Will islam ever reform?

I6MTW

I don't think religions(or ideologies/philosophies for that matter) really reform in the sense that is used in the OP. When religions "reform" they move more toward purification, ie coming closer to source material, ie the Protestant Reformation was more removing "Pagan" aspects of Catholicism/Orthodox Churches and going straight to the Bible rather than an embracement of "Liberalism."

Islam is viewed as the word of "God" transmitted by their prophet. That is literally the what "God" has told to people on how to behave/what to do. He also gave an example of who is supposed to be the perfect person: their prophet. 

Why exactly would they change/challenge/disrespect what they know to be the literal words of "God" to conform to whatever political philosophy is dominant in their host country in the current year? That seems more like wishful thinking. The costs of rejecting "liberal-secular-democracy" is much less than the cost of rejecting Islam itself (getting tortured in hell-fire for eternity). 

If Islam "reforms", it would become more in-line with the source-material: Koran/Hadith/Sunnah.  

Edited by Tibarn

First the moderate Muslims have to get a voice. Right now, they are either scared or getting drowned out. You’re right it will take several more centuries. Think of this way, Christianity was founded about 600 odd years before Islam. So Islam is where Christianity was back in medieval ages. 

Islam is very effective political philosophy to get to numerical dominance of a territory when all actors are human. It does not need to reform. Democracy is flawed in a sense. When AI becomes AGI paradigm will shift anyway. If Islam wins Humans can stay medieval for some more time and thrive. 

On 11/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, Audiophile said:

First the moderate Muslims have to get a voice. Right now, they are either scared or getting drowned out. You’re right it will take several more centuries. Think of this way, Christianity was founded about 600 odd years before Islam. So Islam is where Christianity was back in medieval ages. 

There is no single moderate Muslim as far as I know .there are terrorists  and then ---'------------ ummmmm:hmmmm2: you know. 

On 11/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, Audiophile said:

Moderate Muslims is an oxymoron.

17 hours ago, VT87 said:

There is no single moderate Muslim as far as I know .there are terrorists  and then ---'------------ ummmmm:hmmmm2: you know. 

I know some folks who are born into Muslim families, but do not practice the religion or have become atheists. This is in USA however where the repercussions are not grave.

I think Islam is youngest religion, For example, check where Christians were and how they acted 400 years back. So on timeline vs mentality thing, Islam should be where Christians were 400 years back. So behaviour/mentality of Muslims in those countries will be at similar barbaric standard. If you factor in modern world and thoughts, May be its at a age which is about 200 year behind Christinity.

But then there is another angle. Modern world has Muslims living in West , US, India too. They can not be excused at all for having or following a path 200 year back Christianity. They should have caught up with modern values. Instead of uplifting the thoughts and behavior of Middleatern and African nations, they violently attack people living in non Muslime countries and close eyes or intellectually defend about what happens in countries where they came from. Time for them Western Muslims to acknowledge that its down to age of Islam and will need atleast a century before Islam in Mideast/Asia/Africa reform themselves.

Edited by mishra