MS Dhoni can end his career’: Sreesanth hits back at Ben Stokes’ remark

S Sreesanth came out all guns blazing at Ben Stokes on Monday after the England all-rounder had earlier suggested that MS Dhoni had ‘no or little intent’ during a 2019 World Cup run-chase against the Three Lions.

At the quadrennial event last year in Birmingham, India were comprehensively beaten by 31 runs failing to chase England’s massive score of 337/7. Recently, Stokes expressed shock over the Virat Kohli-led side’s chasing strategy, particularly Dhoni’s intent, in his book, ‘On Fire’.

for full article 

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ms-dhoni-ben-stokes-career-end-sreesanth-6449106/

Yeh tareef kar raha hai ya gaali de raha hai? :hmmm: 

For people who missed the context , Ben Stokes has apparently raised doubts on Dhoni’s approach in the WC in the Ind-Eng game in his new book.

Now sure this is used as a ploy  to sell his book but we all did feel Dhoni’s approach was disgusting to say the least.

Also WTF, when will even professional cricketers realize this has nothing to do with Dhoni’s intent but his lack of ability these days :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

For people who missed the context , Ben Stokes has apparently raised doubts on Dhoni’s approach in the WC in the Ind-Eng game in his new book.

Now sure this is used as a ploy  to sell his book but we all did feel Dhoni’s approach was disgusting to say the least.

Also WTF, when will even professional cricketers realize this has nothing to do with Dhoni’s intent but his lack of ability these days :facepalm:

It's still more intent than ability. He has ability to hit sixes and four in 49th over to make scoreboard look good. He did it in same game stokes is talking about.

Just now, maniac said:

Please comment on your hero MSD as well.

hero vero kuch nahin hota hai

They all are cricketers who will have ups n downs in their life. He was a great cricketer but all good things comes to an end and his cricket has come to an end. 

Same has happened to everyone and will happen to stokes as well 

Just now, maniac said:

Stokes is using this for publicity just like Sammy but that was a shameful performance from Dhoni and it is a fact.

Shame aint the right word as everyone tries but result depends on their abilities 

16 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Why does everything need to be about publicity?. He just called what he saw. Frankly we all felt the same.

True but I don’t even think the book is released yet right? there is a reason why specific chapters get leaked out.

This may very well be what Stokes genuinely  felt but I am sure in an autobiography there might be several other incidents that can be leaked  too but usually it is  controversial stories /opinions about BCCI or  Sachin or Dhoni or some big Indian name that usually gets leaked out pre-release for a reason 

Edited by maniac

“I hope Ben Stokes wishes he never plays against Dhoni because he doesn’t forget anything,” Sreesanth said during an Instagram Live. “I wish Stokes all the best because if during the IPL or an India-England match, he and Dhoni cross paths again, whatever the one or two million Stokes has been getting, it’ll all go away. Dhoni may even end his career.”

:rotfl:

40 minutes ago, Norman said:

“I hope Ben Stokes wishes he never plays against Dhoni because he doesn’t forget anything,” Sreesanth said during an Instagram Live. “I wish Stokes all the best because if during the IPL or an India-England match, he and Dhoni cross paths again, whatever the one or two million Stokes has been getting, it’ll all go away. Dhoni may even end his career.”

Dhoni to Sreesanth:  What can I do you for?

3 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Woh sab toh theek hai, par sreesanth inke beech mein kyon aa raha hai...

Is he looking for a job?

Well let’s see. A former player past his prime shape, banned from playing cricket and even if it’s lifted  now it’s obviously too late, failed acting stint , doesn’t really have the ability and isn’t articulate enough  to be an alanlyst/ commentator.

so even though I don’t know Sreeshanth’s work situation right now, common sense would say YES

7 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

With a booming movie career, it took a busy Sreesanth 7 months to get to that page in the book.

I have been hearing this controversy pop up and gain steam only in the last 2-3 weeks.

I think Sreeshanth is jumping on the bandwagon than starting a new controversy.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, Norman said:

:nervous: