Dhoni is hands down the most selfish cricketer ever.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

How about the fact that if he had gotten out playing more aggressively, guys like DK or Pant would have played more sensibly instead of putting pressure on themselves to hoick every ball?

out of the 35 he scored most runs against that Saifuddin and he was trying to hog the strike against him and he was the same guy even Pant and DK bashed. Otherwise he was equally useless.

Do you think Bhuvi is useless to not even hit a 1 or a 2 ?

It's funny because guys like Velu are trolling and Rasgulla well is rasgulla,you seem to be genuinely drinking the koolaid :laugh:

Pant is expected to play his natural game which is to attack, asking him to play sensibly is a brain fart. I stopped reading after that comment.

Dhoni was the reason I followed religiously all our Jamodis/ T20s in the 2007-2012 period. He was a God like figure for a while and perhaps, my biggest star in the Indian team. But seriously, even his most ardent fans won't be able to support his cause if he goes on like this. I mean, the guy has achieved everything. He is spoiling his own image/ character in front of millions of crazy fans. For me, he has passed the point of no return. Should have retired post 2015 WC. 

3 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont know why he is damaging his reputation,there will be a generation of fans who will hate him and not recognize his contributions to indian cricket.

there are hardly any of his contributions post-2013 CT.

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Dhoni used to be known for his fearless aggressive batting...why is he ruining his reputation off late with this passive approach in crunch situations, either he doesn't care much about the team/fans anymore or he just playing to save his wicket to prolong his career...either way....it's a sad approach, I wish he goes back to his original style of power hitting and help India win this WC :wp1:

Agree.

I think he is fooling everyone. He can very much power hit still very well, lets not forget he has hit some big shots this World Cup. I just dont think he can do it successfully over after over without getting out, which is why he leaves his assault till the end of the innings.

What he is doing is prolonging his career by playing a "saviour" role whenever he comes in. Like a Bollywood actor.

His excuses for having a sub par run rate can be seen a mile away,

1) Slow Track when he got to the crease

2) Protect lower order

3) Target was unattainable while chasing

4) Reached par score while batting first

I also blame Kohli for being  a weak captain and not removing him. A strong captain would not have been in this situation.

12 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont know why he is damaging his reputation,there will be a generation of fans who will hate him and not recognize his contributions to indian cricket.

I was a huge fan, still admire his contribution to Indian cricket but I fail to get how people defend him still. I think he is the only batsman I have followed who lost the art of batsmanship quite markedly.May be because he always a limited batsman with great temperament. 

Last 4 years vs spin, SR of 62 (worse than the batsmen from Zim, Ireland, Afghanistan)

Last 4 years between 20-40 overs, SR of 67

Terribly selfish stats. Find any other batsman in the modern era batting like this. Bowlers winning us matches despite grandpa's Shastriesque batting is being justified as awareness of the situation and his genius reading of the game!

The problem uneducated cricket fans dont realise about Sachin is that at the time he was the only genuine batsmen that all international bowlers feared and respected.

Once Sachin got out, India were out. It was that simple. He had to play a certain way for years.

Towards the end of his career he did wane, but we quality gifted cricketers around him, so we could "carry" him till the end.

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Last 4 years vs spin, SR of 62 (worse than the batsmen from Zim, Ireland, Afghanistan)

Last 4 years between 20-40 overs, SR of 67

Terribly selfish stats. Find any other batsman in the modern era batting like this. Bowlers winning us matches despite grandpa's Shastriesque batting is being justified as awareness of the situation and his genius reading of the game!

That's 4 years of inexcusable medicority! Still his bhakts defend him saying that he is good, just one innings away from reclaiming vintage form and what not. Rat is the biggest bhakt, totally depending on him and acting like he is still a player for captain Dhoni.