Chetswar " The Wall" ​​​​​​​ Pujara ouside Asia

sergio04

He was most comfortable in both Tests against the SA attack than any of Indian batsmen, but his lack of strokeplay and running ability leads to him getting bogged down and eventually every ball becomes magic ball and one gets through

Maybe he should just open and see off new ball. No need to make runs or rotate strike. 

Edited by chewy

Pujara is an excellent test batsman. I feel he is changing his whole attitude towards batting for the captains liking and thats not fair. Pujara is not Kohli and will never be. But for what he is, he has a very important role in the test team. It's fine that he eats balls and takes his time, let him go about his business. 

Kohli needs to realize that not every Test match needs to be played at a run rate of 4+. There will be plenty of moments when batsmen have to see of a good spell, kill the new ball, eat time, play for a draw etc....

Pujara being asked to score faster, run quick singles, is not playing to his strengths. It's as good as asking Warner to play slower and longer! Kohli is an artist with the bat, an exemplary talent. But he's not astute or smart, wether its his words or actions. He means no harm but I dont think me really measures the impact his words and actions have. 

Pujara plays a vital role in Kohli's performance. He can calm the situation before Kohli's arrival at the crease. Plus being the polar opposite, Pujara is the Ying to Kohli's Yang.

Edited by shortbread
1 minute ago, shortbread said:

Pujara is an excellent test batsman. I feel he is changing his whole attitude towards batting for the captains liking and thats not fair. Pujara is not Kohli and will never be. But for what he is, he has a very important role in the test team. It's fine that he eats balls and takes his time, let him go about his business. 

Kohli needs to realize that not every Test match needs to be played at a run rate of 4+. There will be plenty of moments when batsmen have to see of a good spell, kill the new ball, eat time, play for a draw etc....

Pujara being asked to score faster, run quick singles, is not playing to his strengths. It's as good as asking Warner to play slower and longer! Kohli is an artist with the bat, an exemplary talent. But he's not astute or smart, wether its his words or actions. He means no harm but I dont think me really measures the impact his words and actions have. 

That's why a lot of great footballers don't make good Managers because they can't u derstand why everyone can't do what they did 

4 minutes ago, shortbread said:

Pujara plays a vital role in Kohli's performance. He can calm the situation before Kohli's arrival at the crease. Plus being the polar opposite, Pujara is the Ying to Kohli's Yang.

Cant blame captain, he failed in overseas under dhoni to

He has issues overseas. He didnt do well in county - waha konsa dhoni aur kohli tha

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Cant blame captain, he failed in overseas under dhoni to

He has issues overseas. He didnt do well in county - waha konsa dhoni aur kohli tha

Which of these batsmen exactly excelled overseas? Even the best in the team Kohli scores one century every tour. He scored a coupe of centuries in county, when none of the other batsmen have even attempted it!

Pujara's performance in this tour has been poor, but dropping another batsman is the last thing this team needs. Apart from kicking out NoH!t and bringing in Rahane Indian should stick to the same batting line up.

In Tests, runs are not the only measure for success for the top order. If Che is able to blunt the attack, I would take it. Once the attack is blunt and conditions improve, lower order can chip in too  

Probably playing with folks who come in with a LOI mentality is impacting his game. I also saw Vijay get out unnecessarily trying to cut Maharaj when the situation did not demand that 

44 minutes ago, zen said:

In Tests, runs are not the only measure for success for the top order. If Che is able to blunt the attack, I would take it. Once the attack is blunt and conditions improve, lower order can chip in too  

Probably playing with folks who come in with a LOI mentality is impacting his game. I also saw Vijay get out unnecessarily trying to cut Maharaj when the situation did not demand that 

This.

Pujara is confused and not playing his natural game. He gets some signals from Virashtri to play with positive intent and score briskly, while his natural game is more like Shastri himself when he used to play slowly (even in ODIs) to blunt the attack and score on loose balls only. He wanted to show intent by running hard in both the innings. 

Rahane getting dropped, Bhuvi getting dropped, Vijay-Rahul-Dhawan musical chair, confusing Pujara, Choosing talent over and over again despite umpteen faiilures, Yadav getting axed after a great 2017 are the signs of a difficult confused captain. We need a coach who cuts the big ego of the delhi=boy and give constructive feedback. Not an yesman like nicky shots over there.

1 hour ago, shortbread said:

Which of these batsmen exactly excelled overseas? Even the best in the team Kohli scores one century every tour. He scored a coupe of centuries in county, when none of the other batsmen have even attempted it!

Pujara's performance in this tour has been poor, but dropping another batsman is the last thing this team needs. Apart from kicking out NoH!t and bringing in Rahane Indian should stick to the same batting line up.

Kohli's average is over 55 in top 4 countries except England

3 hours ago, shortbread said:

Kohli scored 4 in australia 

Pujara has one overall in overseas....huge diff 

This tour he failed in NZ, AUS, ENG and till now 2 out of 3 Sa tour he has failed , he was struggling in WI to . 

Make rahane captain or ashwin, pujara story wnt be any different 

Ashwin outscored pujara in county

Its not about attempting others player other format as well, they dnt have time. 

Lol @ so many pujara apologists making excuses for this pathetic phateechar player, some idiots are even coming up with kaanspiracy theories to blame kohli for this overrated pathetic player's failures. Face the facts people, pujara is simply no good enough, he's the modern day akash chopra