Everyone take a Chill Pill... We performed decently well.

1 hour ago, veer said:

I wanted to believe that we played good... However there are few pointers:

1. Day 1 pitch favored us.. and we got them down cheaply

2. Day 2 Pandya got couple of lives and played too many risky shots.. it is not going to work every time

3. Day 4 pitch again favored us and we again got them out cheaply

4. They played with 3 bowlers.. Dale Steyn could/would have damaged us much worse..

Pitch favored them as well, and we also dropped catches and missed run out. Main thing is our batsmen have not shown any determination, and i think in 4th inning whatever be the target we ll always fell short as none of our batsmen have that temprament all we needed is everyone should require to chip in with 30s or 40s intially and we would have won. This was the best chance to win a match, but from the start our top order went in shell more than dhwan vijay and pujara was culprit , i thik they need to change their approsch in some situation, you cant allow bowler to settle in these kind of pitches, kohli tried and he was able to pressurize them to some extent , m not saying it was great inning but thats what we needed from entire top order just 30s or 40s and game could have been ours.

5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Pitch favored them as well, and we also dropped catches and missed run out. Main thing is our batsmen have not shown any determination, and i think in 4th inning whatever be the target we ll always fell short as none of our batsmen have that temprament all we needed is everyone should require to chip in with 30s or 40s intially and we would have won. This was the best chance to win a match, but from the start our top order went in shell more than dhwan vijay and pujara was culprit , i thik they need to change their approsch in some situation, you cant allow bowler to settle in these kind of pitches, kohli tried and he was able to pressurize them to some extent , m not saying it was great inning but thats what we needed from entire top order just 30s or 40s and game could have been ours.

Dhawan and Pujara style of playing is actually awful.. When you need to be watchful for few overs, Dhawan goes attacking.. When you need to score runs little faster when ball is getting older, Pujara still plays defensively..

1 hour ago, adi B said:

Make no mistake ,this was a chaseable target ,there were no demons in the pitch but in the minds of the Indian batsmen 

Yup. 200 runs in 5 sessions should be a win 8 times out of 10. SA were even a bowler short.

The major problem is the batting is weak both mentally & technically. Can't seem to handle any pressure and collapse like cards.

Also batting is one dimensional. It's either block and score no runs or try to hit out without using the brain.

This was the best chance to win a test in SA, there's only 2 games left and difficult to see another similar opportunity arising. 

On 1/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, sourab10forever said:

There were always going to be troubles touring SA. There are a million things to complain about but the fact is its an away tour and this was always on the cards. We came back brilliantly into the game not once but twice. Look at the positives and relax....

No we did not. Could have won boththe games.

Personally gutted by losses . But you know what not worried

we will come out stronger and better for this . A year at home , no prep this would happen . Now kohli and co can see what’s needed and what players now shown not to cut it and who to take moving forward 

we also competed well both games . And amazingly I think could actually be 2-0

up . Frankly sa did us on fielding and de villiers . If swapped fielding units round I say we 2-0 up lol

also in both games had chances to seize the moment and take control . When opportunities came did not take it 

all Is not rosy . But things not so bad as being made out . A few tweaks and a bit better play at times we will be ok moving forward 

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Personally gutted by losses . But you know what not worried

we will come out stronger and better for this . A year at home , no prep this would happen . Now kohli and co can see what’s needed and what players now shown not to cut it and who to take moving forward 

we also competed well both games . And amazingly I think could actually be 2-0

up . Frankly sa did us on fielding and de villiers . If swapped fielding units round I say we 2-0 up lol

also in both games had chances to seize the moment and take control . When opportunities came did not take it 

all Is not rosy . But things not so bad as being made out . A few tweaks and a bit better play at times we will be ok moving forward 

What do you think about Karthik,Pappu,Dhoni etc still being in the scheme of things?

On 1/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, maniac said:

@King Tendulkar is singlehandedly making up for @sandeep and @Cricketics absence today(not surprisingly) :giggle:

Hope they are ok today...we need them to patrol our borders (from infiltration from Niagara Falls,ON)

I was traveling in India until recently.   "Not surprisingly", chose to spend bulk of my time with family and friends who I only see rarely.   

Your lame cheap shots aside, did you have any other point to make?   

On the subject of the series loss, I am bitterly disappointed, and think that the scoreline does not accurately reflect how close we were to turning tables on the South Africans.   In both tests.   The disappointment is especially bitter because a lot of the flaws and failures were self inflicted.   

But as my signature states, I will continue to root for the team through wins and losses.   And I still genuinely believe that we have as good a chance as the home team, to win the 3rd test.   Especially if we stop screwing around with the team selection.  I'm still playing catch-up on my reading, but I read what Akash Chopra wrote on Cricinfo regarding the series loss, and that's a fair reflection of what I feel about this series.  A lost opportunity, in every sense of the word.  

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I was traveling in India until recently.   "Not surprisingly", chose to spend bulk of my time with family and friends who I only see rarely.   

Your lame cheap shots aside, did you have any other point to make?   

On the subject of the series loss, I am bitterly disappointed, and think that the scoreline does not accurately reflect how close we were to turning tables on the South Africans.   In both tests.   The disappointment is especially bitter because a lot of the flaws and failures were self inflicted.   

But as my signature states, I will continue to root for the team through wins and losses.   And I still genuinely believe that we have as good a chance as the home team, to win the 3rd test.   Especially if we stop screwing around with the team selection.  I'm still playing catch-up on my reading, but I read what Akash Chopra wrote on Cricinfo regarding the series loss, and that's a fair reflection of what I feel about this series.  A lost opportunity, in every sense of the word.  

Firstly...Hope you had a good time :nice: on your vacation

Second thing is there is pessimism and optimism and then there is something called being factual and seeing things like they are.

Me and a lot of others have called it from the start saying that looking at India’s catching,preparation,scheduling and also “batting” on pitches with seam moment, nothing points towards a series win leave alone escaping a drubbing and pretty much all those above points were the cause for the losses eventually...in fact bowling was a pleasant surprise and on the other hand captaincy  a big disappointment.These were  things which  atleast I didn’t see coming .

Sure there are some posters  who were all  doom and gloom and then some like yourself who were  super confident and then some calling it like it is. It doesn’t mean that one group supports India any less than the other.

Anyways what I said was just in fun, take it easy .Trust  me rubbing an Indian loss in your face is the last thing that I would try, because just like every  Indian cricket fan on this forum I am equally disappointed.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Firstly...Hope you had a good time :nice: on your vacation

Yes, I did.  Thank you.  

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Second thing is there is pessimism and optimism and then there is something called being factual and seeing things like they are.

Sure there are some posters  who were all  doom and gloom and then some like yourself who were  super confident and then some calling it like it is. It doesn’t mean that one group supports India any less than the other.

Let's just agree to disagree since you and I see things quite differently.   Sure, I was optimistic about our chances for this series, but when I repeatedly posted that our chances to win were 55-45 - I don't think that can be categorized as "super confident" or delusional.  If anything, the 2 tests that we have seen, only strengthens my argument that we have blown a singularly good opportunity to improve our test record in SA, by some serious bungling on the selection and preparation fronts.  

And we may have our disagreements and banter on a bunch of things, not the least amongst them your unvarnished love for Rohit Sharma - but I would never question your support for the team.   Or most of anyone else on the forum, for that matter.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Yes, I did.  Thank you.  

Let's just agree to disagree since you and I see things quite differently.   Sure, I was optimistic about our chances for this series, but when I repeatedly posted that our chances to win were 55-45 - I don't think that can be categorized as "super confident" or delusional.  If anything, the 2 tests that we have seen, only strengthens my argument that we have blown a singularly good opportunity to improve our test record in SA, by some serious bungling on the selection and preparation fronts.  

And we may have our disagreements and banter on a bunch of things, not the least amongst them your unvarnished love for Rohit Sharma - but I would never question your support for the team.   Or most of anyone else on the forum, for that matter.

I infact thought our batting and bowling would be outclassed but still by not so much but fielding is bad enough to singlehandedly lose us the series....Cricket acumen 1 optimism 0

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

I infact thought our batting and bowling would be outclassed but still by not so much but fielding is bad enough to singlehandedly lose us the series....Cricket acumen 1 optimism 0

:adore: to your unintentionally funny ability to proclaim victory and pat yourself on the back.