They are a scavenging people: Declassified tapes reveal Richard Nixon's hate for Indians

Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Indira G gave these two scumbags a proper hammering. She had her flaws but some real highs in her tenure. 

It was Soviet's backing that made her to stand against USA . O/W where was her toughness when Lal Bahadur Shastri was murdered and everything was swept under the carpet.

Nixon is talking of that India which had it's self confidence shattered by British rule and partition violence. Indian people of 1960s/70s were nowhere as confident as today's crowd, it was an era of hardships and low self pride which only got better in the 1990s after Manmohan Singh's privatization of economy.

34 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Nixon is talking of that India which had it's self confidence shattered by British rule and partition violence. Indian people of 1960s/70s were nowhere as confident as today's crowd, it was an era of hardships and low self pride which only got better in the 1990s after Manmohan Singh's privatization of economy.

he is talking about his sexual disgust, how puny and servile he found Indians. There is no justifying it, people like this will not have any rational reasons behind their racism, best to let them stew in their rot.

Realpolitik. 

Sab kameenay hain.  It's not like the lovely Rooskie Caucasians genuinely adore Indians; their leaders have just used India as a pawn in their political war against the Amroos.  On a related note, I wonder what the private opinions of Indian politicians would be regarding people from ... say ... Burundi. 

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

he is talking about his sexual disgust, how puny and servile he found Indians. There is no justifying it, people like this will not have any rational reasons behind their racism, best to let them stew in their rot.

No way what he said was justified. I was just telling that the first world in those days viewed India in such a way because Indians by default were weakened due to exploitation and violence endured earlier till 1947/48. Today as well there is indirect racism against India not on a political level but in media where poverty/snake charmers have been replaced by women safety ( I do support general safety of women but not the way BBC shows it).

9 hours ago, beetle said:

It is said that this guy was very close to dropping the big bomb on India in 1971 when we kicked Pak out of our eastern neighborhood.

Haha, I hardly found any difference between US military and ISIS. Both are bullies, one wants to force Sharia on you, the other wants to shovel "democracy" down your throat.

these things are done all the time by common people , when you are in heated argument with someone you attack someones appearance/character and other personal stuff in your mind and after with close friends/family. leaders are also humans , its just that even their off the record stuff values way more than common people. 

Nixon may be long dead but a large section of that GOP support base, that MAGA crowd holds similar views about Indians or for that matter all communities who don't resemble them. They aren't our BFFs lol. Sure we must play our cards smartly to ensure max benefit to us, secure our interests but the way some Indians behave in SM prostrating before that crowd, some idiots making Trump temples in India, Hindu outfits doing yajnas for him, deifying him...must stop. Some prominent Hindu RW handles (influencers) are so much consumed by their hate for Congress that they are in agreement with Nixon just to spite IG. We must have self respect and stop looking for messiahs in other countries. 

Edited by Gollum

On 9/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, Gollum said:

LINK

Recently declassified, excerpts above, more in the link. Kissinger too....

One of the most revolting images I have ever seen

What does Modi’s gushing photo-op with ardent India-hater Henry Kissinger say about politics today?

This is very incriminating. Why is Modi talking to a genocidal war monger? Has Kissinger ever worked a day in the field or fought on the front lines of battle. Its easy to talk about war when you don't fight yourself. He is the epitome of a rich fat cat. I mean look at him. roly poly with double chins