Save Sabrimala

Number

On 10/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, beetle said:

What impact will it have?

Not talking about the two crazies( they did most to derail the process.Not their religion,not their problem)...

Just in general . What impact does it have if a woman between 10-50 does reach the temple ?

Earthquakes, lightening thunder,will the temple cease to exist.

Let the  god punish the women who enter instead of behaving like gundaas and gundees pulling women out of cars and dragging them and threatening for wanting to worship.

Frankly I do not understand why any sane woman would want to worship such an insecure god....but to each his own.

People's right to do the ' legally ' allowed actions are far better than the illegal actions of mobs.

The women pulling other woman out of cars shows how women are the biggest enemy of other women.

God must be so happy seeing his lunatic age appropriate non menstruating bhakts act like  thugs .

Such rubbish. So those protesting against are now insecure, thugs. And insecure gods? You can keep your childish rants out of here..

And also the same can asked what do women(10-50) gain by entering temple? They are only destoying the significant religious tradition hurting many devotees testiments. We see already how the 2 leading women are only just using it to insult hindiusm. 

12 hours ago, beetle said:

That is the problem with us.

Call women strong and Goddess like and justify the unfairness meted to them....because we called them strong ,they can deal with it.

Ram gave Ravana many chances ...but didn't give the same chance to Sita even after making her go through agni pariksha. It is like a teacher failing a brilliant student who passed...just so that some loser can feel better.

There is nothing fair about that  as a king,husband or even as a human.

That definition of abandon seems to fit the situation .

We all know that in human birth it is very easy to get afflicted. That is the nature of human birth. We all know that a doubt crossed his mind once when people were speaking about it. Because he had a doubt, he knew that he had committed wrong by allowing to digress into that thought. 

It was not Shri Sita's fault. She was pure and he knew she was. But because he was maryada purushottam, he realized his mistake but it was irreversible because now his love for Shri Sita was aflicted. That is the only reason. He was god himself and he could have easily renounced his human body to get out of pain but he decided to stay alive until his purpose is server. We probably dont know what that pain must have been. 

Beetleji could you tone down a bit with all that is going on at least on this subject. It is a sensitive subject. I know someone clinging on your lead always crosses boundary. I am a tolerant and I respect everyones views. Just a humble request. No big deal.

4 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

We all know that in human birth it is very easy to get afflicted. That is the nature of human birth. We all know that a doubt crossed his mind once when people were speaking about it. Because he had a doubt, he knew that he had committed wrong by allowing to digress into that thought. 

It was not Shri Sita's fault. She was pure and he knew she was. But because he was maryada purushottam, he realized his mistake but it was irreversible because now his love for Shri Sita was aflicted. That is the only reason. He was god himself and he could have easily renounced his human body to get out of pain but he decided to stay alive until his purpose is server. We probably dont know what that pain must have been. 

Beetleji could you tone down a bit with all that is going on at least on this subject. It is a sensitive subject. I know someone clinging on your lead always crosses boundary. I am a tolerant and I respect everyones views. Just a humble request. No big deal.

It is a fairly civil discussion.

We should either not have religion discussed on the forum or have an open discussion.

What is the use of everyone  having same views ?That will make it a satsang not a discussion.

Anyways ...I am tired of my rants too so will end discussion  from my end.

The problem with Atheists who work in close nexus with ChrislamoFeminazi groups to deride Hindu gods and religion, is applying the subtexts of smrithis to modern days ethics. 

For e.g., If the sanskrit text written by Valmiki says - Rama's coronation was celebrated by a sacrifice of 500 horses, these neo-colonialists would proclaim Rama as a Animal RIght's violator. 

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The problem with Atheists who work in close nexus with ChrislamoFeminazi groups to deride Hindu gods and religion, is applying the subtexts of smrithis to modern days ethics. 

Err what about atheists who target all religions equally, then ?

Your dig against me is hillarious, since i am on record having said far worse things about Islam than hinduism. Doesn't mean i am going to ignore the nonsense that comes from hindu religion either. 

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

For e.g., If the sanskrit text written by Valmiki says - Rama's coronation was celebrated by a sacrifice of 500 horses, these neo-colonialists would proclaim Rama as a Animal RIght's violator. 

And that would be a legitimate criticism for a so-called God-avatar, who's benchmark for conduct HAS to be far higher than the highest human. Otherwise what the heck is the point of worshipping him as God-avatar, if he cannot meet the standards required ?

49 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If you recall, one of the ways the west kept control over its colonies was to showcase the supremacy of their culture, and deride local culture and religions. Some of us are still in that hangover and try to undermine our culture, religion and traditions  

:lol:  .... And that has got to do with the limited intelligence of judging and equating God with humans (if humans can't do this, then how can God). When God is said to have no form. When he is trying to be with humans, he takes a human avatar. To be with other animals, he may take a different avatar .... When he takes human avatar, he suffers in some ways like other humans to show us how to endure suffering

Now if we go to Ramayana, Ravan is said to have abducted Sita as in the end he wanted to be killed by a God as it would lead him to heaven. For the devotees, the 500 horses would have been lucky enough to be served as a sacrifice for Ram, serving a much higher purpose (as per various religious beliefs, we are on this planet to suffer) 

PS Some empty vessel can say that "oh then I can kill a horse too and send him to heaven" as he has the power to send anyone to heaven, while equating his action w/ God's  (and therefore infuse comic elements to such discussions) :hehe:

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

If you recall, one of the ways the west kept control over its colonies was to showcase the supremacy of their culture, and deride local culture and religions. Some of us are still in that hangover  

No, some of us know our own history better than the sanskaari hindus - we've had the greatest # of atheist population in the world for thousands of years till the arrival of Islam and we won't let ignorant hindus trying to appeal to nationalism to silence this simple fact. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

:lol:  .... And that has got to do with the limited intelligence of judging and equating God with humans (if humans can't do this, then how can God). When God is said to have no form. When he is trying to be with humans, he takes a human avatar. With other animals, he may take a different avatar .... When he takes human avatar, he suffers in some ways like other humans too to show us how to endure suffering

And when in human form, he acts like a shitty human, we call it out as acting like a shitty human. Simple. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Now if we go to Ramayana, Ravan is said to have abducted Sita as in the end he wanted to be killed by a God as it would lead you to heaven. For the devotees, the 500 horses would have been lucky enough to be served as a sacrifice for Ram, serving a much higher purpose 

Sorry, but until you can prove you nonsensical claims, its just knee-jerk justification for mindless slaughter. Our ancestors were the first to ban mindless animal slaughter as well. 

19 hours ago, zen said:

Atheists = empty vessels .... good for comedy though :lol: 

one of my cousin use to annoy everyone with his atheist lectures ..

he bought a car and first thing he did was, he took his car to temple for a pooja..

later he tried convincing us that his parents wont be happy if he skipped pooja for his new car :rotfl: 

Edited by velu

On 10/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, Muloghonto said:

No, some of us know our own history better than the sanskaari hindus - we've had the greatest # of atheist population in the world for thousands of years till the arrival of Islam and we won't let ignorant hindus trying to appeal to nationalism to silence this simple fact. 

:laugh1: Anyone not agreeing to your version of history is ignorant. Some mission you are on. Best of luck. :laugh: 

28 minutes ago, Pollack said:

:laugh1: Anyone not agreeing to your version of history is ignorant. Some mission you are on. Best of luck. :laugh: 

Err, outside of a few scholars here and there, virtually everyone is ignorant on Indian history - the Hinduvtas themselves bring this up when it suits them.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Err, outside of a few scholars here and there, virtually everyone is ignorant on Indian history - the Hinduvtas themselves bring this up when it suits them.

:popcorn:

On 10/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, coffee_rules said:

I went to this #SaveSabarimala event in NJ, There will be some small media rubble on this, a small contribution to this massive social event. 

I have seen the Malayali and Hindu community in many places have such events from Twitter. Even Hindus in Bangladesh were protesting! Especially it seems to be gaining more and more leverage in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh now as well! The CM of Kerala has now starting naming one of the saints as Telugu to try to fan regional flames and turn it into a Malayali vs Telugu issue.

I didn't know about this temple and its traditions until this controversy only but it seems so many like me in Maharashtra are also awakening to this issue. 

I think a lot of North Indian temples have lost their diverse traditions during foreign occupation, while the South was more preserved and has more of the diversity of practices within Hinduism. I think this leads to the ignorance of many North Indians on this subject. 

Edited by Moochad

I was watching this debate on TV, where this  woman was going crazy about the whole Sabarimala debate.

So this guy who was on the panel asks her. Have you been to Tirupati,Kedarnath,Badrinath,Haridwar,Vaishno Devi,Madurai,Shirdi,Mathura,Varnaasi,etc - She says only 2-3 of those places.

So the guy says girls below 10 years of age and women over 50 are allowed at sabarimala anyways even before the verdict, so he tells her why don't you go cover all these other places of worship in the meantime and by then since she will turn 50 by the time she completes all these other yatras she can visit Sabarimala without any issues :laugh:

Totally owned

This guy is my hero

40 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I was watching this debate on TV, where this  woman was going crazy about the whole Sabarimala debate.

So this guy who was on the panel asks her. Have you been to Tirupati,Kedarnath,Badrinath,Haridwar,Vaishno Devi,Madurai,Shirdi,Mathura,Varnaasi,etc - She says only 2-3 of those places.

So the guy says girls below 10 years of age and women over 50 are allowed at sabarimala anyways even before the verdict, so he tells her why don't you go cover all these other places of worship in the meantime and by then since she will turn 50 by the time she completes all these other yatras she can visit Sabarimala without any issues :laugh:

Totally owned

This guy is my hero

Any links plz., would love to watch it.

6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Totally owned

This guy is my hero

i think you might have seen this tamil actress sripriay ( acted in movies like billa in 1980s ) ..

in one live debate she said that she is welcoming the sabarimalai verdict and she will visit sabarimala soon ..

other guy replied that , "restrictions are there only for the age group 10-50.. you are 60++ and they have no issues if you enter the temple " :rotfl:  

popular meme now   

21001351.cms

Edited by velu