India's XI for 1st test announced: no Gill/Pant/Kuldeep, Umesh 3rd seamer, Ashwin in

Gollum

16 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

D/N match.  Pink ball.  Spinners avg 49.  Ashwin?  That is the biggest head scratcher for me.  All the others - Pant/Saha, Gill/Shaw, Umesh/Siraj - are toss-ups and arguable.

Maybe Ashwin has some new special pink ball variation up his sleeve that he has been nailing in practice.  

Bowlinga? I think Ashwin was picked for his batting in LO after picking Shaw at the top

39 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

once in a  'blue moon' batsmen Pujara & Rahane  would never get dropped while  till date success  'test'  talent like Pant would  play 'in and out'. eventually lose confidence & suffer out of form and then would permanently be shown the door. All hail that drunkard moron & dumb ass arrogant 'rat'. 

Pujara has been benched multiple times, Was benched for Rohit in 2016 tour to WI as apparently his SR was matter of concern for captain. He didnt play in first test against England in 2018 when three openers were picked in XI. EVEN in SL tour of 2015 he was dropped for Project Rohit just to get back into deciding match of series and win on his own carrying the bat in 1st innings. He has been inconsistent but defo better than Rahane. Rahane has been abject failure since last 3 years. 

Gill should have been given debut but I doubt he will get in this series unless we get humiliated in first 3 tests, then only he will get cap in 4th test. Otherwise TM will try both Rahul and Rohit ahead of Gill. Same XI will thrash England at home- rinse and repeat. Gill will be forced inclusion in XI on England tour. That's how myopic and corrupt our management is !!

Hahaha Did they watch the warm up games? Gill who was playing short balls with ease and nothing wrong looks with technique. So what is Gill now? 4th/5th Opener, why even bother taking him to the tour? 4th Opener will never get a proper chance, and that talented young batsman doesn't deserve this. 

Gill is on another level compared to Uncle Shaw. 

43 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

one day I would love to read bewda’s book on his selection logic 

Shastri's strategy is Chanakya and Machiavelli combined in one for sheer luminous brilliance.

Basically if he gets smashed drunk while taking selection decisions, he wont know what he's doing at all, so how will a totally baffled and rapidly demoralised opposition?

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

@SK_IH bhai, I think it deserves a separate thread

Dear ICFers

Let the hate flow through you - Sith Master Emperor Palpatine | Meme  Generator

What hate, man? It is sadness at the madness. Umesh was a sure shot selection because a drunkard always speaks the truth. Pant's exclusion I was kinda expecting it. The commies were talking about how the attack in the practice match was a couple of notches below the Frontline bowlers'. Gill's exclusion is also with similar reasoning. What can we do except hope that the picked X1 plays well?