Indian First Class Cricket thanks you Agarwal

12 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

ON ICF they do lol

The only 2 guys in this team who might fall under that category are Pandya and Kuldeep. Both whom you are a big supporter of lol

Before RKT comes up with a random counter. All I am saying is they were not the type of FC performers that KT is talking about.

Edited by maniac
14 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

True but took years to finally turn this in to a proper schooled run machine

I want Gill to spend 1 more year in Ranji and have 1 or 2 away A tours before plays for India, will do him world of good if does and will have better idea if ready, particulary with A tours

I don’t mind Gill fast tracked in 50 overs only because the transition it might give to him. 50 overs can serve as a good transition as he can bat around players like Kohli and then take same confidence in A tours or Ranji and become even a more solid bat for his state side in Ranji and cement his place in the test squad.

Sometimes players who directly come to international cricket as a test match player find it hard to adjust even after all the runs in Ranji.

A few ODI games under their belt and only 50 games I am talking about, give them enough time to spend time in the middle and experience the aura of being around goat players and playing against and with them. 

And usually the vacancy for a batsman to play for India is more open in ODI’s than in test so if there is a vacancy, I rather have Shubman get some international experience for India in 50 overs whenever we can give him instead of him just waiting to seal test slotwhich can often be a long wait dor Ranji players.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

The only 2 guys in this team who might fall under that category are Pandya and Kuldeep. Both whom you are a big supporter of lol

Before RKT comes up with a random counter. All I am saying is they were not the type of FC performers that KT is talking about.

There are always some players who get picked without much FC performances based on need of the team and their talent.   

Just now, rkt.india said:

There are always some players who get picked without much FC performances based on need of the team and their talent.   

True but I was responding to KT who says ICF fans want IPL players while he respects and backs FC performers. While latter might be true, he is forgetting that he is a fan of players who were fast tracked as well. I forgot Ashwin who didn’t have to toil too much in domestics either and stood out during IPL even though might have impressed during the domestics.

20 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Finally the juggernaught was picked.  Piles on the runs in ranji.  Piled it on in Vijay Hazare.  Piled it on in india A and India A away tours.  For me the perfect pathway in to India team.  More must be picked if tick these boxes.

Perfect example of honing and doing bissiness in the greateest domestic tournament in the world called Ranji trophy then doing bussiness in India rep teams including India A.  Played lots in SENA, so was not new thing for him, only thing new was upgrade in class and pressure, not conditions!

Aggarwal flopped in domestic T20 syed mushtaq and total flop IPL.  I repeat total flop in IPL.  Thank god flopped IPL.  As never again want to hear that patheitc line for picking players for test team " Didnt do well in IPL so didnt impress me"! Yuck!

He also is not a kid and 27!  Hooray.  Please end facination with only picking kids who 20.  27 to 29 great age as learnt the skills and learnt how to handle themsleves.  A 28 year old can play another 6 years min, thats 2 world cups as example, what more want?

Well done Mayank.  For me opens up the door for others on domestic scence dong the bussiness and not staring in IPL (more suited to other formats and more suited to tough pitch conditions).

Ranji trophy thanks you Aggarwal

hold your horses....

let him play for few matches before giving credit to domestics and blah blah

its a super flat pitch....and his batting style suits flat pitches...

Real test will be on spicy pitches...

I have total respect for what he has done in his first test....but i have my doubts because i am following him very closely and he is someone who regularly has a brain fart and throws his wicket away...

He said he went to vippassna and fixed that mental aspect ......but time will tell....

Yes....i want him to be successful and do really well

Agarwal showed Lyon's true aukaad - any batsman who can use their feet to play him, will make him instantly ordinary. ChePu is pretty decent at playing spinners from the crease, but he is no master of using his feet against them and stepping out to mess up their lengths. This mediocre spinner would never have averaged under 50 against India team up to 2011. 

23 hours ago, gakgupta said:

hold your horses....

let him play for few matches before giving credit to domestics and blah blah

its a super flat pitch....and his batting style suits flat pitches...

Real test will be on spicy pitches...

I have total respect for what he has done in his first test....but i have my doubts because i am following him very closely and he is someone who regularly has a brain fart and throws his wicket away...

He said he went to vippassna and fixed that mental aspect ......but time will tell....

Yes....i want him to be successful and do really well

Super flat pitch, really...  Both teams struggling to score more than 2.6 runs per over. Australia are 110/6. He isn't the top class batsman or some one hyped up, but to not give credit to this innings is weird.

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Agarwal showed Lyon's true aukaad - any batsman who can use their feet to play him, will make him instantly ordinary. ChePu is pretty decent at playing spinners from the crease, but he is no master of using his feet against them and stepping out to mess up their lengths. This mediocre spinner would never have averaged under 50 against India team up to 2011. 

Lolwut? Pujara's bread and butter shot against spin is to step out and work it through the onside. Cricviz once did an analysis that showed he had an absurdly great record while stepping out of the crease. The one thing he does rarely while stepping out is actually lofting the ball. Mayank from I have seen does this naturally and can pull it off even when he doesn't quite get to the pitch of the ball.

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Lolwut? Pujara's bread and butter shot against spin is to step out and work it through the onside. Cricviz once did an analysis that showed he had an absurdly great record while stepping out of the crease. The one thing he does rarely while stepping out is actually lofting the ball. Mayank from I have seen does this naturally and can pull it off even when he doesn't quite get to the pitch of the ball.

Chepu struggles to pierce the field on onside. Maynak goes for that slog sweep or hit straight down the ground or cover drives him as well. Agarwal seems to have more range of shots for Lyon and he is attacking as well. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Yet have you seen him do it this series ? He is playing from the crease 99% of the time to Lyon. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Yet have you seen him do it this series ? He is playing from the crease 99% of the time to Lyon. 

Yes. Hit his century shot with a skip down the track. 

Pujara may not hav the most range but his credentials against spin on toughest tracks will make ATGs pale in comparison. 

Pujara is a bloody good player of spin. 

6 hours ago, gattaca said:

Chepu struggles to pierce the field on onside. Maynak goes for that slog sweep or hit straight down the ground or cover drives him as well. Agarwal seems to have more range of shots for Lyon and he is attacking as well. 

That's mostly because teams have now cottoned on to his strength and are keeping a stacked on side field. In the first few years of his career, he used to pick loads of boundaries between the mid-on and midwicket area by stepping out to spinners.