Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

From shorter formats, that will also help him. 

I am not too sure about tests either. Choking in SA, England and now with no chance to win in NZ, what legacy is he leaving as a test captain overseas?

He definitely should be relieved of T20I captaincy. I know it will never happen.

22 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Yes, Kohli and Shastri shld cop criticism for this performance, but it's also a systemic issue with our cricket and sports in general. So many of our talented players reach top level with obvious flaws, almost non-existent secondary skills, that competency of coaching at junior levels has to be questioned. Our star culture & board politics prevents rational decision making in selection etc. We need a reset, an "Argus review" for indian cricket to chalk a path from 'good to great'. Short-term : relieve Kohli of captaincy and maybe reinstate Kumble as coach (if he's still interested), but much more needed long term with 10-yr vision.

Who are we kidding? This is Indian cricket. It is as corrupt as just about anything else in India.

Even Shami was a letdown but won't blame bowlers here. Kohli's captaincy, esp bowling changes yesterday morning was another joke. 165 and 191, are you *ing kidding me? Bangladesh, Pakistan, Lanka in similar conditions at Basin Reserve have scored in the 375-600 range since our last tour. Their #11 Boult scored as much as Kohli/Che in 4 innings combined. Less said about Rahane the better. This is the trio's 2nd NZ tour, 8th or 9th SENA tour, where is the *ing accountability?

As much as we sucked, the abysmal umpiring and bizarre ball tracking should be talked about by the media. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Agree about the ball tracking part, makes no sense optically. I remember Blundell and Taylor were struck on the pad off Ashwin's bowling and those looked so out to the naked eye. Is the technology easy to tamper with or what? 

The tech will be from NZ. Not sure if there are checks to make sure they don't meddle with the graph etc.  But it looked all too convenient but then India deserve to loose so no problem in that front. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Dissapointed with Bumrah man, if he isn't fit he should sit out. If he is fit he should show some seriousness. Ashwin tried hard with the ball, these conditions are tough on finger spinners and our batsmen didn't give the cushion of scorecard pressure limiting his attacking instincts. Remember the 2014 test here, Jadeja was rendered useless as Kiwis after trailing by 270 and reduced to 85/4 went on to score 688/8. We should try 4 man pace attack next match, even they will bring back Wagner in place of Patel. 

There were a bunch of people the other day yapping about Bumrah not having to go through a fitness test at NCA. What's good for Ishant should be good for Bumrah but I guess his managers had other plans sidestepping the NCA? https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/nca-refuses-to-conduct-jasprit-bumrahs-fitness-test/articleshow/72896075.cms 

Edited by Kothili
1 hour ago, Adi_91 said:

I am not too sure about tests either. Choking in SA, England and now with no chance to win in NZ, what legacy is he leaving as a test captain overseas?

He definitely should be relieved of T20I captaincy. I know it will never happen.

Won first ever test series in Aus. Something so called fab 4 or 5 couldn't do!

Edited by Rasgulla
2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Won first ever test series in Aus. Something so called fab 4 or 5 couldn't do!

That was against a good bowling attack having Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood. I agree it was a momentous feat.

But choking outside of that series in other SENA countries has been his nemesis. 

Edited by Adi_91