Will you accept Shashi Tharoor as Leader of Congress with open heart?

Alam_dar

No one is perfect, but I like Shashi Tharoor while he stood on his principle points/statements against the extreme opposition by the right wing, despite being often ALONE, as RAGA and his party abandoned him for not angering the religious vote bank. 

This is a special quality. 

It could only be done by a person who is a REAL Secularist and firmly believe in it's excellence. 

Only he could face the right wing and defeat them on logical level. 

While RAGA and party are more interested in vote bank and for that principles of Secularism has no/less value for them. He will always on the back foot while facing the right wing, while Shashi Tharoor will always be on the front foot. 

On 2/6/2019 at 5:13 AM, Vilander said:

The spread of hard line right wing all over the world is irreversible it's a cycle. Need a reset and worst thing is reset is ww3.

I read this comment couple of hours ago. But it is still circulating in my mind. A very painful truth has been presented in this comment. 

Let’s not call him a killer yet. We are doing the same thing what left liberal did to Modi. 

Yes, he is better candidate than RG. But lacks leadership He also seems to be seeing India from British dalrymple lens. Seems to be out of touch with inherent complexity and culture. 

Edited by ravishingravi

Gandhis will never let anyone come close to National Level, they kind of ruined Congress for their selfish reasons.  If they were serious about winning, they should have selected someone like Capt Amarinder Singh as the face of congress since 2014. They would have won by far. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, sandeep said:

There is a reflexive tribal hatred of all things congress in a large segment of the educated middle and upper middle class in India.  Even guys like Nandan Nilekani will not get embraced, not because they aren't competent or clean - but because Congress. 

its mostly  the hatred for the Gandhi family.even my father who is a strong Congress  supporter and has a friend in a local MLA,hates them and has voted for BJP in the lok Sabha.

54 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

its mostly  the hatred for the Gandhi family.even my father who is a strong Congress  supporter and has a friend in a local MLA,hates them and has voted for BJP in the lok Sabha.

I guess I get it.  The Congress party became a bureaucratic institution for inefficiency and corruption in the 50+ years that it ruled India. 

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

For the party's sake, for India's sake hope they get rid of the dynasty and other chamcha dynasties. This **** show can't go on, this isn't a damn monarchy and every succeeding generation of Gandhis is more inept than previous one. Country can't be held to ransom by a select few, they had so many tall national/state leaders in the beginning but IG started systematically dismembering all strong  leaders to safeguard her family's fortunes...we are seeing the result before our eyes now.

Also a lesson to BJP here, don't make the same mistake as Congress or TDP/DMK/AIADMK/BSP/SP/TRS/SS/JDS/AIMIM/ Akali Dal etc.....mentoring and propping up the next batch of leaders from grassroots is equally important. I sense an increasing acceptance of dynasties within BJP, more so in recent times, if that trend continues, decline will follow. 

Edited by Gollum

No. Wife Killer. Sunanda died the next day after threatening to expose Tharoor's IPL scam leading all the way to ISI and Sonia Gandhi. 

It is utter shame that Hindu Hriday Samrat Moodi, a Hindu yodhha who is once in a millennium type can't get around to even let the law take its course in this case. This just exposes that Hindu's still have not found even an at par Man to lead them. Which civilization in the world has so zero justice record for a millennium?