Virat Kohli's behaviour

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

I give tests max weightage, then WCs, then JAMODIs, last will be T20s. Tests shiould get around 70% weightage, another 15% for WCs, don't give a * what people do against Aus C or Nigeria D in a bilateral in Indore. If you think that ain't true we are wasting each other's time. 

Smith is the best all format player, greatest test batsman of this millennium and someone who averages 110 something in ICC KOs (incl 2015 QF/SF/F heroics which might never be equalled in WCs), someone who has mastered all conditions. It is an insult to compare Kohli with him, someone who averages 10 more in tests, who averages more in most high profile countries, someone who owns his ass every time they go H2H, let us not even talk about ICC KOs. Gulf between Smith and others is too high, put a Smith in place of Kohli and we would at least drawn this series and damn sure won that WC SF. 

Smith is undoubtedly a league above Kohli in test cricket but in LOIs Kohli is a better batsman. In limited over cricket, you need power game along with ability to rotate strike, converting ones into twos etc. Kohli is a master of these and hence his record in LOIs is way superior to Smith. 

I also think his failures in so called big knock out matches are overstated. Call it a luck or anything, Smith always found himself right side of the coin in these big games. We all realize batting first is much easier than chasing in a pressure game. Smith had the oppurtunity to bat first in both semi finals of 2015 & 2019 world cup. The only time he chased was finals of 2015 WC where the target was just 183.

I would love to see how Smith fare while chasing 334 in a final or 328 in semi final. I am not alluding anything against Smith but he has never been exposed to a pressure scenario in a big game like Virat has. If anything, his boring 85 of 119 balls batting first was the main reason Australia lost the semifinals against England last year. 

And in T20 its not even close. Kohli perhaps played the greatest t20 innings in semi finals of 2016 and won the game single handedly. The same game where Smith scored just 2 off 8 balls (batting first).

Childish and laughable behavior from him. It further reinforces doubts that he can't  behave in a matured way and will always remain a boy and act as per his PR manager and script. It's one thing to sledge, it's different to abuse like a lowlife against every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Kohlis behavior is childish, Ganguly was equally aggressive and never held back on MCs/BCs but in a more cunning way. Reacting to fans jeering is teenager stuff. Put finger to lips after beating their team, that's it.

But I care two hoots for Kohli's antics. Only thing which matters is whether he is delivering solid performance as captain & batsman. He failed heavily on both counts this series and that's where he needs to be judged. many indians are still obsessed with goody-two-shoes behavior that West has boxed us into - I mean if a thug like ponting who routinely abused opposition, intimidated umpires and even cheated can be treated like an elder statesman, heck Kohli is a f**"n gentleman compared to that prick, or even likes of Warne, McGrath, symonds, Smith etc.

If anything I wld hv liked Indian media to question Slater or Smith point blank like that for their obnoxious behavior on past tours,instead we gush and fawn over these people..that's what stinks.

Summary - I will criticize Kohli the captain. As a batsman, he's done a lot in 3 of 4 SENA series, yes WC semi was disappointing and old ruthlessness is missing but he's still our key man. Wish he had the sense to realize captaincy is not for him and he shld go back to being the dominating batsman he can be. His Avatar in Eng, grinding through tough conditions while remaining positive is what we need.

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Smith is undoubtedly a league above Kohli in test cricket but in LOIs Kohli is a better batsman. In limited over cricket, you need power game along with ability to rotate strike, converting ones into twos etc. Kohli is a master of these and hence his record in LOIs is way superior to Smith. 

I also think his failures in so called big knock out matches are overstated. Call it a luck or anything, Smith always found himself right side of the coin in these big games. We all realize batting first is much easier than chasing in a pressure game. Smith had the oppurtunity to bat first in both semi finals of 2015 & 2019 world cup. The only time he chased was finals of 2015 WC where the target was just 183.

I would love to see how Smith fare while chasing 334 in a final or 328 in semi final. I am not alluding anything against Smith but he has never been exposed to a pressure scenario in a big game like Virat has. If anything, his boring 85 of 119 balls batting first was the main reason Australia lost the semifinals against England last year. 

And in T20 its not even close. Kohli perhaps played the greatest t20 innings in semi finals of 2016 and won the game single handedly. The same game where Smith scored just 2 off 8 balls (batting first).

Come again to tell me who decided to bat second in CT final 2017. 

In WC 2015 QF when India batted first against BD, what was his contribution? 
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/656485/bangladesh-vs-india-2nd-quarter-final-icc-cricket-world-cup-2014-15

The only contributions he made are in T20I tournaments and nothing else. He has very few innings to show in important matches of 50 over tournaments. 

Virat may not be the most intelligent captain in terms of tactics however in terms bravado, gamesmanship, a leader, body language, command of English is top notch.

He and his team mentally disintrigated England, made them suffer a humiliating defeat in their home ground.

Great victory, India should not let England off the hook.

why people are so sensitive?

If he was mouthing off when India's form is terrible and are losing matches then its cringe and needs to be reeled in.

If it results in India winning and humiliating the opposition esp SENA countries then whats the harm ( Playing hard but fair as the Aussies say..)

Kohli's verbal output and his run output are inversely correlated in my opinion. In the period when he was scoring 200s for fun, yes he was rather bratty, but did appear to be mellowing down somewhat. Nowadays, he is being rather crude and/or silly as the runs have dried up. I don't mind giving back as much as he gets, but the focus should be on runs not on just shooting off his gob all the time.