India vs WI Tour Squad Announced

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

BCCI seriously needs to revise the criteria for appointment of chief selector.

MSK was the most useless wicket keeper batsman in our history, who played less than 10 tests.

What do you expect from such incompetent selectors?

England Chief selector Ed Smith has played only 3 international matches and still he was able to select a WC winning team. You don't have to be a great international cricketer to be a great selector. FC experience is enough for that.

I have my issues with MSK too but I don't think his international failures has anything to do with it.

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Plenty wrong with this squad 

• Kohli is still LOI captain 
  • Mayank get dropped without playing a game, Gill gets dropped after playing 2 games and then they say we are not able to find players. 
  • Jadhav is still there 
  • Rohit in test cricket 
  • Umesh yadav selected for any test outside India 
  • Krunal, washington, Jadeja, chahar so many spinners for t20 in that small USA ground 
  • Manish pandey, jadeja in t20 squad

Basically nailed all of them. Likes of Gill, Easwaran, Gopal etc. should have been in the mix.

Test team: Rahane as VC desite bad form,Vihari(not convinced) ,Saha(too old),Vada Pav in tests :facepalm:

Umesh didn't do well in Eng but has done well in India in Tests.Could have picked Saini. Bumrah should have been rested.

ODI team: Kedar is a waste.Since neither Manish & Iyer bowl, 6th bowler is missing. Rahul Chahar in place of Chahal should have been picked.

T20 team: Washington Sundar(Don't buy the hype).

Nitish Rana,Gill,Shaw(lol fake injury) should have been picked.

18 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

R u for real...  If Mayank doesn't deserve a spot then who does??  Your superstar KL Rahul?? 

Read again. Mayank in tests. KL Rahul is not my superstar. Mayank isn't technically sound. He is better off given chances in ODIs first and then see if he can play tests.

If u play both gopal and rahul chahar, u are never going to search for 6th bowler in top 6 batsmen..

Dhawan, Manish & shreyas should have been out of T 20s due to overwhelming accumlaters..shreyas can only play at no. 4 in place of rahul.I will open with pant in T20s

Rohit/Pant/kohli/Rahul/Rana/Hardik/R.chahar/Gopal/bhuvi/Bumrah/saini

Jadega/D.chahar/shreyas/sooryakumar

Edited by PSB_Zone

Guys - I seriously feel that some of the upcoming talents should plan to play for other countries if they really want to make a name in international arena. I really feel gutted when hard work gets ignored, but what infuriates me is that it gets ignored because not of potential but of inherent bias and vested interests. On that logic I can understand a Pant getting chance over Saha(potential over hardwork) but how come Rahul gets chance over Agarwal and Gill(nepotism getting better of both)?

The system is so rotten to the core with a toxic mix of selfish players and management ( there are no leaders), a dysfunctional corrupt BCCI in nexus with greedy commercial enterprises who only care for money and lastly all these backed by super gullible bhakts. 

3 hours ago, Kerberos said:

Read again. Mayank in tests. KL Rahul is not my superstar. Mayank isn't technically sound. He is better off given chances in ODIs first and then see if he can play tests.

He is best opener currently we have for test cricket.  Shaw is untested  in foreign conditions. Rahul is luckiest player in test squad after so many failures he is given chances.  Mayank & Pujara r the reasons why our batting saved its a** in AUS.  Lyon &Cummins were ripping through our middle order including Kohli. 

1 hour ago, PSB_Zone said:

If u play both gopal and rahul chahar, u are never going to search for 6th bowler in top 6 batsmen..

Dhawan, Manish & shreyas should have been out of T 20s due to overwhelming accumlaters..shreyas can only play at no. 4 in place of rahul.I will open with pant in T20s

Rohit/Pant/kohli/Rahul/Rana/Hardik/R.chahar/Gopal/bhuvi/Bumrah/saini

Jadega/D.chahar/shreyas/sooryakumar

Rahul Chahar is fine T20 bowler..  He can restrict as well as attack.  Dhawan in most useless T20 opener ever..  His record after over 50+ T20I is proof. Instead of Deepak Chahar they should groom Shivam Dube who at least can smack.  Him & Rana r ideal T20 prospects for us.  Krunal is a certified leg side ugly hack. 

I appeal to each one of us here and whoever is reading this to boycott every series till the right selections are made. These mofos neither deserve the millions they earn nor the massive fan following they have. What a fuking joke. Brat retained as Captain, boozer is still the coach. Jadhav, Pandey, Umesh, KL, Dhawan - the lack of vision is so infuriating. Screw this team.

I wish to see a day when an IPL game is played in an empty stadium but that is wishful thinking at best.

1 hour ago, motomaverick said:

I appeal to each one of us here and whoever is reading this to boycott every series till the right selections are made. These mofos neither deserve the millions they earn nor the massive fan following they have. What a fuking joke. Brat retained as Captain, boozer is still the coach. Jadhav, Pandey, Umesh, KL, Dhawan - the lack of vision is so infuriating. Screw this team.

I wish to see a day when an IPL game is played in an empty stadium but that is wishful thinking at best.

Now what's wrong with Rahul and Dhawan?

1 minute ago, Cricspin said:

Not sure what happened to Murali Vijay as a test opener.. is he done for good? 

Yup done for good

He was struggling and dropped in eng series . He then went to county made runs got a place in team, shaw got injured and vijay got his chances and he failed . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03