Virat Kohli Captaincy thread

Kumble and kohli are both strong personalities. That rarely works out.

I think this will temper down kohli too.

He has had his disagreement and most probably his way too. He can't do this again. 

He is getting support from bcci because they want kumble out for stabbing then when they were at war with icc.They won't support him always.

Kohli will probably emerge weaker after this ...having used up all his weapons already.remember...home series are over.

He will really have to show huge success on the field to get back his power and goodwill.

Good for us.

Edited by beetle
5 minutes ago, Khota said:

I agree. BCCI makes a big mistake by having same captain for all formats. There should be three different captains. If Kumble goes so should Kohli lose his captaincy. COA is correct.

Wrong. In India, multiple leaders only create more problems. It's good that there is one single leader for the different formats. And if the other players support Kohli, then it's Kumble alone who should leave.

2 minutes ago, someone said:

Wrong. In India, multiple leaders only create more problems. It's good that there is one single leader for the different formats. And if the other players support Kohli, then it's Kumble alone who should leave.

Too much concentrated power causes more problems. When Dhoni left Kohli start giving more opportunities to pace bowler. Three captains will have less power in had of a player. Moreover once again a radical concept but cricket does not need captains. They should be rotated.

Not good to see SC appointed CoA making such statements for the media. Didn't SC intervene because they wanted more transparency and professionalism? And what is fair in this case? Surely, when both the captain and other players are having issues with the coach, it's the coach who should be fixed. Just because he is a legend, doesn't make him right each time.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

I agree. BCCI makes a big mistake by having same captain for all formats. There should be three different captains. If Kumble goes so should Kohli lose his captaincy. COA is correct.

No there should be one captain as much as possible else players get different messages and more chances of friction and confusion. Though I'm not sold on Kohli's captaincy in shorter formats, there's no other player who's alternate candidate at this point in time.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Too much concentrated power causes more problems. When Dhoni left Kohli start giving more opportunities to pace bowler. Three captains will have less power in had of a player. Moreover once again a radical concept but cricket does not need captains. They should be rotated.

Disagree. Stability is the most important aspect here and one captain for all formats is the right way in India. And we are not talking about just a normal player, Kohli is the best, most popular player now and with strong leadership skills. He is the right candidate in all formats.

And cricket is not football, the coach/manager can't do much and really it's the captain who makes all the decisions on the match-day and pitch.

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

If BCCI is to bend backwards as per Kohli's wish, they're running a great risk of creating another Dhoni within the team. Kumble is the right person to maintain that balance. 

Why so many dislikes? All power in the hands of captain is marking graveyard for future.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Guha out. It seems it was him who had advised Kumble to demand 1.5 times salary hike without understanding basic BCCI pay/finance structure. I hope it all coils down now.

Unlike few icf smartasses i am not going to berate one for other. They both are needed but we need Kohli more

lol Guha is also from Karnataka ?. some wierd old boy network, both can go f themselves.