Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

Just now, Khota said:

I agree . Should be looking at the replacements but I will not give up rahul or Dhawan. Vijay was plain clueless last test.

so was your favorite karthik. Bottomline is their degree of cluelessness varies. Otherwise everyone has been clueless in this series. Technically we lost the test because of Dhawan's drop. You have to factor that in as well. His net contribution was somewhere in the minus

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

so was your favorite karthik. Bottomline is their degree of cluelessness varies. Otherwise everyone has been clueless in this series. Technically we lost the test because of Dhawan's drop. You have to factor that in as well. His net contribution was somewhere in the minus

This forum is way too harsh on Karthick. The six he produced was the most clutch shot in Indian cricket. having said that he is still better than Pant but I am very consistent and I would have given him one more game. There is an intense dislike against karthick here.

33 minutes ago, Khota said:

This forum is way too harsh on Karthick. The six he produced was the most clutch shot in Indian cricket. having said that he is still better than Pant but I am very consistent and I would have given him one more game. There is an intense dislike against karthick here.

I am a big fan of DK too. But did he justify that faith? No. He followed the all too familiar patten which he did all his career. Just a decent 50 surrounded by colossal failures. I gave him chance because he had a consistent domestic run. He is way more clueless now than when he was 19.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am a big fan of DK too. But did he justify that faith? No. He followed the all too familiar patten which he did all his career. Just a decent 50 surrounded by colossal failures. I gave him chance because he had a consistent domestic run. He is way more clueless now than when he was 19.

He still cannot construct an innings at the highest level.The only thing Nidahas trophy proved is that he can hit shots from ball 1

That is perhaps the best way to use his talent as a number 6 in ODI's that way he can go for it without thinking too much but the team management slotted him at number 4 there and played him in Tests where he needed a different mental capacity,one which he simply doesnt have

Unfortunately this might mean the end of his return to ODI's too could have used a stroke maker like him(only in slog overs)

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

DK is one of India's most talented batsmen. He is amazing against both pacers and spinners.

I was a fan of him back in 2013 but then realized he is all flash and no substance.

Edited by sensible-indian
Just now, GautiMaan said:

He still cannot construct an innings at the highest level.The only thing Nidahas trophy proved is that he can hit shots from ball 1

That is perhaps the best way to use his talent as a number 6 in ODI's that way he can go for it without thinking too much but the team management slotted him at number 4 there and played him in Tests where he needed a different mental capacity,one which he simply doesnt have

Unfortunately this might mean the end of his return to ODI's too could have used a stroke maker like him(only in slog overs)

Nope. DK is a choker. He will screw us over in ODIs too.

He should be booted out of all formats.

2 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Nope. DK is a choker. He will screw us over in ODIs too.

He should be booted out of all formats.

he is not a choker. Put yourself in his shoes. No support, no permanent place, under pressure all the time. DK tanking on BCCI not managing his career properly. He is not that bad.

4 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

What's the 'reason' you think people don't like him? 

Please enlighten all of us.

His 5th test was bad. He was just fine till test 4. I believe he should be benched based on the spineless effort in 5th test.

You can shine the light yourself.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

2 tours of SA N ENG not even a single 50 , bad only in 5th test :phehe:

He aint a tailender that we shud be happy with 20-30

He should be compared with openers. Till test 4 he was the highest scorer at that spot. Not excusing his test 5 performance though.

21 minutes ago, Khota said:

He should be compared with openers. Till test 4 he was the highest scorer at that spot. Not excusing his test 5 performance though.

As i said all were garbage , so he looked a lil less garbage 

but its about good days . Its not about who is worse on bad days, its about who is best on good days and good players will always be backed

Vijay has had good days

Rahul has had it

Dhawan hardly any 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03