CSK Fan

Who overstayed their welcome more  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who stayed long after their sell by date

T20s

Sachin - Retired 5 years too early 

Dhoni - Already overstayed 8 years 

Tests -

You can argue Sachin stayed an year extra but even when he played he had some really good innings like the one at MCG in 2012.

Dhoni - I think he retired at the right time although he should have given up captaincy earlier.

ODIS

After WC 2011 where Sachin was the highest scorer, he only played 10 Odis out of the 29 Odis India played until his retirement. He never looked that bad.

Dhoni on the other hand is playing innings like playing 100 balls without scoring a boundary. He's struggling against spinners. Last match, he hit 3 good boundaries. But apart from that he didn't do anything. Couldn't rotate strike. If he plays the world cup and if he's anywhere near the middle order, we will be in trouble.

10 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

T20s

Sachin - Retired 5 years too early 

Dhoni - Already overstayed 8 years 

Tests -

You can argue Sachin stayed an year extra but even when he played he had some really good innings like the one at MCG in 2012.

Dhoni - I think he retired at the right time although he should have given up captaincy earlier.

ODIS

After WC 2011 where Sachin was the highest scorer, he only played 10 Odis out of the 29 Odis India played until his retirement. He never looked that bad.

Dhoni on the other hand is playing innings like playing 100 balls without scoring a boundary. He's struggling against spinners. Last match, he hit 3 good boundaries. But apart from that he didn't do anything. Couldn't rotate strike. If he plays the world cup and if he's anywhere near the middle order, we will be in trouble.

Yaar, Dhoni should have retired from overseas tests after his debut test. The only saving grace for MSD, India historically had duds as WK/batsmen and overseas batsmen full stop and helped him to be viewed as 'revolutionary' and appropriate standard. Had MSD followed the Pant, Kishan or Sanju era....he wouldn't even be in line for selection. They guy is severely lacking in the fundamentals of how to play overseas test cricket..his knocks in Australia and other bowler friendly conditions were particularly painful to watch. 

Edited by mancalledsting
28 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Yaar, Dhoni should have retired from overseas tests after his debut test. The only saving grace for MSD, India historically had duds as WK/batsmen and overseas batsmen full stop and helped him to be viewed as 'revolutionary' and appropriate standard. Had MSD followed the Pant, Kishan or Sanju era....he wouldn't even be in line for selection. They guy is severely lacking in the fundamentals of how to play overseas test cricket..his knocks in Australia and other bowler friendly conditions were particularly painful to watch. 

dhoni did better than sachin in the last england when they played together

1 hour ago, velu said:

my personal opinion about your personal opinion is that you are lying..

you would happily watch sachin play without even blinking  now

Not really. Unlike you i dont say things just to troll. I am really a fan of sachin and indian cricket. You just pretended to be a dhoni fan to troll and now are caught in a sunk cost fallacy. Kinda like when you friends keep teasing you about some girl and then over a period of time you start actually developing feelings for her

36 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Not really. Unlike you i dont say things just to troll. I am really a fan of sachin and indian cricket. You just pretended to be a dhoni fan to troll and now are caught in a sunk cost fallacy. Kinda like when you friends keep teasing you about some girl and then over a period of time you start actually developing feelings for her

fan of sachin .. agree 

fan of indian cricket .. highly doubtful 

Discussing this is like "picking your poison" :lol:

Sachin

• Sachin could have retired at the end of 2011 max. The pursuit for the 100th 100 and 200th test were unwarranted (Knowing how Sachin "works", I had predicted a long time ago that he would not retire before playing his 200th test)
  • Sachin test avg in 2012-2013 period is 28. In 2012, his avg in ODIs was 27 

Dhoni, his WK still adds some value but he has already passed the max time allowed. Could have retired after CT2017. Also his presence appears to encourage the selections of trundlers in ODIs  

• Avg in ODIs in 2018 is 28 
  • Dhoni since Oct 01, 2017
Records type batting analysis [change type]
View innings by innings list [change view]
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Oct 2017 remove greater than or equal to 1 Oct 2017 from query
Ordered by start date (ascending)
dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Career averages
  Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
unfiltered 327 278 78 10123 183* 50.61 11523 87.85 10 67 9 782 217 Profile
filtered 22 15 3 365 65 30.41 506 72.13 0 1 1 35 4

This one is a tie! .... and such trends are not good for Ind cricket :no:

Edited by zen

Sachin could have left test cricket after 2012 aus series debacle (followed by eng) but dravid laxman also retired after that. 

In ODIs WC 2011 was the perfect time to retire but he overstayed for just 10 matches...its forgivable. He scored 48 ball 52 in a 330 chase in his last match.

For current dhoni it will be like dream come true.