For the love of God, Pant has to perform in LOIs

SK_IH

5 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

Guy helps win match with a 50 (incidentally when did Dhoni hit is first 50) and who do you talk about 

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/india-vs-west-indies-rohit-sharma-rues-ms-dhonis-absence-from-t20i-team-1945967?pfrom=home-topstories

This guy Rohit is doing everything to destroy Pant so that the shameless guy can come back. Must be wanting his backing for captaincy support for himself.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

This guy Rohit is doing everything to destroy Pant so that the shameless guy can come back. Must be wanting his backing for captaincy support for himself.

How Dhoni at 38 is coming back when it was mentioned that he is not in the scheme of things for t20?At the age of 40 he ain’t playing in Australia in two years time as of now I see Dk and Pant being in the squad.Rohit as skipper is much better than Virat as far backing youngsters is concerned you think if Kohli was there he would have played Pant after his two failures here I give Rohit credit as he continued woth Pant.Time is up for Dhoni in t20 yar ab wo nahi aiga and I believe it’s goodbye after 2019 for him though should have happened 3 years back.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Lol yeah if he had to destroy he would have dropped him after his two failures. Would have never promoted him at #3 but yeah you will only look at negatives. Do you think Kohli the captain would have allowed pant to bat at #3? Also what has pant done yesterday? The way he plays in t20 format he looks complete hack. I know there is time for him to improve but come on pant even on his day doesn't give you guarantee that he will win you match. Talking about his keeping neither him nor Dk will be doing it for 2019 Worldcup. Dk might give you better idea for DRS reviews which was seen in Nidhas Trophy and in this series. Pant is keeping already in Tests so there is no need to put alot burden on him for no reason. I bet if Virat was captain team would have been changed with some players getting dropped and picked for no real reason.

The way Manjrekar went after Pant when he was hitting those 6s effortlessly was so pathetic. The guy is 21 and in a tough chase was doing things which Dhoni failed to do in multiple T20 chases.

Pant became a differet Test batsman after his first Test 100 vs ENgland, Hopefully this 50 will do the same for his shorter format career. A couple of 50s vs Aus and he could well be on his way to the 2019 WC.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:51 PM, beetle said:

You cannot be more wrong. Rohit backs Pant and most youngsters. He is in neither dhoni nor Kohli camp. Infact he has his own camp and when the chips are down for Kohli he might sell himself as an alternative captain a bit more which is fair. 

To be honest Pant’s 50 in the final T20 was a total ugly hack fest. Sure this is what is needed in the T20 format and is a huge upgrade over Dhoni’s lunges.

However, I have seen hitters like Rohit,Gayle,Lewis,Munro,Russell,ABDV and most T20 hitters even in the past  when they are in the zone, it looks like every ball is going to be a guaranteed 6 or 4. Even someone like Kohli who is not a 6 hitter almost finds the 4 with ease when he is in magic form.

Originally Manjrekar’s constant criticism was really irritating so

much so that even guys like Siva and Darren Ganga asked him to loosen up with his criticism but eventually even they said that Pant should ease up a little .Pant’s innings just looked like blind ugly hoicks that when he was connecting it came off, Rest were lucky enough to land safely or he was lucky to get a life due to pathetic WI fielders.

Trust me I am a big Pant Fan and not a big Dhoni fan :) but I have a feeling once Dhoni is out of the picture ICF will turn on Pant sooner than you think( that is inevitable :laugh: but it will just happen sooner) 

Pant is a clean hitter of the ball but there is nothing calculative or no real grace in his hitting. I have my doubts on how he will perform in Australia or even in Odi cricket given his List A stats.

He needs to find a balance between his current approach and becoming a total consolidatir

like Dhoni. Right now he is at the other extreme.

Edited by Global.Baba
15 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

To be honest Pant’s 50 in the final T20 was a total ugly hack fest. Sure this is what is needed in the T20 format and is a huge upgrade over Dhoni’s lunges.

However, I have seen hitters like Rohit,Gayle,Lewis,Munro,Russell,ABDV and most T20 hitters even in the past  when they are in the zone, it looks like every ball is going to be a guaranteed 6 or 4. Even someone like Kohli who is not a 6 hitter almost finds the 4 with ease when he is in magic form.

much so that even guys like Siva and Darren Ganga asked him to loosen up with his criticism but eventually even they said that Pant should ease up a little .Pant’s innings just looked like blind ugly hoicks that when he was connecting it came off, Rest were lucky enough to land safely or he was lucky to get a life due to pathetic WI fielders.

Trust me I am a big Pant Fan and not a big Dhoni fan :) but I have a feeling once Dhoni is out of the picture ICF will turn on Pant sooner than you think( that is inevitable :laugh: but it will just happen sooner) 

Pant is a clean hitter of the ball but there is nothing calculative or no real grace in his hitting. I have my doubts on how he will perform in Australia or even in Odi cricket given his List A stats.

He needs to find a balance between his current approach and becoming a total consolidatir

Brendon Mccullum

Edited by mishra
9 minutes ago, mishra said:

Brendon Mccullum

Brendon Mccullum is another name I should have added to the guys who look convincing when they are in the zone. 

Pant is no where close.

Mccullum plays ferocious cuts and pulls and perfectly times everything.

Anyways there is hope for Pant because I loved his innings on the final test which was the calculative hitting I am talking about but he overdoes it in LOIs where we need him a lot more. 

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Brendon Mccullum is another name I should have added to the guys who look convincing when they are in the zone. 

Pant is no where close.

Mccullum plays ferocious cuts and pulls and perfectly times everything.

Anyways there is hope for Pant because I loved his innings on the final test which was the calculative hitting I am talking about but he overdoes it in LOIs where we need him a lot more. 

I agree he comes across as a hack in execution of shots but when he is in the zone he is like what Hetmyer was in last series and he hits on off side as well, in last IPL there were many examples of his clean hitting

Edited by SK_IH
1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

I agree he comes across as a hack in execution of shots but when he is in the zone he is like what Hetmyer was in last series and he hits on off side as well, in last IPL there were many examples of his clean hitting

There is no doubt about his hitting or his ability. I mean it is ok if he was playing like that in the final over of an innings or if the RRR was way out of reach. He was just blindly hacking every ball.

As I said got a measure of Pants ability in the final test as an aggressive batsman and a clean striker but that should not translate into a hack who blindly swings every ball just because it is the shorter format. 

There is absolutely no temparament or calculation displayed. Almost like Sehwag in his final days as a LOI player.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

There is no doubt about his hitting or his ability. I mean it is ok if he was playing like that in the final over of an innings or if the RRR was way out of reach. He was just blindly hacking every ball.

As I said got a measure of Pants ability in the final test as an aggressive batsman and a clean striker but that should not translate into a hack who blindly swings every ball just because it is the shorter format. 

There is absolutely no temparament or calculation displayed. Almost like Sehwag in his final days as a LOI player.

May be you are reading too much into his T20 mindset, but that's how T20s have to be played, not everyone can play with calculation or percentage cricket.There had to be some free wheeling batsman.

Dhoni has wasted close to 10 years on how to play T20 cricket and came up with " may be I use too much brains in this format" in 2015. I believe T20s is mainly about six hitting, which this guy is capable of 

Mind you, in last T20 he started more cautiously and smartly than previous 2 matches.In ODIs , I hope he is more calculative but it's ok for T20s

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

May be you are reading too much into his T20 mindset, but that's how T20s have to be played, not everyone can play with calculation or percentage cricket.There had to be some free wheeling batsman.

Dhoni has wasted close to 10 years on how to play T20 cricket and came up with " may be I use too much brains in this format" in 2015. I believe T20s is mainly about six hitting, which this guy is capable of 

Mind you, in last T20 he started more cautiously and smartly than previous 2 matches.In ODIs , I hope he is more calculative but it's ok for T20s

Fair enough 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, Nikola said:

Lol yeah if he had to destroy he would have dropped him after his two failures. Would have never promoted him at #3 but yeah you will only look at negatives. Do you think Kohli the captain would have allowed pant to bat at #3? Also what has pant done yesterday? The way he plays in t20 format he looks complete hack. I know there is time for him to improve but come on pant even on his day doesn't give you guarantee that he will win you match. Talking about his keeping neither him nor Dk will be doing it for 2019 Worldcup. Dk might give you better idea for DRS reviews which was seen in Nidhas Trophy and in this series. Pant is keeping already in Tests so there is no need to put alot burden on him for no reason. I bet if Virat was captain team would have been changed with some players getting dropped and picked for no real reason.

Pant has played much better attacks in IPL than this WI attack and has thrashed them all.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

anyone who has watched Pant bat in IPL 2018 will never doubt his batting or hitting ability.

18 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Totally agree

I hate dhoni and what him out for long time so we need to move on from having a critique on pant and people rushing in saying but dhoni is worse.  Yes dhoni sucks and pant miles better, let me make that clear lol DHONI OUT!

No thats clear lets just discuss pant please

Pant last t20 and a few knocks I have seen from him are some of the ugliest knocks can see.  He also can be brainless trying to hit 6s from ball 1.  He has lots to learn.  Otherwise he will be no better then afridi. 

He must stop pre mediating and trying to hit every ball to leg side with ugly hoicks.  He can pummel ball on off sie as well if outside off.  He needs to develop a natural game not pre mediating hitting all the time, wait till ball bowled and hit in aproopraue area on tarined instinct, at the moment ball short and wide he will hoick it many times instaed of saying cutting it for 4.

Hate watching him bat sometimes, UGLY lol  Manjraeakar is a cretin but agreed with all he said in that knock on pant lol ws thinking all the same stuff lol

I repeat must be in all teams but has a loooooot to learn.

Whats this with the hate Pant is getting in this thread. With this same technique and playing style, he's scored runs in FC cricket (at an average of 50+ and a SR of 85), for India A and in IPL. Manjrekar, Laxman all experts seem to going after him as if he's been playing int'l cricket for a decade. Why do you want him to change his approach? It's like tweaking a new bowler's action for int'l cricket  and totally destroying him forever.

Let him learn from his own experience and evolve his game continuously as opposition starts to find chinks and bowl better to him. How I wish someone like Sehwag has a chat with him and tells him what Sachin told Prithvi Shaw "If anyone asks you to change your approach, ask the person to get in touch with me".

Give me an ugly 30 ball 50 every time over a beautifully crafted 30(35) from a 'classy' batsman.

Going by this thread, I fear for poor Prithvi Shaw when he goes through a few failures trying to play shots. Will get the same hate Pant is receiving here.

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Give me an ugly 30 ball 50 every time over a beautifully crafted 30(35) from a 'classy' batsman.

It's because ICF has hyped him so much that now they want him to perform in every match to find a permanent place in the team, and get disappointed when he doesn't because he didn't live up to their lofted expectations.