Possible Replacements for Shikhar Dhawan

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They will wait, he is that important for this team in ICC tournaments. I would keep Rahul at 4 , don't disturb him and make DK open and give him license to go from ball one.It is such a big blow this is where lack of depth will hurt India.

Possible but then we have a bad fielder on ground and his he has mentally settled as finisher not even as a middle order. They might make rahul open and make Shankar bat at 4 who was said to be original choice 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Possible but then we have a bad fielder on ground and his he has mentally settled as finisher not even as a middle order

DK is a pretty good ground fielder. In fact more or less at the same level as Dhawan. I agree on him being used more as finisher than a middle order bat.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Possible but then we have a bad fielder on ground and his he has mentally settled as finisher not even as a middle order

Fielding aspect DK is not the worst.I think this is where Shastri and Kohli have to earn their keep, they need to get by without replacement if Shikar can heal in 3 weeks.This is ridiculous rule, 3 weeks out mean they should be allowed to have replacement and then once player is back it should be upto the team if want to keep the replacement or let the original player comeback into the team.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

DK is a pretty good ground fielder. In fact more or less at the same level as Dhawan. I agree on him being used more as finisher than a middle order bat.

He was but not now, in last few years he has become slow while fielding. Initially he use to take stunners and drop dollies now he drop dollies but doesnt take stunners. Dhawan runs quick behind the ball ......karthik doesnt anymore . 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Don’t get a good feeling about Rahul vs Amir. Sure on paper our team quality is way superior but usually guys like Dhawan and Sehwag before him take the pakistanis out of the game even before it begins

Same here......when he comes in he looks very shaky at start , also m not liking how his bat is getting twisted in his hand while playing shots . At 4 he was saved from initial movement