Who is a Liberal ?

ravishingravi

21 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

They don't leave it at that. Hindus ideally respect all religions and non-religious as well. There is no mutual respect coming from atheists, they want to change the whole world and cure it from cancer as they call what religion is. That is political atheism. They mock soft targets anyway. 

most do. There are two kind of atheists - those who do not believe in God (90%) and those who say God definitively do not exist (10%). The latter group are like the saffron chaddis of hinduism - extreme minority but extremely loud. 

And no, we don't leave it at that. Satyameva Jayate, remember ? your religion has to survive against free speech else its not worth it. We will point out and keep pointing out that most religions are nonsense, though some of us do not equate all religions as the same nonsense. Hinduism is still nonsense, but its less harmful and more acceptable nonsense than islam, for eg.

I am an Atheist but don't oppose any religion.Infact i don't even try to convince others to become atheists.It just that I haven't come across any evidence of god .
What we see around has nothing to do with science or evidence but is a desperate attempt to strip people of their identities in an attempt to create a new world .
My grandfather is an Atheist and so am I. But our reasons are completely different. My reasons are more or less like yours.

But my grandfather had some unpleasant personal experiences with religious folks and abhors Brahmims as he thinks they are taking the rest of the folks on a ride with make believe rituals. Don't mistake him for those tukde tukde gang folks as he was a freedom fighter and faught against the Razakars. He is outright patriot.

At 95 years, he is trying to find God and at one point someone filled his mind with Christianity. I had to pull him out of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

most do. There are two kind of atheists - those who do not believe in God (90%) and those who say God definitively do not exist (10%). The latter group are like the saffron chaddis of hinduism - extreme minority but extremely loud. 

And no, we don't leave it at that. Satyameva Jayate, remember ? your religion has to survive against free speech else its not worth it. We will point out and keep pointing out that most religions are nonsense, though some of us do not equate all religions as the same nonsense. Hinduism is still nonsense, but its less harmful and more acceptable nonsense than islam, for eg.

I think the segregation between the two kinds you mentioned is not much of segregation in first place. Definitely or not definitely believing is not point. You believe or don’t believe if there is a God. If you don’t, you are an atheists. If you say you don’t know ( non definitive ), then you are agnostic. 

On hinduism, quote me in any place in scriptures where you come across this term. I will wait for it. In India, we had a culture of rationalist and atheists ( charvakas ), who also happen to be Hindus. Savarkar and Bal Thackeray were atheists. So, what is this « ism » you refer to. 

22 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I think the segregation between the two kinds you mentioned is not much of segregation in first place. Definitely or not definitely believing is not point. You believe or don’t believe if there is a God. If you don’t, you are an atheists. If you say you don’t know ( non definitive ), then you are agnostic. 

On hinduism, quote me in any place in scriptures where you come across this term. I will wait for it. In India, we had a culture of rationalist and atheists ( charvakas ), who also happen to be Hindus. Savarkar and Bal Thackeray were atheists. So, what is this « ism » you refer to. 

There is a big metaphysical difference, that Christopher Hitchins demonstrates. 
An Agnost : i don't know if God exists or not

An agnostic atheist ( type A, 90% of the atheists) : i believe God does not exist

A gnostic atheist ( type B, 10% of atheists): i KNOW God does not exist.

These distinctions are small but they matter. The reason i classify myself as type A, is because

a) I have not read a single piece of literature (and i have read pretty much all the religious main books of most religions) that convinces me its from a non-human source

b) I see no evidence of God existing, neither do i see a reason for God to exist

c) having said a) and b), i cannot definitively claim that God does not exist, because existence of article X, in the domain Y, where Y is defined as 'reality/universe/existence itself' cannot be determined as true or false without searching the entire domain Y. This is mathematical logic, really. And since humanity cannot claim to have searched all of existence for said entity X ( God), i cannot definitely say it doesn't exist.

As far as hinduism goes, hinduism is a term defined by the Turks and then streamlined by the Brits. There is no 'hinduism' in the time of the charvaks or the ajivaks, there was nastik and anastik. And those streams do not mingle. 

Technically speaking, atheists can only be culturally hindu, not philosophically hindu, as philosophical hinduism is decisively theistic in its existence - all the Purans, Vedas, Gita, etc. are consistent on this. 

45 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

To be fair though I'm a liberal who bashes all of dmk, tmc, bjp, congress, cpi ,islam, Hinduism , christianity and unfettered capitalism amongst others. Does that mean I'm not liberal in the Indian context :P

Right Wing always monopolise to give the "Certificate" to others. 

If you are loyal to Religion, you need certificate from the religious right wing, and it is understandable. 

But problem occurs when question arises if you are loyal to India (and in my case to Pakistan) or not, you need the certificate from the religious right wing. 

This disease goes so much further that right wing also issues the certificate if you are a genuine Liberal or not. If you criticise the religious right, then in no way they will accept you as a genuine Liberal, but either you are foolish liberal or enemy and traitor of India/Pakistan, 

In my case, the religious right of Pakistan is of opinion that liberals are only found in the western countries, while none of the DESI could ever be a liberal. We are seen as agent of the Yahood (jews) and Hindus who want to destroy Pakistan and Islam. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I don't care about labels. Don't care what people say, what bracket they put me in, in India the term 'libreal' has been misused so much that I would never want to be one lol. 

First criteria to get admitted to Indian liberals club , he/she should bash India , Hindu , bjp , protest against industries or new business  etc etc 

Second criteria , IQ should be in single digit

55 minutes ago, velu said:

First criteria to get admitted to Indian liberals club , he/she should bash India , Hindu , bjp , protest against industries or new business  etc etc 

Sou you believe your own people ( South indians) have single digit iq :giggle:.  Most South Indian states are hardcore anti BJP and consider themselves liberal.

1 hour ago, velu said:

BJP should be thankful to liberals, the more the liberals open mouth against BJP, the more convincingly BJP wins the elections.

1 hour ago, velu said:

Dhanya hai Velu Sarkar! He made extra pain to write this post  ONLY TO CERTIFY what I earlier wrote. :adore:

Allegation of bashing India = Certificate for being TRAITOR to India (i.e. monopoly upon Nationalism).

Allegation of Hindu+BJP = Certificate for being anti Hindu Religion + Certificate of being sympathiser of Muslim Terrorism. 

Allegation of being anti Industries + New Industries = Certificate for being Communist 

:wp3:

Edited by Alam_dar

4 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Dhanya hai Velu Sarkar! He made extra pain to write this post  ONLY TO CERTIFY what I earlier wrote. :adore:

Allegation of bashing India = Certificate for being TRAITOR to India (i.e. monopoly upon Nationalism).

Allegation of Hindu+BJP = Certificate for being anti Hindu Religion + Certificate of being sympathiser of Muslim Terrorism. 

Allegation of being anti Industries + New Industries = Certificate for being Communist 

:wp3:

Ai chuppp :cantstop:

a29e00e106b93101b0d15ec030dd9e49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin 3:!6

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Sou you believe your own people ( South indians) have single digit iq :giggle:.  Most South Indian states are hardcore anti BJP and consider themselves liberal.

as far as we are not voting for Congress , I am fine with it :p:

admk under jays Was  a classier , finer and milder version of bjp 

11 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Repeat after me.. Madrasi is not south indians

19 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Do you guys think only Kerala and TN are "South India" ? :stupid:

Karnataka and Telugu States are not anti-BJP at all and they represent like 60% of South India. 

Just now, Norman said:

Do you guys think only Kerala and TN are "South India" ? :stupid:

Karnataka and Telugu States are not anti-BJP at all and they represent like 60% of South India. 

Hope to see BJP make inroads in Tel and AP soon. Ripe for the picking esp Tel.