Time is running out for KL Rahul

Gollum

I think we give him Australia series or half of it . Just hoping he turns up good. Even kohli failed on first england tour. Jennings get so many chances on home pitches . We need to be patient . Or at least first two tests in Australia.  No point in having musical chairs. Vijay is gone. Dhawan gets few more before he gets booted out . So shaw will replace dhawan. 

As for rahul, we will need to see if he is a rohit/kohli in making and take a call. If its rohit then he gets banished from tests. Let's hope we unearth the next kohli and get lucky.

57 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

I think we give him Australia series or half of it . Just hoping he turns up good. Even kohli failed on first england tour. Jennings get so many chances on home pitches . We need to be patient . Or at least first two tests in Australia.  No point in having musical chairs. Vijay is gone. Dhawan gets few more before he gets booted out . So shaw will replace dhawan. 

As for rahul, we will need to see if he is a rohit/kohli in making and take a call. If its rohit then he gets banished from tests. Let's hope we unearth the next kohli and get lucky.

Dhawan will not go.

He will make merry in the home series and stay on.

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

And if Shaw failed you move to another, why being so impatient with younger guys. What is it opinion on dhwan. How he is better than Rahul,just because he scored 5-10 extra run he seems better to u.

Rahul is young so cannot be dropped ,Rahane is VC so cannot be dropped, they are playing with 5 batsmen. Pandya is all rounder so cannot be dropped.So who will bat for this team.

When playing with 5 batsmen and a very long tail , there is no scope for giving extended run  or carrying passengers.Bowlers are working their butts off in keeping this team in contests. We should have won SA series and also leading this one but for these inept batsmen.

Rahane and Rahul have done nothing for last two series.Rahul is getting out in similar way , it means bowlers have found his weakness and it is upto to him to come with answers.You cannot expect team to be one batsmen show and compete.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Distraught, my 2nd favorite batsman has let me down big time. On this type of track he could have made a name for himself.

Do not worry. There are three innings to correct himself. Even if he fails, there are easier series coming where he can stabilize his position with some good performances. Remember, he has his shot in this Australian tour. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Distraught, my 2nd favorite batsman Rahul has let me down big time. On this type of track he could have made a name for himself.

Personally I don't think he is an opener , at this stage of career would be more suited to bat 5 and move to 3 when Pujara finishes. 

It's too early to call him for Test cricket in a quick time based on shorter format performances where this guy is yet to mature and to deliver patient inning. He is still not settled and mentally he is still in ODIs. Poor shot selection made him worst. This guy is asset for India and selection committee is responsible for calling him early as Pant. Both are fail in Test. These guys needs to play patient innings and choose right ball to play. :cantstop:

Big disappointment so far ...And we cannot blame even the team management. They gave him enough chances .Badly wish he played a good 2nd  inns  so that team have any chance of chasing down set target. Lot depends of him and Dhawan and both of them has been hugely off the mark till now.

Just now, putrevus said:

You are right,he is too loose for a opener. 

yes he is.

No matter what the result in this test I would play Shaw  in next test . . It's at the Oval the best batting strip in England , he is a natural opener, it gives him experience of atmosphere, then tests in India against West Indies to score some runs ready for Australia. 

Rahul and Kohli' at 4 and 5 give two stroke makers for an older ball