Himachal Mountaineers IPL team

Cricketics

If CSK were to be banned again, it will be nice to have a team from Himachal. Himachal Mountaineers. 

Himachalis, Uttarakhandis hae been all hard done by in Indian Cricket sytem and sports in general. I hope down the line there is an IPL team representing that region.

And since we often have few teams getting banned, hoping next time around if CSK is banned, we will get Himachal Mountaineers replacing them. 

To be honest even if CSK is banned, chennai is too big of a market not to have a team. There will still be a chennai Team just like how DC (chargers) became SRH.

However I do agree that there should be a team for the UP-Bihar belt.

Also need teams for Gujarat,Kerala and maybe one for North East

1 hour ago, maniac said:

To be honest even if CSK is banned, chennai is too big of a market not to have a team. There will still be a chennai Team just like how DC (chargers) became SRH.

However I do agree that there should be a team for the UP-Bihar belt.

Also need teams for Gujarat,Kerala and maybe one for North East

Gujaratis are already there in Bombay. I think first thing we need is a Kerala and Himchal team. They are perhaps least represented.

Truth is indias gdp needs to grow for more ipl teams to be added. The market needs to be big enough to sustain more teams.

Lucknow, Patna, Gwuhati, Central (mp and nagpur etc) , kochi , Vizag, Ahmedabad Pune Bhuvaneshwar and The northern areas.

18 teams...split into two groups of 9. 6 foreign players per team.

Probably by 2040 we might be in a position. 

But the bcci needs to think a bit less commercially for that to happen. They asked too much money for ahmedabad and pune. 

Rest things will fall into place. Airports and other infra will be in place by then. I do hope proper owners like the tatas etc step up.

All IPL teams are comprised of various Ranji teams which supply the local players to those franchises. Among these Ranji teams, a marketable location is chosen to represent them 

The 26 (or whatever the number now) Ranji teams are grouped among the 8 teams. So 1 franchise = approx. 3 Ranji teams

Edited by zen

Therefore, having more IPL teams is also an exercise of dividing (or redividing) the Ranji teams in more IPL teams 

If we want Himachal Mountaineers for e.g., the more appropriate question "now" would be which IPL team represents the Himachal Ranji team - is it Punjab or Delhi? Then shift/turn Punjab or Delhi into Himachal Mountaineers (or any other name you prefer) if that is more marketable than Punjab or Delhi. The franchise which has the HImachal Ranji Team can also use Dharamshala instead of Mohali or Delhi as its home base 

Edited by zen

On 10/17/2020 at 2:18 AM, Sean Bradley said:

I like the name of your team mountaineers, but CSK is not going anywhere, if anything the owner ship might get transferred to another company from India Cements, and even that seems highly unlikely.

Yeah, its not going anywhere. But they need to start winning bruh.