Good things that Pakistan has given us

Deleted_User_1

Pakistan gave Indians

1. More nationalism feel. Despite cultural differences this enemy country unites us more and more daily.

2. Respect towards armed forces. If there was no Pakistan we would have never known their significance in our life.

3. Despite our growth being slightly slow still it gives us pride when we see our 

Economic Growth, space programs, entertainment industry , sports infrastructure and compare it to them we all are at least convinced that we have been on right path. Long way to go but it's definitely a motivation.

Yes, we have lost a lot because of this rogue neighbor but every time when our soldier or civilian dies in their sponsored terrorist attacks , it makes us more strong more united. They gave us lot of pain but watch the wicket of Amir Sohail by Venkstesh Prasad or six of Tendulkar on Akhtar it will bring smile back. 

Pakistan gave Indians reasons to be united, motivated and brought smiles on our face.

Nothing. 

They want to come to India to play cricket in IPL.
They want to come to India to act in Bollywood. 
They want to come to India to get medical treatment from our world class doctors. 

Phir alag desh banaya hi kyun hai behn ke lodon! :lol:

Edited by SecondSlip

With regards to this thread, as well as respecting some of the sentiments of those who chose to despise Pakistan(for valid reasons), I too do not like Pakistan for any reason whatsoever, other than some of their past musicians/stalwarts and some of their urdu poets, that's all. Now, I am not showing any softness for Pakistan, I genuinely like some of their music and art. But, that doesn't mean I ignore what Pak has done in the past and the entire history prevalent till now. Like one poster said, I tend to separate a person's professional achievements from his personal life(incidents/remarks).

Now coming onto the topic, perhaps the greatest thing Pakistani has given us or the world rather , is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. A great singer and composer. I rate him very highly. One of my favourite musicians. Some of his works and compositions are genuinely amazing and heavenly to listen to. Other singers such as Mehdi Hassan, Sabri Brothers, Ghulam Ali I listen/have listened to. They are great singers no doubt with some very nice compositions. My favorite in the ghazal genre is Jagjit Singh.

As for urdu poetry, Munir Niazi's poetry was very nice to hear. 

That's pretty much about it. There's nothing else really special or to be thankful about Pakistan in any other aspects. Even today's Pakistani singers are not as good as their Indian counterparts. Atif, Ali Zafar , Bilal are somewhat decent. Shafqat Amanat Ali being the best singer of the lot.

24 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Rahat fateh Ali khan.

My all time favorite song of him  "main jahaa rahoon" that voice and lyrics just breaks me.

and 

Shoaib akhtar 100mph.:--D

You should thank Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan for introducing and training him, then. :giggle:

On 8/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, Audiophile said:

I separate the art from the artist. I do not know what you’re talking about. Everyone has demons. The mastery he has over his vocal cords is sublime (when he was younger)! Take some time to appreciate even though he may hate kafirs! :lol:

what the fk is this

so what you are basically asking us is to disappear up someone's ass.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, MechEng said:

Yes, I'm aware of that. Most upper middle class families from Pakistan and India do get along well in overseas countries, it's easier than getting along with white Americans, afro Americans, Chinese, middle eastern and Europeans.

But action against terrorism is always vindicated.

yeah right. that friendship i have seen between indian and pakistanis in overseas countries is fuking lame and they usually end up going nowhere.

i have seen some Indian Jains make Pakstani friends. jains seem to be a bit weird and left wing nuts

1 hour ago, Reddysaab said:

yeah right. that friendship i have seen between indian and pakistanis in overseas countries is fuking lame and they usually end up going nowhere.

i have seen some Indian Jains make Pakstani friends. jains seem to be a bit weird and left wing nuts

I have seen some Reddys , they seem to be a bit weird and nuts. 

On 8/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, Gollum said:

I don't need to join the military to show my support bruh. Not all of us have to join the forces, but we can help the braves in our own way, even by taking nationalistic stance, giving moral support, shunning the enemy, supporting pro-forces politics, expressing our gratitude if we meet them, contributing to national defence fund, exposing/pressurizing internal traitors, social media campaigns etc.

I don't need to show you anything, you can call me RW, LW, chicken, pig, fox, deer, eagle whatever floats your boat. But that you are making personal remarks instead of debating the points is a giveaway that you have erred. Come on danda, I like you as a poster, I know your political inclination and special love for the Pakistanis....maybe you are in extra charitable mood today or merely a brainfade. Not debating further, no bad blood, up to you. Have a nice day. 

Why do you keep calling him danda ?? Since you are fighting with him, do you consider yourself gilli ??

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Why do you keep calling him danda ?? Since you are fighting with him, do you consider yourself gilli ??

Audiophile=dandaroy, he changed his username a while back, long time member here, most posters would call him danda just like we know you as mulo :laugh:

Edited by Gollum