval1=wickets;spanmin1=09+Dec+2012;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

3. Our pacers need to take more 5-fers and 4-fers. I agree with that. They need to cut down the wide of 6th stump  deliveries drastically, I agree with that.

4.  Pacers need to target top of off-stump to top of 5th stump as their stock deliveries.  Attacking the stumps, as Manju suggests, will lead to a lot of leg-stump and down the leg deliveries. It may work somewhat on the low Asian pitches. In SA, England etc., off stump to 5th stump need to be attacked repeatedly. 

agreed.