All jokes, and fan banter aside..

I6MTW

I have never been more convinced of fixing and scripting since this IPL started, the amount of last over matches, teams suspiciously choking, bowlers and umpires smiling after bad balls and wrong decisions. Missing easy opportunities, it is becoming more clear IPL is definitely scripted and fixed , all that matters is power and money, which is evident by the top teams this IPL. IPL is just for money and commercial purposes, which is doing more harm to the sport than good. It's becoming a joke now with so many close matches, that didn't even deserve to be close in the first place. It's becoming more like the WWE, and people will continue to watch and support these teams and engage in fights and discussions like fools.

Iam convinced that it is scripted. It goes beyond loyalties. They have identified IPL as cash cow. They are now trying to make it as entertaining as possible. In all our lives of watching international cricket how many times have we seen a convenient no ball bowled at the last over when defending a total. How many did we see this time alone in the IPL. This is not healthy for sports.

1 minute ago, chewy said:

If it was fixed and scripted, surely there would be a whistle blower by now, especially among foreign players

There also getting paid, maybe some of them dont know/not involved? Nothing is certain . All I know is there's something more to this than players just playing on the field. For ratings and revenue, BCCI is doing everything. 

Now I don't know how other t20 leagues are, I have hardly watched those kinds of matches, but are they similar to this? In terms of last over finishes, umpiring decisions, choking suspiciously?

Just now, maniac said:

Players have to be robots to fix the entire game. I mean sure there might be some shady activities here and there no denying that however for example the way Malinga executed that final ball, it would have been a different ball game altogether if it was a mandated script to execute that at 140ks

Remember the last ball noball lol 

Its impossible to control the final outcome because it would require all the players to be fixed and there is a very easy chance for someone to spill the beans. But definitely a few players could be fixed, but same goes for international cricket and in every sport as well. 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Remember the last ball noball lol 

As I said sure there are shady things here and there but that goes without saying for every sport out there. Hell I have heard of fixing even in individual sports like tennis. Can’t fix every game and every over. 

5 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

All I know is there's something more to this than players just playing on the field.

Based on what, you being a sore loser? Havent you watched multiple, multiple T20 world cups and internationals matches? T20 matches WILL have close finishes and ups and downs as the format allows one batsman or one bowler to turn the game around

20 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Based on what, you being a sore loser? Havent you watched multiple, multiple T20 world cups and internationals matches? T20 matches WILL have close finishes and ups and downs as the format allows one batsman or one bowler to turn the game around

Oh really? What about the last ball no ball by malinga against RCB? Or the 7 ball over by one of the umpires in an MI match this season?

I can name many umpiring decisions which are shady,. But forget that, even malinga was smiling after he bowled the no ball. 

Then what about those sudden chokes out of nowhere where a team loses 5-6 wickets in 3-4 overs? That happened quite a few times. 

First of all I am not a hardcore CSK fan, I only supoort them because I'm from Chennai, tbh I rather wanted Delhi, or Punjab to qualify and win this season. 

The point is almost every single match has gone down to the wire. 

Now I am not sure how other t20 league matches are, but in international matches you wont have majority of the matches going down to the wire. It's either straightforward win or lose, MOST of the time. There are close finishes of course they happen from time to time, but not to the level of IPL, nothing so shady or suspicious as this.