Interesting Article on Rahul Dravid.

Nice share..  that perspective about 9 year olds trying to bowl on 22 yards putting their bodies & future at risk is really true

"There must be strict guidelines as to what a child does at an academy - what age group plays with what ball, how many yards do they bowl from, how many overs they bowl and what the coach-to-child ratio must be. I sometimes see nine-year-olds being made to bowl 22 yards which is terrible for them - in terms of the load on their bodies and the short cuts they take to get to the other end."

Being brash is not wrong as long as you are not demeaning others.Winning under 19 world cup is great but their careers have just begun so Dravid down to earth personality works there.

Shastri is managing senior team where winning is everything so he has to breed that winning culture and he is doing his way.How can anyone suggest that his methods are wrong and Dravid's methods are right.

After I was done playing, I did a few things – commentary, doing corporate speeches. But the thing I enjoyed the most was coaching. Commentary was nice and great, but you just don’t get a fulfillment at the end of the day. Being involved with young people, their lives gave me the most satisfaction. So, purely for selfish reasons I am doing something that gives me satisfaction. I enjoy doing it.

This answers @maniac's question. However, not everyone accepts it.

32 minutes ago, Vilander said:

oh ohh he said this.

"This time I was determined to put a process in place, not so much looking at the end result "

damn. Process not looking at end result..did he just say that.

:cheer:

@velu @Rasgulla 

@Shunya @sscomp32

we know who else said that,looks like great men think alike

The process stuff is old school. All coaches teach the fundamentals and tell their plyers to get better and improve rather than win a tournament. If everyone is doing their job then they will end up winning. It is indeed all about process.

Moreover Dravid is helping these kids in becoming better and further improving themselves. Compare and contrast this to you know who and you will realize that Dravid is a gem.

11 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

He (Dravid) also thinks long term. In a recent interview he alluded to the fact that we beat Australia in the u 19 World Cup in 2012. However a lot more of that Australian u 19 team went on to represent the senior team. In that sense, he argued, one could ask who really "won" the 2012 u19 World Cup?

Travis Head, Cameron Bancroft, Joel Paris now disappeared, Ashton turner, Ashton Agar, Gurinder Sandhu

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

oh ohh he said this.

"This time I was determined to put a process in place, not so much looking at the end result "

@velu @Rasgulla 

@Shunya @sscomp32

Always thought, Dhoni picked up a lot from Dravid since he played most of his younger days under his captaincy. 

Dravid - :hatsoff: mentoring/developing legends since 2005 

btw process still goes on...

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

oh ohh he said this.

@velu @Rasgulla 

@Shunya @sscomp32

Only if old coaches would have put sachin in that process.. Maybe he would have played for the team instead of his milestones:((