Virat Kohli makes emotional appeal to Indian cricket fans

Gollum

Pure PR crap. He knows his advertisers will desert him if team does shyte.

With his back problem dunno if he will be among runs . It's going to be worse going forward and he knows it. Its like seeking Anticipatory bail.

Nobody tried and its for lack of efforts that fans are decrying them. 5 day holidays ,Copenhagen vacation, truncated practice match, zero intent. Public know about it.

With indian media remaining shut and English media asking tough questions the fans have also started questioning.  

Kohli walk the talk on the field and then ask us fans to calm down. When the attitude is like Bollywood heroes expect the brickbats. 

Kohli is no Sunil Chettri LMAOO.
even that guy is managed by Bunty but he's a real nice guy who is focused on his game at the end of the day.

Already people consider Kohli as a dictator who is more into Bollywood fame and the leaked stories of Aaj Tak doesn't help either.
It's gonna be even worse than the Greg Chapell era and If they don't handle it properly, the end of Indian Cricket will be here soon.
If you don't trust your Own teammates and always think about what if they supersede you in game, cut practice sessions and then think That " Uhh , XYZ cricket expert ne recommend kya hai toh Kuldeep/Dhawan/ Pant ko team mein leke game jitunga?"
Hai hai.
And let's not clamber for youngsters either.
Bewda-Brat ke regime mein all these Siraj , Pant, Prithvis will be Ishant, Kartik and Rahane after 3-4 matches.
We need to change the mentality and the ecosystem.
When India can't even dominate a game properly where their organization holds absolute power, most nations don't give a phuck about it while the other nations who care aren't priviledged enough , WTF will happen to other sports?
Boohahaha

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He had an opportunity to build a nucleus that will go the extra distance. There is a clear lack of vision. He should have just adopted Dhoni's method "Yes we are aware we can't play swing. It is what it is" lol

If he is such a brilliant captain who is stopping him from building a new team neither he has done that in Test matches or in ODI’s or even in T20’s all he has done is calling up washed up has been’s like Raina,Yuvraj a no hoper Rahane but hey lets blame Dhoni for that as well.

Just now, Switchblade said:

If he is such a brilliant captain who is stopping him from building a new team neither he has done that in Test matches or in ODI’s or even in T20’s all he has done is calling up washed up has been’s like Raina,Yuvraj a no hoper Rahane but hey lets blame Dhoni for that as well.

Yes he wasted the opportunity. You need a core unit that back you to the hilt. Sounds like no players is willing to step up for Kohli. He has to do the job himself.

25 minutes ago, velu said:

ahhh .. we saw that 2/3 days back 

You are only allowed to criticise Dhoni bro in comparison to Virat just that when Virat the batsman is compared with Sachin then it’s fine to point out the flaws in Virat but please don’t say a bad word about Virat when compared to Dhoni.

After someone became captain last year a statement made by him was Aggressive Brand of Cricket Is Not India’s Style Of Play  must be Dhoni tutoring him I guess :sad_smile:

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes he wasted the opportunity. You need a core unit that back you to the hilt. Sounds like no players is willing to step up for Kohli. He has to do the job himself.

Unfortunately the mess BCCI is in wish that someone brings Kohli down to earth or reduces his power yes he’s better than MS we are at least fighting but the selections and strategies are seriously flawed.Plus quite honestly he doesn’t look like someone who can build a team with youngsters.

11 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Unfortunately the mess BCCI is in wish that someone brings Kohli down to earth or reduces his power yes he’s better than MS we are at least fighting but the selections and strategies are seriously flawed.Plus quite honestly he doesn’t look like someone who can build a team with youngsters.

Kohli needs to be just as a batsman in the team. Just like Sachin was. He has proved that he cant be trusted with power. 

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:
Problem is that Kohli has lost that trust.

Earlier I used to think only these forum nerds and people too much active on social media talk about these so called conspiracy theories and PR stuff, but it seems it's very common understanding among people that Kohli does lot of things for PR.

Dude true.
There is a reason I comment a lot on PR perspectives when it comes to Kohli's team management is because Kohli is indeed very Bollywood/media driven, even more than Dhoni.

Now , please don't beat me up for saying this(Whatever I will be writing over here).

My sample size may Be very small, but what I have seen is that Most people don't think highly of Kohli despite him being a very competent batsman.
Yep, even during his peak time 2012-2017 when Kohli Euphoria was at an all time high.
There has always been this slight undercurrent in public perception that Virat Kohli is a fame hungry Bollywood wannabe and an egoistic spoiled brat.
I guess everything was okay until Dhoni was the LoI captain
Nobody really gives a real * about test cricket nowadays lmaooo-craze of that format in India died with the death with the Retirement of Master Blaster.
Kohli came under increased scrutiny after the Kumble spat and Champions Trophy debacle-and since then, his fame has only gotten downhill.
Tried to repair the damage with Anushka, which worked for sometimes.
Then, instead of becoming the unbeatable Cricket-Bollywood couple , both of them became even more unlikable by the general public.
While Anu has always been the repulsive pretentious ****even before VK happened to her-but after that marriage, her public perception seems to have just nosedived towards Mariana Trench depth .
Anu was well liked by most of the people I know before the marriage as a person- now they just hate her.
And TBH, now I feel genuinely feel people just need another chance to bash Kohli - that's where their passion lies in.
Nowadays, Kohli's successes often get marred by one wrong stuff committed by him.
A guy like Dhoni is still living off the last ball 6 glory in WC11 - and Kohli's test century in Edgbaston is immediately forgotten in favour of bashing him for the loss and photo op with Anushka.
It definitely makes you think since when the tables turned on him and the *ing captain of The Indian Cricket team went on to be called a Panauti and getting blamed for bad performance of football teams to the point that his fans had to point out and beg that He has won a LoI series in England as a captain?
And it honestly seems like People are more concentrated on bashing Kohli the Captain than Praising Kohli the Batsman.
Here I think Sachin did it right.
He realised he's being a bad captain and its better to become history as a good batsman than take responsibility and suck to the core
We all know he had been a crap captain - but people who always accept their flaws are liked by people.
People appreciated when Sachin stepped down because he didn't do well with responsibility
Yes, he might be coward but it's sometimes better to give something up when you're not good in it.

Tactical genius and street smartness aside, Dhoni is just the more clever version of Kohli.
He had Srini Mamu while Kohli has the entire CoA mechanism backing him.

However, one thing that Dhoni has achieved while Kohli has absolutely failed in-gaining the public's trust and capturing their emotions.
True, loads initially disliked him as long because of his Bollywood proximity and Long hair Glamour Bullshit
But he managed to give that back with clever Image management and efficient PR.
He managed to keep his inflated ego behind that "cute" smile and nice behaviour.
He's also much better man manager and media manipulator.
We KNOW how Dhoni threw out Mohinder Amarnath from selection committee and did other various types of **** including partiality and all these crimes that Kohli is being accused of.
But they didn't reach to the normal Casual fans.
People still like Dhoni and believe he's shadow captaining our LoI team.
Whereas, in Kohli's case, everything is out in the open and sharks are waiting at the tiniest of opportunities to tear apart Kohli.
I completely believe Dhoni had everything to do with Kumble's impeachment - because at the end of the day, Dhoni is the only guy Kohli listens to.
But do we hear about his involvement?
No, the blame is fully on Kohli.
And despite the wins he managed, nobody is gonna ever forgive him for that.
Even if they win the Asia Cup (though I feel at the end of the day, Pakistan will beat India to crap at the final and take the cup at their home), people gonna bash Kohli 2 days after the win.

Look, Kohli and Gang are not interested in playing cricket.
If they want, they can Make the entire bunch play and practise properly.
I fully believe for all their showboating, Hardik , Rahul, etc won't protest if they are forced to practice and play well.
But they get a leeway because Bewda and Brat needs this vacation
Kohli can do any sort of dramas on Social Media - but it's hard to repair your image, especially when it sounds too fake like this.
People have started to understand that Kohli (and other cricketers as whole) are more into being in close proximity to Bollywood, make social statements and becoming a "youth icon" and "brand ambassadors" than doing their job ie playing cricket.
Kohli is clearly more interested in imparting moral science lessons to "misguided youths" while doing the most immoral things as a captain.
And now that Aaj Tak is firmly behind Kohli and Co, things already gonna be downhill for the gang from now on.

I get that Kohli is trying to get the public trust back by making a whole lot of changes including fielding players that gets the most appeal in social media-but he's not improving a bit upon the most fundamental issue, that is lack of proper coaching.

Now whatever he does, people are not really willing to trust him.
He's not even doing well in the ad market despite Bunty's full efforts
With more effervescent and "genuine" persons like ranveer and varun gaining prominence, "fake PR Packaged maal with fake accent" Kohli has absolutely failed to establish a mass connect.
It's only going to be worse for him-and looks like he's more interested in short time appeasement over real improvement.

Edited by beetle
Virat is a passionate guy so not surprised to see him reaching out to fans  but what turn of event.  Few month back he was appealing fans to back Indian football team, wonder if chhetri will come to his rescue ?
He's not passionate.
Once upon a time, he was definitely a genuine passionate Delhi dude trying to make it big as a cricketer.
But he's now a fake PR bot trying to make people like him.

Also , the situation has reached a point where you need just another excuse to Bully the heck out of Virushka

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He's not passionate.
Once upon a time, he was definitely a genuine passionate Delhi dude trying to make it big as a cricketer.
But he's now a fake PR bot trying to make people like him.

Also , the situation has reached a point where you need just another excuse to Bully the heck out of Virushka

Come on buddy, sure the manner of loss was bad and you may disagree with his decision making but lets not drag his wife into it.