INDIA v ENGLAND ¦ 15:00 IST ¦ JUNE 30 2019 ¦ EDGBASTON, BIRMINGHAM ¦ ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019

Kohli's stagnation period has started- i dont even remember if he's scored an ODI century this year.

I am saddened the fact that we have oldies such as Jhadav, Dhoni and DK as well as Ruyudu being in contention for the WC at some stage when we have players like Shaw and Gill ready to come... but TM and BCCI will screw over our chances of having the best team.

29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

This target should have been chased. The batsmen showed no intent and left Pandya too much work, it needed a 60 ball hundred from him.

Kohli is one who has disappointed me the most, He no longer is able to pull these chases.

If you are Kohli you have to do lot better than what he has done so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kohli himself has to be blamed for this ,the kohli of youth was a different beast in chases,now he needs support from other end with Dhawan gone the burden on him has increased he knows he is carrying our batting after Rohit

If only he had groomed Pant,Gill for a reasonable time ,he could have got much needed support which he surely lacks currently

Dhawan is being missed big time here ,Raul is a timid opener who is not even sure of his own technique to survive in these conditions ,forget about batting with intent !

Dhawan would have at least given a quick 7 overs 40 run pship instead we got a 5 overs 9 run type of start lol 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

This target should have been chased. The batsmen showed no intent and left Pandya too much work, it needed a 60 ball hundred from him.

Kohli is one who has disappointed me the most, He no longer is able to pull these chases.

If you are Kohli you have to do lot better than what he has done so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think, we would have ever chased this target with dicey middle and lower middle order .Kohli and Rohit both were under pressure initially not to lose to many wicket ..in end ,they screwed up the RR, which is were the chase was totally off . 

FYI ,the game was lost when umpire didn't gave Roy out and DRS wasn't taken after that .

7 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Kohli's stagnation period has started- i dont even remember if he's scored an ODI century this year.

I am saddened the fact that we have oldies such as Jhadav, Dhoni and DK as well as Ruyudu being in contention for the WC at some stage when we have players like Shaw and Gill ready to come... but TM and BCCI will screw over our chances of having the best team.

He has in Australia and then against them at home this year. 

I think the management and Kohli in particular needs to ask openers to play freely without worrying about the thin middle order. This over compensating will make us score 20-30 runs in first instead of 50-60. When Eng lost wickets in that 31-40 over period, they did not change their style of play. They were still looking for boundaries. Buttler scored just 20 but off 7 balls. Stokes never stopped hitting. 

I think management is too scared to dictate terms to Dhongi. He is influencing others too.

10 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Kohli is SHAMELESS AND STUBBORN

CAN SOME JOURNALIST ASK HIM OR SHASTRI, WHY IS JADHAV BEING PLAYED AHEAD OF DK ???

WE DESERVE TO LOSE THE SEMIS FOR SUCH STUBBORN BEHAVIOR 

+ we should loose for pr activities

and his cheerleader speeches about dhoni

and selecting Jadhav

13 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

End overs mein bhi toh mushkil tha with all the cutters being bowled. The point is if we are chasing nearly 7 an over from the start, the top order can't escape criticism if they score at a SR of mid 80s - early 90s. They left a huge task for the middle order that consists of a rookie who is yet to score a ODI 50, a has been and a journeyman. 

Our top order is under immense pressure to perform , thanks to dicey middle / lower middle order .