India shoots down a live satellite. Joins the elite group of countries.

Stradlater

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

I agree and I am not finding fault. Just a spur of the moment thought that so close to the elections maybe because of the PM's address he will be the talking point rather than the amazing scientists who made this possible, and more importantly the successful mission. I don't have a problem btw, he was well within his rights to do this.

We are not a country like USA where national interests unite people irrespective of party/divisions. A leading scientist addressing this landmark achievement maybe would have had the ability to reach across divisions and make the accomplishment the focus. These sort of things are above politics. 

Reddit Indians are scum of the human race. I hate Pak!s less than most of these invertebrates. 

You need to listen to scientists on news channel debates who are saying how Modi has helped and motivated them since he has become PM and this address by Modi has been a great thing for them 

As far as I see, this is a great achievement for India. Maybe even a space misadventure deterrent, for those who would want to shoot down Indian satellites. 

What I don't understand is why are people so upset about what is being posted on PP or Gardening forums or BBC or where ever. Why the need for (foreign) validation? There are more posts on this thread about reactions to the news, than the news and its implications for India. Not very different from the phenomenon of random American you-tubers being a huge success reviewing Bollywood content, most of the time without much substance.

Edited by Mariyam

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

As far as I see, this is a great achievement for India. Maybe even a space misadventure deterrent, for those who would want to shoot down Indian satellites. 

What I don't understand is why are people so upset about what is being posted on PP or Gardening forums or BBC or where ever. Why the need for (foreign) validation? There are more posts on this thread about reactions to the news, than the news and its implications for India. Not very different from the phenomenon of random American you-tubers being a huge success reviewing Bollywood content, most of the time without much substance.

I had similar reservations about Jaby Koey earlier but that guy genuinely seems interested in bollywood and Indian culture in general.

Beats me too.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Mariyamji, I do not know about US media but I do know how much agenda driven BBC is. You can’t ignore that bbc and its reporter are source of many News over internet. 

I also remember, how highly BBC was regarded for journalism among Indians. This perception is not goung to change so easy. Its changing very slowly and even they(BBC) know it but You can not ignore their words as allmost whole world believes in that.

So, what did they decide to publish about Indias ASAT, Their narrative and to give validity to it some tweets which included Mamata Didis tweet

Edited by mishra

11 minutes ago, velu said:

bhakchods.. :whack2:  @Gollum  @Stradlater  :whack3:

why you guys are blaming south indians ? 

i am 200% certain 75% of the ISRO employees are southees  .. so in all probability evil northie politicians blocked OUR technology and misued our hardowrk

Where did I blame South Indians? Where did I even talk about Southies? From what I see even @Stradlater hasn't done anything. You on :canabis: bro?

Edited by Gollum

4 hours ago, velu said:

bhakchods.. :whack2:  @Stradlater  :whack3:

why you guys are blaming south indians ? 

i am 200% certain 75% of the ISRO employees are southees  .. so in all probability evil northie politicians blocked OUR technology and misued our hardowrk

Hain? 

Where did I do that?

Edited by Stradlater

13 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Wait for kali and durga to be operational

@vayuu1  can explain about that

Kali or kilo ampere linear injector 

And Durga or Directionally Unrestricted Ray-Gun Array are two laser based weapons which are being developed by India, all I can say is this has been in news, but not much is known about it except that it's a project compared to star wars project of USA which was shut down by USA but not much is known about projects of India only thing that is mentioned is that they can shoot a laser beam worth gigawatt or more, it is one of the most ambitious project whose success could practically neutralize not only the offensive systems but abms as well also it can be a effective counter measure against mirv and Marv warheads, dubbed as ultimate capability, this is definitely a weapon for the future and can make any defense or offense obsolete. 

It can be use as a satellite killer and can destroy any electronic platform, USA wanted star War project to be implemented in 4 stages, land sea air and space but it was very expensive and time consuming so not much is known about it. 

@Lannister  @sandeep @Singh blingand many more, I can understand your anti Modi sentiments. But how do you guys explain murder (media calls death in un nantuaral circumstances) of not 1 not 2 not 5 but 11 nuclear scientists during 2009-2013 period

Whats was MMS doing apart from allowing systematic slaughter of our scientist.

I am certain that you guys didnt knew about it else you must have opened atleast one thread on icf

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/11-nuclear-scientists-died-in-mysterious-circumstances-in-4-years/articleshow/49272275.cms

11 nuclear scientists died in mysterious circumstances in 4  Years
NEW DELHI: 11 nuclear scientists had unnatural deaths during 2009-13 in the country, latest data provided by Department of Atomic Energy shows. Eight scientists and engineers working in laboratories and research centres of the Department died in a blast or by hanging or drowning in the  sea

Rest In Peace. Indian Scientist and Indias Nuclear Programme

Edited by mishra

Congrats to India for the Second time..

'India attains the capability to target, destroy space satellites in orbit'

April 28, 2012
ISSUE DATE: May 7, 2012

india now has the capability to target and destroy space satellites in orbit. "Today, we have developed all the building blocks for an anti-satellite (ASAT) capability," scientific adviser to the defence minister and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chief Vijay Saraswat told India Today. This capability has given India a deterrent against China. In January 2007, a Chinese asat missile destroyed an unused weather satellite.

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/nation/story/20120507-agni-v-launch-india-takes-on-china-drdo-vijay-saraswat-758208-2012-04-28

Manmohan ji was a visionary PM ... :om:

Russian media is all-praise for Modi’s A-SAT, but British press is ‘furious’

International media organisations are divided in their opinion on India’s maiden A-SAT missile test.

RATNADEEP CHOUDHARY

28 March, 2019 3:53 pm
ASAT Missile

File photo of Anti Satellite missile launch | PIB India

New Delhi: As India conducted its first anti-satellite (A-SAT) missile test Wednesday, the international media had mixed reactions to the success of ‘Mission Shakti’.

While the US media said ‘Mission Shakti’ “demonstrates India’s growing ambitions and footprint in space, where its neighbor China is seen as dominant”, the UK media expressed “fury” over it. On the other hand, both Pakistani and Chinese media expressed suspicion over the success of the space mission.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday, in a televised address to the nation, announced that India conducted its first anti-satellite (A-SAT) missile test by successfully destroying a low earth orbit satellite in space. The PM said that India is the fourth country after US, Russia and China to have carried out an A-SAT test.

ThePrint takes a look at the international media’s take on ‘Mission Shakti’.

The Washington Post

The Washington Post, in “India shoots down satellite in test of space defense, Modi announces”, is quick to link the missile launch to Indian military’s preparedness. “The successful test comes amid broader concerns about the readiness of India’s armed forces for modern battles. It recently engaged Pakistan in its first aerial dogfight in decades. Pakistan shot down an Indian jet and took an Indian pilot into custody”, it writes.

Post adds, “The latest feat demonstrates India’s growing ambitions and footprint in space, where its neighbor China is seen as dominant”.

Also read: Pakistan urges world to condemn ‘Mission Shakti’, China calls for peace in outer space

The Daily Express

British tabloid newspaper, The Daily Express takes a bold stand and writes “FURY as ‘elite space power’ India shoots satellite from sky – and we STILL pay them AID”.

The newspaper questions India’s expensive space expedition “while the UK STILL ploughs millions in foreign aid to the country at the cost of the taxpayer”.

“Controversial Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed the country as an elite space power that can now face a threat of any kind”, writes the newspaper. It adds, “The new hi-tech warfare system is said to cost billions – despite receiving nearly £100m in aid cash from the UK over the last two years.”

RT

The Russian channel RT is all praise for India’s A-SAT: “India joins space ‘super league’ as it shoots down satellite with precision missile- Modi”.

The media outlet says India’s technological advances should not be “underestimated”. A Russian military expert, Mikhail Khodarenok, claims that hitting a satellite 300 km above the ground was “quite a result” and India may “consider developing spacecraft able to defend their own satellites.”

Dawn

The Pakistani newspaper Dawn is suspicious of India’s achievement. Its headline reads, “India claims to shoot down satellite, join ‘space superpowers’. Its opening lines reads, “Just weeks before India goes to the polls, Modi said Indian scientists ‘shot down a live satellite at a low-earth orbit’”.

The newspaper also quoted Pakistan’s Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal as saying, “Boasting of such capabilities is reminiscent of Don Quixote’s tilting against windmills”.

‘Tilting at windmills’ is derived from the 1605 novel Don Quixote, which means fighting fictitious enemies. The novel is written by Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.

China Daily

The Chinese newspaper China Dailyis deadpan straight. It says: “Modi says India shoots down satellite on low earth orbit”. Like Dawn, the brief report casts a doubt. It writes: “Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday in a surprise address to the nation claimed Indian scientists shot down a live satellite on a low earth orbit with an anti-satellite weapon”.

Gulf Today

The UAE-based Gulf Today’sheadline reads, “India shoots down own satellite in test”.

The newspaper describes the test in the context of the recent India-Pakistan confrontations: “Modi’s Hindu nationalist-led government has taken a strong position on national security, launching air strikes last month on a suspected militant camp in Pakistan that spurred retaliatory raids.”

2 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

Congrats to India for the Second time..

'India attains the capability to target, destroy space satellites in orbit'

April 28, 2012
ISSUE DATE: May 7, 2012

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/nation/story/20120507-agni-v-launch-india-takes-on-china-drdo-vijay-saraswat-758208-2012-04-28

Manmohan ji was a visionary PM ... :om:

Bhai,

do you think someone with capabilty to send Sattelites in space and pit it in a exact particular orbit cant develop any sort of missile. I mean any.  Technology is there. Indian Government is not doing such tests because of various International factors. All DRDO needs is one pdf document from ISRO and job done.

14 hours ago, mishra said:

Bhai,

do you think someone with capabilty to send Sattelites in space and pit it in a exact particular orbit cant develop any sort of missile. I mean any.  Technology is there. Indian Government is not doing such tests because of various International factors. All DRDO needs is one pdf document from ISRO and job done.

bro, i have congratulated india, i have no doubt on ISRO. 

the article i have posted, its mentioned that you have achieved it in 2012. 

so if you already have it, thn whhats all the fuss about? 

20 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Dawn

The Pakistani newspaper Dawn is suspicious of India’s achievement. Its headline reads, “India claims to shoot down satellite, join ‘space superpowers’. Its opening lines reads, “Just weeks before India goes to the polls, Modi said Indian scientists ‘shot down a live satellite at a low-earth orbit’”.

The newspaper also quoted Pakistan’s Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal as saying, “Boasting of such capabilities is reminiscent of Don Quixote’s tilting against windmills”.

well finally a truthful acknowledgement. 

No point building ability to shoot down satellites when our good old friends dont have satellites.