Australia are top favorites for WC19

Number

They are always good in world cups, and I know thry will do well again but the reason you suggesting isn’t the reason. Not because Warner and Smith walk in an make it stronger. Yes they will make the team better, as they are their core, but main reason is their player’s ability to field well and adjust to shorter format of the game and perform under pressure and play attacking game and no tuk-tuk during pressure situations. That is what they do better in world cups.

They will reach semis and get knocked out there to England.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

nailed it.  Eng, NZ, SA, Ind, Aus.  That's the order of favorites at the moment.  If India get  their selection and form right, they can jump to the 2nd spot quite easily, but that's easier said than done.

this order seems right to me. although it's almost a given that SA will choke at some point, and NZ are perennial bridesmaids too. I am expecting eng to be one of the SFs, and NZ & SA can probably get this far without too much difficulty. not very sure about the 4th slot given our ODI selections.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

this order seems right to me. although it's almost a given that SA will choke at some point, and NZ are perennial bridesmaids too. I am expecting eng to be one of the SFs, and NZ & SA can probably get this far without too much difficulty. not very sure about the 4th slot given our ODI selections.

SA have zero knock-out games before the semi-final - its a format that suits them quite a bit.  

Regardless of which team is considered 'favorite', I feel like its pretty much an even 25% chance for the 4 teams once they make the semis.  I don't like this aspect of the format.  A team should have to win more than 2 knock-out games to win the WC.  I do like the fact that all play all though.  Wouldn't have minded the "super6" format and squeeze in 2 more teams into the WC either.  That would have been reasonably fair.  

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

There are no knockouts this WC.  Its 9 group games and the 4 best teams go straight to Semi-final.  A format that will favor SA.  

That's right. But not much to choose between aussies and SA.. similar teams with similar strength and weakness.

8 hours ago, flamy said:

:hysterical:

People are placing Ind as 2nd faves?

Eng are clear faves. Then NZ.

If Aus become faves because of a good showing against Ind, that shows our aukaat more than Aus'

Yup this is the same team that hasn’t won’t a odi series in 2 years and they were on every wicket away from winning the series yesterday. If they had gotten karthik out early yesterday, they would have won the series unless Bhuvi played out of skin.

The order is 

Eng

Daylight

Nz

Ind

Sa/Aus

Pakistan too has an outside chance ,for they are mercurial, tournament held in England make their chances strong enough

Eng has too much firepower to reach semis atleast,infact going all the way but then come the knockouts its always about how does a team holds itself in those crunch moments,their bowling isn't too bad, they have decent spinners and the speculated inclusion of Jofra Archer strengthens their pace bowling stocks to the whole new level, don't see them choke before semis

India, no brainer,if they make right selections they can go past any team be it even Eng,if they don't they may falter even against Sl,Wi

Ind historically have been the second best team in world cups, 3 semi, 3finals and 2 wins. Underestimate ind at their own peril. All Indian players notch up their game intentionally in the world cup.thats why I am hopeful. Only hurdle would be eng in my opinion. We can ignore the 1st out because the whole team looked rusty and casual. They still looks so. The attitude would definitely change in wc. 

4 hours ago, Kannadiga said:

Their bowling pool include, 

Starc

Cummins

Hazlewood

Jhye Richardson

Jason B

Stanlake

Lyon

Adam Zampa

They are in a better position than India. 

Starc Cummins Hazelwood are not odi greats. Ind have a better bowling line up then most of the teams with full strength.

Kuldeep chahal bumrah must play together with pandya at 7. Hopefully shami/bhubi performs well like the last match. Quite a good bowling line up. The emptiness is at 4-6. Hope dhoni scores a few. I'm also hoping Kedar jadav to put up his hand. Also, don't forget virat will play like a man on a mission.

Australia is beast when it comes to WC.

I don't think Australia has fielded their full strength team in ODI after WC'15 apart from the ODI series they played in England after Ashes-2015 which they won 3-2..

Warner

Finch

Smith

Marsh

Maxwell

Carey/Handscomb

Stoinis

Cummins

Starc

Hazelwood

Zampa

This is still the best line up they can get in WC which they haven't been able to field because of injury..They have been giving debuts to rookies to Richardson,Joel Paris and Boland etc..

They don't believe in nonsense like experience or other bullshit which our TM blabber in interviews..Even during 2011-15 they did jack as far as ICC tourneys concerned be it WC'11,CT'13,WT20'14..Came 2015 and they were altogether different team..We have been beaten by almost their 2nd string team in last 2 tours and it is laughable when everyone is declaring India as favourites. 

Edited by Bigg Brother
5 hours ago, SrinjayDutta said:

Starc Cummins Hazelwood are not odi greats. Ind have a better bowling line up then most of the teams with full strength.

Starc was the top wicket taker in 2015, averages 21 in ODI cricket, Hazlewood 25 with an ER of 4.7.  This is a great bowling unit.

25 minutes ago, Number said:

Even without Hazlewood the attack looks very good.

Yeah, I wonder why they didn't pick him. They could have been a dominant force with him in the team. Maybe they consider the Ashes to be more important and are preserving him for test cricket?