Rishabh Pant wicketkeeping watch thread

England have a chance to draw a couple of tests in India..  They came close last time in last test in Chennai but could not do it thanks to Jaddu.  Pant dropping say Stokes or Root could have catastrophic effects in the series.  Even Buttler for that matter. 

He needs to up his game in Australia to make to England series. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

England have a chance to draw a couple of tests in India..  They came close last time in last test in Chennai but could not do it thanks to Jaddu.  Pant dropping say Stokes or Root could have catastrophic effects in the series.  Even Buttler for that matter. 

He needs to up his game in Australia to make to England series. 

Buttler is pretty bad keeper too. Dropped 3-4 catches one day in WI series

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

He was given a break from tests for home but it seems he doesn't have the attitude to improve and get better. His gloves work continues to be poor.

It seems for home tests, we will have to go back to Saha. This means Jadeja at 6 & Saha at 7.

That's worrying I remember his keeping in tests used to be better than this.  In his previous Aussie trip he was good with the gloves.  That's why most of the people were backing him.  I saw him struggling in this IPL as he was giving easy byes & was being Lazy.  His fitness is poor & reflexes have slowed down.  

There are 3 types of catches.. sitters, traditional ( with feet movement or hand movement) and half chances. Problem is Pant is dropping the traditional ones as well as sitters. Saha on other hand is comfortable in all traditional ones but drops some half chances as he did one in Adelaide.. a bowler is happy if the keeper is at least catching all traditional catches.. 

Edited by neel roy

Surely, he has had 2-3 years to work on keeping as well. What really bothers me is he hasn't worked hard enough on his keeping and fitness. And if he has worked hard enough, then he just needs to accept that he is not cut out for keeping, give it up for good and double the focus on batting. Being a Wicket-keeper batsman is not easy and not everyone has the natural reflexes to succeed keeping to spinners. Pant really needs to decide what role he wants to have. If he is not interested in improving as a keeper (or has tried and failed), he really needs to give it up. At current rate, I would rather take KL Rahul over Pant in test matches (if he has the required fitness to keep for long periods and bat at 6/7). Of course, he needs to prove this first in First-Class and India A games.