Indian ODI squad for South africa announced .NO KL Rahul

PSB_Zone

Dhawan and Rohit are deservedly our LOI first choice openers. No space for KL there. Therefore only opportunity is in the middle order. Given his potential as a WK and destructive 6 hitter, his success paves a clear exit strategy for MSD.

We know that MSD clearly sweats Rahul as he tried to steal the spotlight from him at the expense of the country when he hogged strike during the final over of the Windies t20 match in the USA. Mumbai lobby pitching in with their Rahane angle added weight to this clear and disgusting agenda. Disgusting politics at its worst. KL Rahul should be the hottest property in Indian cricket right now. He just needs to put his head down and keep performing..that will put all the embarrassment on the selectors. 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

TBH Dhoni was our best skipper in terms of backing youngsters. Ofcourse he had some bias for CSK players but he was very authoritative in his selection methods. He quickly realized in 2008 that Ganguly, Dravid and VVS no longer fits the LOI cricket and booted them out amidst massive media criticism. That team went on to win a tri series in Aust for 1st time. Post 2011 WC he realized that some seniors are not meeting the fitness that modern ODI cricket requires and made it clear that all 3 (Sehwag, Sachin and Gambhir) cant be in the playing XI at the same time. After the 2012 Aane Do series, Sehwag and Gambo was shown the door permanently. Backed Dhawan and Rohit as openers and that team went on to win the CT in Eng.

I know Dhoni is an unpopular player here in ICF but that man was a fantastic LOI skipper.

Ganguly too was extremely good in backing youngsters.

I dnt see any such futuristic thinking from Kohli. All he does is sucking upto seniors and put young players career in jeapordy. I just hope he gives Iyer an uniterrupted run.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Some historical revisionism in your post.

1. VVS was out of LOI reckoning by the end of Ganguly's captaincy. Don't remember him playing ODI cricket even under Dravid unless I'm missing the odd appearance.

2. While Dravid was dropped in 2008 for the CB series, he was brought back into the team around 2009 when our young batsmen's weakness against short pitched bowling was exposed. He was part of the 2009 CT squad and actually played his last ODI in 2011, scoring 60+. So like Kohli, even Dhoni has brought back seniors to the squad when the need was felt.

Another example? L Balaji in 2012. 

Besides the above, I agree with the rest of what you've typed.

2 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

Not surprise to you and me prob.. some people still believe he is in the sceme of things of even making the squad.. We already for backup as Karthik like it or not he ll stay till 2019 why would they take risk with new kid anyway.. He has no exp what so ever. He won't be selected for T20s as well.. Kohli and management obviously believes he is not ready yet.. How come Iyer is getting more chances ? They obviously saw something in him..

Dude even a non cricket fan can say who is better batter among rahul, iyer, karthik, rshane and youngsta beauty grand pa.

"Definitely we were discussing on that point also," Prasad said of Rahul. "The class and the form he is in, it's really unfortunate that he is missing out. Right now, I think those boys who are already there in the squad have done well, so it makes sense to continue. Maybe in times to come, KL will definitely [get a look in]. We will try and see that he will be fit into different options. So, probably after this series we will have to think about that." Asked if the player had a say in where he wanted to bat, Prasad said the player had every right to express his preference, but it was up to the selectors to identify what was good for the team.

That means selectors and team management has already decide that no matter how Rahul performs, he will remain as back-up player for the time being. In tests, he is after Vijay and Dhawan. In ODIs he is after Dhawan, Rohit and Rahane. In T20Is, he is after Rohit and Dhawan. We can't rule out that Rahul after failing at number 4, might have asked just to be as opener. You never know that. If that is so, he has committed huge mistake. 

"We are grooming some new wicketkeepers in India A tours. More or less we have fixed up [our] mind till the World Cup and after that at later stages we will start grooming some of those wicketkeepers in India A tours. Let me tell you frankly that still those boys are not up to the levels that we have expected. We will still keep giving them chances in the India A tours and see that they are nurtured."

This team management believes on seniors more than youngsters. That is why we have seen Nehra, Yuvraj or even Bhajji getting chance at some point of time. Currently, they don't trust Pant, Ishan Kishan, Prashant Chopra, Samson etc. and it makes clear that Dhoni will be till 2019 with Karthick as back-up opener. Okay, I get Karthick as back-up opener, but has he justified his position in playing XI? You are playing two keepers in playing XI. I would try some other youngster because world cup is still far away. May be Vijay Shankar, who can give you 4-5 overs easily or Krunal Pandeya. At least you will have a similar batsman (if not better or worse than Karthick) and an extra bowler in such options. 

"Definitely we were discussing on that point also," Prasad said of Rahul. "The class and the form he is in, it's really unfortunate that he is missing out. Right now, I think those boys who are already there in the squad have done well, so it makes sense to continue. Maybe in times to come, KL will definitely [get a look in]. We will try and see that he will be fit into different options. So, probably after this series we will have to think about that." Asked if the player had a say in where he wanted to bat, Prasad said the player had every right to express his preference, but it was up to the selectors to identify what was good for the team.

What  has DK done?

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea i dnt beilve in conspiracy theory...........its plain stupidity which if u follow indian cricket its easy to digest 

Forget kohli- Ganguly, laxman, dravid have all openly backed rahane in LOI

sehwag, laxman wants dhawan to play ahead of rahul-

Acc to bhajji karthik is best option at 4

Every Ex-cricketer wants yuvraj back

Ye dimaagi problem hi hai sabka. M sure KL rahul didnt run away with many cricketer money due to which they are biased. Yaha agar format difference ki aur skill diff ki samajh hoti to hum kaha ke kaha hote. The whole system thinking is still not evolved which shows in selection of our t20 team, what else do i need to say 

Watever status kohli earns as captain in indian history one thing is clear he doesnt have the knack for right horses and doesnt know how to build players 

I am not saying Kohli dropped Rahul because he was jealous of him eclipsing him.

But there is politics at play. It's so obvious.

The reason is what no one knows for sure but something has happened.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Kohli dropped Ashwin and Jadeja from ODI’s who were passengers in ODI’s. He has been sticking with Kuldeep and Chahal now.

Sad for Rahul as he should have been picked and its wrong to leave him out.

Can you be even more milder on your dilli friend Kohli ? :angry:

Whenever its dilli or punj, its "yeh dil maange more'"! and only a light slap-on-the-wrist for disgusting tactics of Kohli.

Edited by fineleg
51 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Some historical revisionism in your post.

1. VVS was out of LOI reckoning by the end of Ganguly's captaincy. Don't remember him playing ODI cricket even under Dravid unless I'm missing the odd appearance.

2. While Dravid was dropped in 2008 for the CB series, he was brought back into the team around 2009 when our young batsmen's weakness against short pitched bowling was exposed. He was part of the 2009 CT squad and actually played his last ODI in 2011, scoring 60+. So like Kohli, even Dhoni has brought back seniors to the squad when the need was felt.

Another example? L Balaji in 2012. 

Besides the above, I agree with the rest of what you've typed.

LAxman did play 2-3 odi under dravid 

There was a huge diff between our bench strength then n now , seniors returning still made some sense

Balaji came back on good t20 perfomances

3 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Can you be even more milder on your dilli friend Kohli ? :angry:

Whenever its dilli or punj, its "yeh dil maange more'"! and only a light slap-on-the-wrist for disgusting tactics of Kohli.

Thats how I am. I never go crazy on mu criticism on any captain. Same was when Kumble, Dhoni, Azhar or anyone who used to piss me off. You know all these years I have been on forum I don’t criticize or go crazy how crap a captain is, unless its Steve Smith or some other overseas captain.

Selectors and Kohli are wrong in not picking Rahul, Yes. But Now anyone coming up bullshyt like Kohli doesn’t pick Rahul because he is worried about Rahul getting the attention or that Rahul might do better than Kohli is absolute garbage thought and people should think twice even before thinking of sharing such opinion. I mean you can write whatever you want, its an open forum but it only shows how bad one’s thinking is if one is assuming that Kohli doesn’t pick Rahul because he is scared of Rahul’s success. It makes only those icfers or people look foolish.

Rahul needs to be in the team and Kohli and management are wrong, but lets not step so low ourselves where we are drawing random shyt conclusions.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

The only serious talent kohli is backing is Pandya greatest of all...

PAndya was well backed by dhoni and even bumrah who debut at same time 

Pandya was given new ball , last over and was given a continous run by dhoni. So he had games to establish trust among team under dhoni only

The problem with kohli is he doesnt trust a youngster soon and always falls for past reputation. Reason many seniors came back under him and even in IPL he bought yuvraj singh back when he was struggling 

The way kohli works sometimes i think had pandya n bumrah debut under kohli, 1-2 bad perfomance the chopping n changing wud have started.

Look at nair , after making a 300 one bad series and he was discarded......for god sake he made a 300

Look at rahul case, before SL odi series - kohli said he was to good a batsman to sitout and within one series 3 chances all on diff batting orders he discarded 

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thats how I am. I never go crazy on mu criticism on any captain. Same was when Kumble, Dhoni, Azhar or anyone who used to piss me off. You know all these years I have been on forum I don’t criticize or go crazy how crap a captain is, unless its Steve Smith or some other overseas captain.

Selectors and Kohli are wrong in not picking Rahul, Yes. But Now anyone coming up bullshyt like Kohli doesn’t pick Rahul because he is worried about Rahul getting the attention or that Rahul might do better than Kohli is absolute garbage thought and people should think twice even before thinking of sharing such opinion. I mean you can write whatever you want, its an open forum but it only shows how bad one’s thinking is if one is assuming that Kohli doesn’t pick Rahul because he is scared of Rahul’s success. It makes only those icfers or people look foolish.

Rahul needs to be in the team and Kohli and management are wrong, but lets not step so low ourselves where we are drawing random shyt conclusions.

So what other reqson is there not picking Raul . Even a retard can see Raul is quality. Test Ton in oz , how many 50s in a row in tests ? Amazing knock in last t20 power and class stamped all over it !

you can try and go down logic line but clearly protecting his boys and worried about Raul .  Play Raul 2 years non stop in all formats easily could be best player in world . Kohli and co don’t like this 

but Raul is class and will prevail