First 5-fer for Pandya

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

Full marks for digging deep and summoning that extra pace. Impressive player.

Now discard Shardul and bring in Rajpoot and Siraj as replacement. Then we'd have the quickest overall attack.

Rajpoot could have been great here swinging the ball as he does.

10 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

I like Shami but his fitness looks dodgy going forward. Rajpoot would be his worthy replacement.

Rajpoot is far more consistent and gets bounce. Shami can be quicker but Rajpoot is quick enough and his accuracy compensates for a few Ks.

5 wickets in 29 balls. Imagine if Ashwin was fit, he might not got the ball as early as he did today. This has been the problem people talk about not getting wickets but they don't see he barely gets to bowl when ball is still hard and doing something. He got today after Ashwin was unavailable after lunch.

Edited by rkt.india
15 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

His off-field flashiness probably irks people.

Thats what irks me 

He is young and he wud be into fashion like others of his age. I never understood how does tattoo,  clothes, hairstyle affect someone perfomance. 

Kohli was told same in earlier days

I remeber once Aakash chopra telling this that they told young dhoni on A-tour that "ye sab hairstyle Indian cricket men nhin chalenge"

Most ppl act like those oldies who have nothing to do but jst to give advice.....

As kohli once said it , dnt watch players tattoo's watch his perfomance. 

Tremendous self-belief. He gets a lot of unfair flack for no fault. You can't ever complain about his effort. Dada....you witnessed it first hand in the CT 2017 final. Only guy who kept trying. 

His off-field flashiness probably irks people.

Agree... also, there’s a general hate towards Gujjus... I don’t know why? Could be because of Modi or Jaddu or them being mostly successful as entrepreneurs/businessmen.

In my case, I’ve said nasty things of him being Gujju and MI being a Gujju promoting team... I can’t say about others. I think there’s but if Gujju hate does goes around...

That aside, both the brothers are talented and I’m sure both will do well for team India in various formats, in future...
5 hours ago, zen said:

what a journey for the young cricketer .... unnecessarily hated for his swag, criticized despite performing well relatively .... the guy is one of the most well behaved cricketers on the field and looks to punch above his weight while bringing the never say die spirit to the team 

In his short test career, has hit 1 100, along with other 50+ scores, and picked up a 5-fer, along with a couple of 3 wkts hauls .... In terms of bowling, bowled only 10 overs in the first test, was the 2nd best bowler in the 2nd test, and now the best bowler in this test .... in batting, it was good to see him try to play as per the situation, leave balls, take blows on the body, etc. .... he is a constantly improving cricketer atm! 

Now we might hear "see see I told  you the blue hair and bling was the problem. Sanskaari haircut equals sanskaari bowling."