Jump to content
Malcolm Merlyn

Whats the point of Kedar Jadhav and Shardul Thakur?

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

What pisses me off is that they played Jadhav for last three years continuously before the World Cup.  He kept performing with average over 40 and strike rate over 110.
 

But the most important game of last three years, the wcup semifinals,  Kohli dropped him and picked Karthik and Pant out of blue. If you can drop Jadhav after investing 3 years in him, what’s the point carrying him now. 

Pant was already playing before SF.

Link to post
39 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

What pisses me off is that they played Jadhav for last three years continuously before the World Cup.  He kept performing with average over 40 and strike rate over 110.
 

But the most important game of last three years, the wcup semifinals,  Kohli dropped him and picked Karthik and Pant out of blue. If you can drop Jadhav after investing 3 years in him, what’s the point carrying him now. 

Inexplicable that Kohli played Karthik and Pant out of nowhere after backing Jadhav and Rayudu for two years and suddenly dumping them

Link to post
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant was already playing before SF.

That's not the point. Even before the SF, Kohli chose to play Pant as a pure batsman who wasn't even in his original sqaud.. he backed Jadhav over Pant in the original squad, but doesn't give him an opportunity then.. now when Jadhav is extremely unlikely to play the next WC and Pant should be the core of the next WC squad, he plays Jadhav over Pant.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

That's not the point. Even before the SF, Kohli chose to play Pant as a pure batsman who wasn't even in his original sqaud.. he backed Jadhav over Pant in the original squad, but doesn't give him an opportunity then.. now when Jadhav is extremely unlikely to play the next WC and Pant should be the core of the next WC squad, he plays Jadhav over Pant.

He backed Jadhav not for his batting but for his bowling which was found out. Also pant didn't replace Jadhav but injured Shankar. Neither Jadhav was dropped for pant. Kartik's selection was baffling in the first place TBH.

Edited by rkt.india
Link to post
13 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Inexplicable that Kohli played Karthik and Pant out of nowhere after backing Jadhav and Rayudu for two years and suddenly dumping them

Pant was always the second wk but they inexplicably picked Kartik. They backed rayudu but he failed so was rightly dropped 

Link to post
57 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

What pisses me off is that they played Jadhav for last three years continuously before the World Cup.  He kept performing with average over 40 and strike rate over 110.
 

But the most important game of last three years, the wcup semifinals,  Kohli dropped him and picked Karthik and Pant out of blue. If you can drop Jadhav after investing 3 years in him, what’s the point carrying him now. 

That is why kohli won't win any icc trophy.

Link to post
23 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He backed Jadhav not for his batting but for his bowling which was found out. Also pant didn't replace Jadhav but injured Shankar. Neither Jadhav was dropped for pant. Kartik's selection was baffling in the first place TBH.

If Shankar was first choice to be played ahead of Jadhav, why isn't he back after recovering.. Thee point still remains that Jadhav has done nothing to get picked and is unlikely to be in the ODI plan for 2023 WC

Link to post
10 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Why Shardul is always the automatic choice and why Saini is preferred after Shardul has given his customary performance.

 

Saini should have been the third seamer today

Because Kohli thinks he can bat too, but doesn't realize that he gives away those runs while bowling

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...