‘Some Chennai Super Kings Batsmen Think Of The Franchise As Govt Job’: Sehwag

jalebi_bhai

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

" It should have been chased down. But the dot balls played by Kedar Jadhav and Ravindra Jadeja didn't help," Sehwag told Cricbuzz. "

So he blames Jadeja who scored 21 off 8 balls and not a word about Dhoni who scored 11 off 12 balls. I think Jadeja has played only 1 dot ball.

They are all the same. Targeting only the soft targets.

Yes, he should have criticized Dhoni but you are misreading Jadeja's nbrs. He did a Jadeja again in that match.. 7 (5) balls before 20th over.. played last 3 balls and scored 14 runs by when the match was already lost. 

32 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Yes, he should have criticized Dhoni but you are misreading Jadeja's nbrs. He did a Jadeja again in that match.. 7 (5) balls before 20th over.. played last 3 balls and scored 14 runs by when the match was already lost. 

As you said  ... you can criticize a 7 off 5 only after you have criticized a 11 off 12.

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

7 of 5 is still a strike rate of 140, 11 of 12 is strike rate of 92. 

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

" It should have been chased down. But the dot balls played by Kedar Jadhav and Ravindra Jadeja didn't help," Sehwag told Cricbuzz. "

So he blames Jadeja who scored 21 off 8 balls and not a word about Dhoni who scored 11 off 12 balls. I think Jadeja has played only 1 dot ball.

They are all the same. Targeting only the soft targets.

Right on Dhoni should also be criticized. But he has the capability to hit sixes. Jadhav looked like he cant even clear the infield. There was no intent to score also. playing 3 dots when 39 were required from 21 :facepalm:Jaddu's SR is only great because Russell knew CSK was beyond winning at that point so he just concentrated on not bowling no balls and wides. He bowled lollipop deliveries for Jadeja who scored some garbage runs. IMO Dhoni, Jadeja, and Jadhav are responsible for the loss. If all of them went down swinging, atleast Bravo, Thakur and Chahar could help CSK win or atleast get all out. I would have taken 130 all out than 150/5. Spineless performance :facepalm:

15 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Make Sehwag coach

You think that will solve the problem. Fleming is a decent enough coach but still can't convince Dhoni to change. I think the crankiness of Flem is due to that. Dhoni has managed to give pressure to his own coach. Dhoni is still the boss on the field. His tactics were great in his prime but everyone has a time limit. He has to go but I don't think he will and run CSK to the ground in the next few seasons. young csk fans will cheer for Dhoni's sixes even though CSk may lose and blame others for the losses just like Indian fans treated Sachin with kid gloves.

Edit: Sehwag is right in calling CSK batsmen thinking its a govt job :laugh:

Edited by Real McCoy

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

As you said  ... you can criticize a 7 off 5 only after you have criticized a 11 off 12.

Criticize a player who is on his last legs but has done enormously for franchise.. yes but they will be little sceptical. 

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Right on Dhoni should also be criticized. But he has the capability to hit sixes. Jadhav looked like he cant even clear the infield. There was no intent to score also. playing 3 dots when 39 were required from 21 :facepalm:Jaddu's SR is only great because Russell knew CSK was beyond winning at that point so he just concentrated on not bowling no balls and wides. He bowled lollipop deliveries for Jadeja who scored some garbage runs. IMO Dhoni, Jadeja, and Jadhav are responsible for the loss. If all of them went down swinging, atleast Bravo, Thakur and Chahar could help CSK win or atleast get all out. I would have taken 130 all out than 150/5. Spineless performance :facepalm:

You think that will solve the problem. Fleming is a decent enough coach but still can't convince Dhoni to change. I think the crankiness of Flem is due to that. Dhoni has managed to give pressure to his own coach. Dhoni is still the boss on the field. His tactics were great in his prime but everyone has a time limit. He has to go but I don't think he will and run CSK to the ground in the next few seasons. young csk fans will cheer for Dhoni's sixes even though CSk may lose and blame others for the losses just like Indian fans treated Sachin with kid gloves.

Edit: Sehwag is right in calling CSK batsmen thinking its a govt job :laugh:

I meant coach of India :laugh:

21 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

I meant coach of India :laugh:

Still not a good idea. What will be his advice - Go for it. Be aggressive. His main batting philosophy is dont think too much :lol:he doesnt care about pitch conditions, weather, match situation, etc. He lived and died with that batting philosophy. It was almost like India were playing russian roulette with him. He was kept because whenever he strikes form, he goes ballistic and scores 300 in rapid time. Also we had one of the best batting lineup in Indian cricketing history with the fab 4. So Sehwag prospered and he went for it and with Gmabhir as his partner, he reached the zenith of his career. Fantastic player but won't necessarily translate to a good coach. A cricketer who has worked hard for his runs/wickets like Wright and Kirsten make good coaches. That is true no matter what sport it is. They know how hard the sport is and think about the game in detail. Only one Indian makes this list. Its Dravid

They have done everything as per Dhoni's wish. Loaded squad with spinners and modified chepauk pitch to suit their spinners. Picked old batsman who are good in playing on the slow pitches. Entire team's mindset still stuck in that gameplan. Dhonis captaincy magic too comes to the fore only on such pitches. 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:32 PM, bowl_out said:

Make Sehwag coach

Don't think its a great idea. His words are as brash and impulsive as his batting. Makes for good content and debate points. Makes for a good critic.

But generally impulsive people/or those with a 'genius' level intuition are not good coaches.

A coach should be able to impart his knowledge without being brash. Also there should be some deliberation/planning in the actions of a coach. 

Edited by Mariyam