7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What is the verdict?

Should replace Rayudu at 4.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Shankar

Dhoni 

sounds way better than Rayudu/Dhoni together at 4/5 for wc.

i only want one thing before wc and that is that Kohli and Vijay Shankar can play few games together and spend some time on crease and have some p’ship before world cup which will help India. Hopefully in the Aus home series this can happen.

He looks switched on from the first ball which is a good sign. He doesn't look like someone getting out in the first 6 balls as some of the other guys. Pretty unselfish. HE is not a slogger. But he gives his best. So i would keep him in the radar. You never know Pandya might have an interview with Arnab in the future lol

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Shankar

Dhoni 

i only want one thing before wc and that is that Kohli and Vijay Shankar can play few games together and spend some time on crease and have some p’ship before world cup which will help India. Hopefully in the Aus home series this can happen.

more then that i want SRH to bat shankar up the order so he gets confident with his attacking game , IPL also helped raina early in his career with his attacking game. Also keep giving him some overs here n there, SRH cud play a huge role in rise of shankar this season

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ill play him for sure at 4 which allows to play pant at 6, harsh on jadhav but pant is a special player

I think Pant isn't in the scheme of things this WC, TM will have to accommodate Dhoni and Pant hasn't set the stage on fire in this format....sad but we have to make peace with this. Jadhav is good, high utility player and street-smart, I will take him in our 1st XI every single day. 

This is a realistic best possible first XI:

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Shankar...if he can deliver in the coming days

Jadhav

Dhoni

Pandya

Kuldeep

Shami

Chahal

Bumrah

Middle order is iffy but at least we will have 7 bowling options. I know people don't rate Shankar the bowler but if it is overcast like Ind-Eng 3rd ODI (2018) his dibbly dobblies will be tricky to deal with, remember Wavell Hinds' spell in the 2004 CT SF against Pak on an overcast day? Even on a flattie if some main bowler is having a bad day you can trust Shankar to bowl 4-5 overs at 6-6.5 rpo in the middle overs which I will gladly take....like Astle, Collingwood, Harvey, Irani etc. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I think Pant isn't in the scheme of things this WC, TM will have to accommodate Dhoni and Pant hasn't set the stage on fire in this format....sad but we have to make peace with this. Jadhav is good, high utility player and street-smart, I will take him in our 1st XI every single day. 

PAnt is 

Lets not forget fight for 2nd keeper is on between pant vs karthik, karthik hasnt done much in ODI 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Shankar

Dhoni 

For me he looks a good bet to play from 11 to 40 overs in a 50 overs ODI.  

Plus points

-> Sound technique , so if he has to play cautiously , has the basic defense  

->  Plays down the ground very well . Does not get hurried that much.

-> Due to his height & reach , can reach the good lenth balls from spinners  almost from his stance like Hardik. Thats

always scary for spinner if he does not turn the ball much or does not have much mystery.

->  The arc of his shot making is what interests me . He can go inside out over covers , over mid off even to good length balls ,

Can go over long off , Long on or wide mid on. Its the reach & height which helps him in this.

Mind you between 11-40 overs you can have only 4 fielders outside the circle. 

Once he does start hitting in those areas , bowler has to either bowl short or very full.  So just develop the back foot

shots  - pull ,the cut or ramp.  

2 critical things need improvement :- 

1. Develop batting smarts to manipulate the filed based on filed placing during those 11-40 overs  and decide to hit where                 a  vacant position exists  in the arc from cover to wide mid wicket . Get Slog sweep also vs spinners . 

with only 4 filedmen , you  can really frustrate them .

2. Get something in your bowling which enables you to bowl 3-4 overs atleast without too heavy a risk.  

On 2/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, Straight Drive said:

You please continue. Having said that my post in feedback thread was just not directed to you only.

Have a look at first page right now:

Whom will you drop form WC squad
Team for WC 2019
India could play 3 AR's
Who should be India's 4th fast bowler in WC
Can we go with same lineup for WC

Same topic : Indian team for WC but look at threads. Simialr is with rayudu or All-rounders or anything else that gets discussed here. If we go on like this, then 100 threads can be opened on WC with regards to Team India.

Because everybody wants to create a thread and wants to control the conversation.  

I think its unrealistic to expect mods to sit around and do the dull dirty job to organize all the random threads.   There's good and bad with the freedom on ICF. This sort of thing can be self-policed by members contributing more to original threads instead of taking the bait of the repititive new ones.  But why take initiative, when you can just finger point and blame others.