MSK Prasad chairman of selectors

31 minutes ago, chewy said:

Lol, I always laugh when those guys in stands shouting Dhoni Dhoni, wanting him to come bat, normally the fans who attend matches in person are more knowledgeable than the arm chair fans, but in India it’s the opposite

You rightly put it, majority attending are thick :lol: 

It's true. Check the replies to this tweet. More people asking for Raina and Yuvraj to be included compared to Rahul :facepalm:

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

MSK Prasad has made it very clear that for him, that he values "experienced" players trying to make comebacks much more than investing in younger prospects.   This has been a constant theme in his tenure.  Virat has also followed this philosophy well before Prasad joined th Selection committee. 

Go back to a few years ago when Virat was made Captain for an ODI series against Zimbabwe.  He did not give Parvez Rasool, or any of the fringe players, a shot in any of the games.  And he publicly defended his choice by saying that the 'senior' players are fit and available, so they get first shot at playing.  

Unfortunately for us, BCCI and entire team has made up its mind that Dhoni is first choice WK for 2019 WC.   And that his backup is going to be Dinesh Karthik ahead of any younger players.  Once you make peace with this fact, the rest of it just flows from there.  With Iyer in the squad, there is simply no room for another spare middle order batsman, especially since Rahane is apparently a "lock" for 3rd Opener.  

This is what we call adding insult to injury, Dhoni himself is struglling to defend his position and these idiots have chosen the most super useless player ever as his backup.

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

MSK Prasad - Andhra 

Devang Gandhi - Bengal

Sarandeep Singh - Punjab

Jatin Prajanpe - Mumbai

Gagan Khoda - Rajasthan

Lodha panel had recommended 3 member panel consisting of only test players. If those recommendations were implemented Jatin and Gagan from Mumbai quota wouldn't have been part of it as they didn't play tests.

Apparently, Prasad's FC average is 27 and he was below average keeper during his time. He got chance to play for India because we did not have good WKBs then. For some recent years, we are seeing these below average cricketers becoming national team selectors. If you don't have your famous players available as selectors at least make sure that you choose FC cricket stalwarts. For example, from last generation, you have Amol Majumdar, S Badrinath, Wasim Jaffar etc. I can't recall more but I am sure there will b more suitanle plyeres than the current chosen selectors. If you go on and check the international record of these selectors, all were awful. I can recall from my childhood that whenever Sarandeep played for India, we lost. I used to call him 'panauti' in that time. May be we won 1-2 matches with him in playing XI. 

KT trying to hard to put this blame on Dhoni. lol. spamming all threads with same nonsense and then they shout against Velu of creating multiple threads about MSD.

Prasad just reiterated what everyone already knew. MS is the no.1 keeper in ODIs and his backup is DK which is required because you have to have a backup keeper incase of injuries or any untoward incident. Rahul being not picked in the XI is completely upto Kohli and Shastri because they prefer Shikhar and Rohit in ODIs and Shikhar and Vijay in Tests. As soon as anyone of them fails, Rahul comes in. I feel Rahul is getting too much hype on ICF. Peipple are just going to get hurt badly if he fails after this. 

P.S I agree Rahul is potentially superior player compared to others. Sad that he is not selected. Everything else is just hogwash conspiracy theories for amusement of the fans. If you really cared so much as you post here, you would have done a dharna and stopped watching cricket alltogether and removed yourself from the forums that call them Indian Cricket fans. But obviously, you like everyone else that you blame - care nothing and will be allright as soon as we play and win the next game. Kohli will hit a masterful hundred in SA and all will be forgotten. He will overtake Sachin in records and we would start comparing the numbers. Faltu ka timepass karte rehte hai.

2 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

We are turning into Pakistan, where we demand for below average players to be included because they used to hit sixes 11 years ago. 

Sad. Because even Rahul can hit sixahs with ease as he has shown in T20s. At least with Pujara I can understand why some of the casual fans are indifferent.

Honestly, He is actually good much better than previous panel.

We can see how well they have given chance to all exciting talents in A tours/u19s, duleep trophy, warm ups etc.

But he can not speak a word against team management and kohli/dhoni etc. 

That why this fcuked up selection time n time again.

Kohli just doesnt have patience to blood a youngster.

4 hours ago, speedheat said:

Why are we dealing with this msk Prasad...? @Rasgulla would have done better job than this clown :facepalm: 

I would have never let your "ailiaaa" in the Team atall just like Kohli and selectors completely chucked him out... until he promises me he ll bowl accurate and not  just phasttt spraying like a bowling machine :hysterical:

6 minutes ago, adi B said:

What are the ex players doing? Why not guys like dada,Rahul,laxman coming out and raising their voice ?

oh sorry forgot,bcci ka hath sable sath !!

Seriously can’t believe not one tv channel willing to rip in to Indian team when required . Surely massive gap in market for a tv show with 2 or 3 guys willing to tell it how it is . Would get great ratings surely ?

On 12/24/2017 at 12:53 AM, Rasgulla said:

I like him.. Best selector India ever had :bow:

yes msk prasad has done a great job...only thing which i dont like about him is ..he supports dhoni, though i feel dhoni was the one who was better than him and thats why his international career was cut....

dhoni's eye sight seems to have gone down a bit as hid batting is not the same as it was earlier....his fitness seems to be still very good so its just his eyesight which has gone down...

i just now have got spectacles and last season i did not bat well and got out crazily some times missing easy balls..i never realised i got a 0.5 eyesight suddenly and now i have realised this..so what i wanna say eyesight diminishes some times,,,,he looks 43 though he says he is 36...his beard is all white and even his skin looks he is 45 or 44 as i am 45 now and i felt dhoni is my age...

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

yes msk prasad has done a great job...only thing which i dont like about him is ..he supports dhoni, though i feel dhoni was the one who was better than him and thats why his international career was cut....

dhoni's eye sight seems to have gone down a bit as hid batting is not the same as it was earlier....his fitness seems to be still very good so its just his eyesight which has gone down...

i just now have got spectacles and last season i did not bat well and got out crazily some times missing easy balls..i never realised i got a 0.5 eyesight suddenly and now i have realised this..so what i wanna say eyesight diminishes some times,,,,he looks 43 though he says he is 36...his beard is all white and even his skin looks he is 45 or 44 as i am 45 now and i felt dhoni is my age...

I have noticed in dhoni thickening of the body . Not saying fat but defo looks bit bigger less slim . Happens 

I remember Alex Ferguson saying on canons noticed slight thickening and next thing he knew cantona retired 

World Cup 2019 . Good chance dhoni could really go really down hill in next 10 months 

Edited by King Tendulkar