Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

Glad to see Indian pharma companies like Cipla looking to produce generic versions of some of the drugs that may offer a glimmer of hope. Indian pharma has never cared for Western patents, and this might be a great time not to care about Western drug patents. Hopefully this drug remdesivir is at least partially effective ....although we'll see

18 hours ago, Gollum said:

Anything to defend Supreme Leader eh?

Many shops selling essential commodities aren't being allowed to function, are you up to date with news? Just because things are smooth in you area, doesn't mean everything is hunky-dory all across the country. 

I don't logic of Modi ye kah raha, Mohi wo kah raha.

They are just passing orders. What's the plan here? People should talk about ground realities. Not just ki Modiji ne kaha to ho gaya kaam.

I mentioned same thing in whatsapp group.

Saturday I didn't get vegetables. Whatever was there was of very poor quality. Quantitiy was very low. So, I bought few items and returned back. 

Now next time if I don't find it again, I will go out next day. If I find it some day, why shouldn't I buy 5 kg at once? Just because Modi said essential supplies will be there, I should eat that order?

18 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Supply chain is choked. Just asked a shopkeeper he said supplies not coming, still plenty of people are in queue  to get groceries.

Shopkeepers aren't getting milt items. People believe that Modiji ne kaha hai sab milega to shops will have supplies magically from sky.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

I don't logic of Modi ye kah raha, Mohi wo kah raha.

They are just passing orders. What's the plan here? People should talk about ground realities. Not just ki Modiji ne kaha to ho gaya kaam.

I mentioned same thing in whatsapp group.

Saturday I didn't get vegetables. Whatever was there was of very poor quality. Quantitiy was very low. So, I bought few items and returned back. 

Now next time if I don't find it again, I will go out next day. If I find it some day, why shouldn't I buy 5 kg at once? Just because Modi said essential supplies will be there, I should eat that order?

I had hoped there would have been some co-ordination between Government and private players like Amazon,Bigbasket etc but as usual statements come first and plans later.

People want govt to do lockdowns and they want everything else to be normal like any other day. Lockdown in itself is an unprecedented thing in county as big as India. Such situations will always bring discomfort to people in some ways and we will have to overcome, let this phase pass. You can't go or live same way you were before the lockdown. You have to compromise on some things. You aren't getting milk, dont use it, have black tea or coffee.  It's not something you can't live without a few days. 

Look at me, I am making a tourist resort in middle Himalayas in Dehradun district and was looking for opening by mid April but now after spending all money I had, about 50 lacs already, project is on complete halt and I have no idea when it will start again. This virus has affected tourism industry the most. All plans are in disarray but now it's no use complaining. It's not in our control.

Edited by rkt.india

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People want govt to do lockdowns and they want everything else to be normal like any other day. Lockdown in itself is an unprecedented thing in county as big as India. Such situations will always bring discomfort to people in some ways and we will have to overcome, let this phase pass. You can't go or live same way you were before the lockdown. You have to compromise on some things. You aren't getting milk, dont use it, have black tea or coffee.  It's not something you can't live without a few days. 

Look at me, I am making a tourist resort in middle Himalayas in Dehradun district and was looking for opening by mid April but now after spending all money I had, about 50 lacs already, project is on complete halt and I have no idea when it will start again. This virus has affected tourism industry the most. But now it's not use complaining. 

Yes, there are problems. But in these tough times, there are real problems and secondary issues. Empty stomach and homelessness are the real problems currently. 

And western countries as a benchmark has to be questioned. For years, we were told they are best prepared to handle pandemics and how their societies are the most evolved. It turns out their own leaders, own people are in chaos...

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Look at me, I am making a tourist resort in middle Himalayas in Dehradun district and was looking for opening by mid April but now after spending all money I had, about 50 lacs already, project is on complete halt and I have no idea when it will start again. This virus has affected tourism industry the most. But now it's not use complaining. 

People have a habit of bickering ,its okay ,they'll get used to it in a few days.

It's a long battle 

14 hours ago, kosingh said:

India is desperately under-reporting. We are under-testing,  but also strategically reporting deaths. One of the early cases in India - someone from that Italian tourist group in Jaipur, was classified as `recovered'. But he died a few days after being discharged from the hospital of a heart attack. Similar thing with the tourist from Philippines. Classified as recovered from Covid19 by India, but the guy died a few days later. 

filhal to bas afwa hai ye sab. going door to door to test people is not feasible and shouldn't be done anyway as it is a massive drain on resources and time. work on isolating clusters and containing it. Our numbers so far are looking good though we may reach a thousand cases by next week. abi ka lockdown ka asar 15 din bad hi pata chalega, 1-2 din mein nai.

i have to say the situation on the ground vis a vis availability of essentials is a better than people feared. in many places people are waiting in queues but not like fish in a barrel and i've received msgs of farms who will deliver vegetables in bulk. Yday i ordered some biryani from a place not far away and got it on time too. Indian consumption and purchase practices especially where food is concerned can't be compared to the west. In usa people hardly cook with fresh ingredients and buy a lot of meat and canned food, i have relatives down south who store foodgrains, pulses, spices, sugar, salt, oil etc for at least a month because they cook every meal and don't use a refrigerator and not just because they can't afford it. City folk too are mostly going out only to buy perishables or are bachelors who tend not to stock up much because they eat out a lot. It's just me and my father and we bought a lot of what we might need to survive around this time last week itself and we receive milk everyday at our doorstep.

Edited by rollingstoned

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Double whammy: After rains, ‘curfew’ hits farmers

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/lockdown-coincides-with-rabi-harvest-season-farmers-demand-exemptions-to-minimise-loss/articleshow/74817367.cms

For how long india can sustain lockdown. This is harvesting season too. 

harvesting will start next month

4 hours ago, kosingh said:

India is under-testing, but not hearing about Indian hospitals getting over-run with people with breathing issues, etc.

Hoping there is something to the Indian weather thing...

Dude if you wear one of these masks or a handkerchief on your face, its a bit suffocating. There are some paranoid people who get admitted because of paranoia. And paranoia is a media influenced disease in the west. Not saying there are a lot with real breathing issues around the world.