Indian team have mismanaged Rishabh Pant's LOI career so far

sandeep

53 minutes ago, sandeep said:

See that's whats funny - I'm not marathi - but way to jump to wrong conclusions and "logic".  

First of all, My comment was made tongue in cheek - i.e. not serious.  2nd, DK has been a failure at #4.  SO claiming that he was pushed out because he did well there, is just silly.

I understand that and hence the question mark and the wink :p:

Coming to DK, he's clearly the second best keeper who's done decently with the bat. If you think otherwise it's alright. 

All said and done, Pant has to take a lot of blame himself. He had a great opportunity today but bottled it. Has done so in multiple T20s as well. The Aus Test series showed us he was maturing as a Test batsmen, that evidence is missing in LOIs. Not sure if this is due to the Dhoni factor or a general temperament problem he needs to work on.

In a sense, these failures are good as he will most certainly not get picked for the WC now (unless he repeats his IPL 2018 heroics). Not being in the WC squad is better for his long term career.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

Not my intention to detail your thread, just cited a few examples supporting your logic. By the same logic I can call you Marathi manhoos? But I won't do that :wink:

Hint: check how he jizzes himself over Pandya bros,Jadeja  and Pujara :laugh: atleast Zen bapu is open about it, this one plays his cards like a pro Gujju poker player on diwali

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

All said and done, Pant has to take a lot of blame himself. He had a great opportunity today but bottled it. Has done so in multiple T20s as well. The Aus Test series showed us he was maturing as a Test batsmen, that evidence is missing in LOIs. Not sure if this is due to the Dhoni factor or a general temperament problem he needs to work on.

In a sense, these failures are good as he will most certainly get picked for the WC now (unless he repeats his IPL 2018 heroics). Not being in the WC squad is better for his long term career.

It's not about maturity tbh, he was playing acc to situation even today but it's a general fact that he is quite over rated and his game is still evolving.

It's also proven he likes taking his time and also the fact he enjoys when the field is up and there are more gaps (his test record testament of that fact). So may be opening is his slot.

11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

It's not about maturity tbh, he was playing acc to situation even today but it's a general fact that he is quite over rated and his game is still evolving.

It's also proven he likes taking his time and also the fact he enjoys when the field is up and there are more gaps (his test record testament of that fact). So may be opening is his slot.

The TM definitely deserves blame for that. Could have easily rested one of Rohit/Dhawan (something Shastri had even spoken about after NZ series) to see how Rahul/Pant go as ODI opener. But guess they had decided Rohit/Dhawan have to be there in all the matches.

They have tried all their experiments only in the middle order to further unsettle it. 

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The TM definitely deserves blame for that. Could have easily rested one of Rohit/Dhawan (something Shastri had even spoken about after NZ series) to see how Rahul/Pant go as ODI opener. But guess they had decided Rohit/Dhawan have to be there in all the matches.

They have tried all their experiments only in the middle order to further unsettle it. 

True, the middle muddle is the sole doing of Virat and Shaz

31 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

I understand that and hence the question mark and the wink :p:

Coming to DK, he's clearly the second best keeper who's done decently with the bat. If you think otherwise it's alright. 

I don't.  I think he is our best option to back up Dhoni at the WC.  And Dhoni's going to have fitness issues playing 10+ games back to back.  Given this fact, DK should have been given a long rope and a bunch of games to build up confidence.  They did the exact opposite.  If the team doesn't believe in DK, then Pant should have gotten that rope - starting 10 months ago.  This jerking around back and forth in the last 5-10 games before WC helps neither player, or the team.

16 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant has a long future ahead. He has virtually no competition post world cup. He may even become T20 captain.

Their is Ishan kishen , even though i rate pant has a far superior talent but u shud never count someone out. I wont even ignore samson....pant is miles ahead but lets not say he doesnt have any competition 

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Their is Ishan kishen , even though i rate pant has a far superior talent but u shud never count someone out. I wont even ignore samson....pant is miles ahead but lets not say he doesnt have any competition 

True. I wouldn't say Pant is miles ahead either. Ishan Kishan is almost as good.. 

Samson is great talent, but looks to have poor attitude and lack of drive to excel

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Hint: check how he jizzes himself over Pandya bros,Jadeja  and Pujara :laugh: atleast Zen bapu is open about it, this one plays his cards like a pro Gujju poker player on diwali

You left out Bhuvi - that's the one guy I'm the most biased about, and will admit it.  And the fact that I was arguing for dropping Jadeja from LOI cricket before the last CT tournament.  But I guess that doesn't fit your agenda. 

Edited by sandeep
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pant and Kishen are the future.

Both similarly talented.

Right now Pant has the upper hand for having put the runs on the board (in tests).But kishen is around.

Samsom has taken himself out of  competition.

The guy seems content with ipl life and family life rest of the time. Add his attitude problems and it will take a really really good performance from him to even be in the reckoning.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Pant and Kishen are the future.

Both similarly talented.

Right now Pant has the upper hand for having put the runs on the board (in tests).But kishen is around.

Actually kishen keeping at this point is quite below then even pant. 

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Samsom has taken himself out of  competition.

The guy seems content with ipl life and family life rest of the time. Add his attitude problems and it will take a really really good performance from him to even be in the reckoning.

Wont count him out, at the end a talented player needs to get his act toghther which is tough but aint impossible 

14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

8GWCqH6.png

what 52...he avg 38 that to saved by one 64* or else it wud have been shitier ......look at that s/r of 69 at 4 which makes rayudu, dhoni, rahane look like yuvraj singh

Hmm.This stats makes me wonder if he is the only player to score 50s from opening to no7 but has totally less than 10 50s totally :lol: