Mayank to replace Vijay Shankar

He is mental migdet, you got that part right.If Mayank is opening then we are again screwing up the middle order.It is again top three or bust.DK is grand father of Rahul in being mental midget.

DK is good for 10 to 15 ball cameo, I don't think he will be any good at no6 if he has to play bigger role.

Other option is let DK open but at this age is he good enough to open.I want Mayank to be no4 .I know a proper batsman is batting there.
Mayank is a good option for middle overs as he plays spin well.I reckon they will drop jadav for mayank.

Press Release by BCCI

Mr Vijay Shankar was struck on the left big toe whilst batting in the nets on June 19th in Southampton. He was able to play in an unrestricted manner in the following two matches against Afghanistan and West Indies. 

Following the match on June 27, the condition of his toe worsened and a CT scan showed he sustained a non-displaced fracture of the left big toe. The condition will require a minimum of three weeks to heal. The injury rules him out of the ongoing World Cup.

So ,they didn't went for a CT, after he got hit on the toe in the first place ?

:facepalm:

This guy is coming on top form and has scored so many runs. 

He is a better batsman than kl Rahul, Kedar and Karthik. 

He is destined for big success. 

His talent is as good as Prithvi shaw for Odi's. 

Perfect pick. 

I had picked him ahead of Kl Rahul as he plays fast bowlers better than Kl Rahul. 

He is closest to shikhar Dhawan and rohit Sharma against fast bowlers. 

He tries to hit out spinners and gets out sometimes. 

This is a fast bowlers world cup and one has to play fast bowlers in the 11 and batsman who are most comfortable against fast bowlers. 

This is a supreme pick. 

I think they will play Bhuvi too and so a 4 pronged attack and Kuldeep. 

33 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Msk prasad will go down as most incompetent person in bcci

A big time looser 

Binny Stuart is a better bowler than Vijay Shankar. 

Stuart batted faster than Vijay Shankar. 

Even in fielding Vijay Shankar looked weak. 

Stuart was supported by Roger and once Roger lost his position as a selector... Stuart lost his place. 

4 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

What has Rahul done of note for the countless opportunities he has been given ? 

He is a mental migdet 

Not just that.  Rahul is a physical midget too. Gets injured too frequently.  His career so far has been more about injury than anything else. What's the point in investing so much on a player who will miss out on 50% matches due to injury.  He should probably wear a straitjacket while fielding so as to avoid getting injured.  :hysterical:

3 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Not just that.  Rahul is a physical midget too. Gets injured too frequently.  His career so far has been more about injury than anything else. What's the point in investing so much on a player who will miss out on 50% matches due to injury.  He should probably wear a straitjacket while fielding so as to avoid getting injured.  :hysterical:

the straitjacket will also come in handy for restraining him when he breaks out in a nervous panic. [this clothing article is used in asylums as well]

People expecting Mayank to work are in for a huge disappointment. Inexperienced players aren't just dropped in world cup. Atleast Pant was in the scheme of theme before World Cup. Mayank is dropped from nowhere without any preparations. The grand stage demands mental, physical and technical preparation. 

9 minutes ago, Pollack said:

People expecting Mayank to work are in for a huge disappointment. Inexperienced players aren't just dropped in world cup. Atleast Pant was in the scheme of theme before World Cup. Mayank is dropped from nowhere without any preparations. The grand stage demands mental, physical and technical preparation. 

Hope his batting isn't required...no disrespect to his talent.. he is an excellent aggressive batsman not a bottler like rahul however if the need of Agrawal playing his debut match in a worldcup game arises then rest assured my freind we are phucked!!!

Edited by Amit228
10 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Absolute garbage comments.

Mayank opened the batting on Boxing Day in Melbourne, Australia which is biggest calendar day of Test Cricket world wide and the most intimidating place for any sub continental batsmen.

He batted like he had played all tour, with confidence and bravado.

He is the perfect choice and replacement opener for India given their template of keeping wickets in hand in the first 10 overs.