Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

On 11/14/2019 at 8:38 PM, sandeep said:

I'm not questioning the science of Biomechanics - I'm questioning Ian Pont's claim of expertise in it.

it is a result of working with professional baseball and javelin coaches in US. He also holds the record of second longest throw ever recorded at 138 yards.

Look at Hasnan;s figure against SL Emerging team today. Is he too fast and too good for this level of cricket? 

Group A, Asian Cricket Council Emerging Teams Cup at Cox's Bazar, Nov 16 2019

BOWLING O M R W ECON 0s 4s 6s WD NB  
Sameen Gul 7 1 27 0 3.85 28 1 0 1 2  
Umer Khan 3.4 0 4 2 1.09 18 0 0 0 0  
Mohammad Hasnain 7 1 19 6 2.71 31 2 0 0 0  
Amad Butt 3 0 17 0 5.66 13 4 0 0 0  
Muhammad Asad 3 0 10 0 3.33 12 1 0 0 0  
Khushdil Shah 7 1 14 2 2.00 33 0 1 0 0

I again stress what an excellent choice to send rookies to Australia. And they are proving the selection. Mighty impressed by all the pacers.

Fudging 2-3 yrs on papers is a very desi thing to do. Why are we Indian fans making such a fuss about? Lets not forget out own Shami has been under fire for same. And I am sure the older players have been guilty of the same. 

[mention=8417]express bowling[/mention]  I have been impressed by Shaheen and Musa. They are both pretty quick and have quality. I also think in the last 10 yrs, Amir and Md Irfan were very impressive.

Musa has actually gained extra pace it seems. When I saw him at the U19 WC...he was under the shadow of Shaheen.
On 11/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, sandeep said:

Spouting technical sounding jargon may sound impressive, but Ian Pont's "body mechanics" pseudo-science is just that.  Pseudo.  Not science. 

This is basics of sports. The power is generated from hips. I have learnt all this from boxing. But what Ian Pont is talking about, is absolutely basic stuff. Read Bruce Lee's books which were written in mid-late 60's, and he would make Ian Pont's observation sound like a first sentence of a million word essay.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, Gollum said:

Pakistan tour of Australia is always a gang bang carnival. When poyyyzzz make that pilgrimage downunder, dekhne ko banta hai.....live demo of how not to play cricket. 

0-12 in Aus

0-7 in RSA

0-2 in NZ

In Southern Hemisphere 0-11, can't even make a draw :aetsch:

72 years, ZERO test series wins in Australia

ZERO drawn test series in Australia since 1978-79...over 40 years

Every 4-5 years there is a special meeting in Australia

Image result for kangaroo goat

Kangaroo meets Markhor, Markhor challenges Kangaroo to a duel

Kangaroo soon establishes dominant position in grappling

:Giggity:

Markhor sad and crying cos of pain, but pig haram no, does my oppressor know? 

Image result for islam pig

So to confuse Kangaroo, Markhor transforms into pig. "Nothing doing, you my beech" says Kangaroo

Image result for kangaroo pig

Image result for pig crying

Dog haram no? Pig becomes dog...."Stay still beech" shouts....

Image result for kangaroo beer

Image result for kangaroo dogImage result for kangaroo dog

No help so lil dog transforms back to Markhor and accepts the punishment for the rest of his stay.

Depressed Markhor pondering life choices in Los Angeles (DHA overseas) plot.

Scratching Los Angeles Zoo GIF by Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens

Winner by submission and * conquest

Image result for kangaroo body

Next 4 years no trip to Ozland, back to bravado. Ghafoora riding Markhor and chewtiya banaoing 23 crores strong awam. 

i must go my people need me GIF

All in all entertainment for

Image result for tiger laughing

#1 ranked Tiger, not the poor sods who will receive similar treatment elsewhere same time

Image result for cat costume tiger

Was I not prophetic?
Rock Star Kangaroo GIF

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

of the young guns, only shaheen looks like the real deal to me thus far. naseem shah is also promising but sample size is too limited.

I actually feel sorry for Naseem.  He is going through what Ishant Sharma did in his early years.  If Naseem manages to stay healthy like Ishant did, his young formative years are going to be wasted being bitch-slapped all over int'l cricket. The time he should spend in First Class cricket, honing his craft, learning how to be disciplined, use variations, set up batsmen, he will spend inflating his career statistics.  And given the body stress in his action, he may not even get to the point that Ishant did - finally getting to the stage where he is mature, in command of his skills, and able to deploy them effectively in international cricket.  

Just like India simply didn't have the bowling bench strength to allow Ishant to develop in domestic cricket - and neither did they have the setup required to have a young pacer develop - something we still don't have - Pakistan is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to proper, polished int'l cricket class talent.  The pace bowling phactory is in the same state as Pakistani steel industry.  

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I actually feel sorry for Naseem.  He is going through what Ishant Sharma did in his early years.  If Naseem manages to stay healthy like Ishant did, his young formative years are going to be wasted being bitch-slapped all over int'l cricket. The time he should spend in First Class cricket, honing his craft, learning how to be disciplined, use variations, set up batsmen, he will spend inflating his career statistics.  And given the body stress in his action, he may not even get to the point that Ishant did - finally getting to the stage where he is mature, in command of his skills, and able to deploy them effectively in international cricket.  

Just like India simply didn't have the bowling bench strength to allow Ishant to develop in domestic cricket - and neither did they have the setup required to have a young pacer develop - something we still don't have - Pakistan is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to proper, polished int'l cricket class talent.  The pace bowling phactory is in the same state as Pakistani steel industry.  

well, to be fair, they kind of didn't have much of a choice. as you said, they have to scrape and scrounge. otherwise, imagine a trundler attack of abbas, imran, sohail khan, etc. It would be only marginally better than a "legendary" attack comprising of vinny kumar, unadcutter, etc. I agree naseem has been thrown to the wolves, and he may be discarded if the returns do not arrive soon - pak selectors are notoriously fickle.

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

The jury is out. The pace bowling attack of inexperienced bowlers has been thrashed at will by the Aussies. No mercy shown there to the youngsters.

PCB and Misbah thought they will turn Naseem and Musa into Pattinson and Cummins.  Instead they turned into Mohammed Sami and Rana Naved.

Jokes aside, it was always going to be a bacchabazi style beatdown of these inexperienced unready kids.  Can they learn from this? Can they bounce back?  I don't know its not a given.  Sometimes, instead of learning by playing against tough opponents you can get scarred and it may end up impacting your tactical approach for a long time.  

1 hour ago, Norman said:

To be fair , Naseem looked impressive in the first test. Don't know why he was dropped for the second. 

But yeah , Musa looked mediocre. 

Misbah basically was resigned to being blasted out 0-2 against Australia.  His logic was probably to give the 2 young kids a test each - unless Naseem made one spot his own by taking a bunch of wickets.  

Old-school desi cricket thinking expects 'pace-friendly' wickets in Australia.  While the modern reality for the last 5 years is that there's bounce, but pace only gets smacked on the roads in Australia.  

Against India, the Aussies tried to juice things up a bit, thinking the Indian batting would not adapt quickly enough - joke was on them, especially with the fragile rookie batting unit they trotted out there.  But the default for Aussie wickets these days is roads for the most part, with lottery swing at twilight with the pink ball.