How responsible is the captain and team management for the flurry of injuries?

sage

In sony after match show, Mcgrath was telling how if a player had a long break, he is more prone to injuries. normally players will have some matches here or there. I dont think TM has to be blamed. I wish Rahane rotated the bowlers in the two matches better but cant really blame him totally. its the situation were in. it also explains why so many catches were dropped from the ipl and this test series.

Some were unlucky with jaddu being hit, pant being hit on the elbow etc. I.e these were out of hand injuries.

Bumrah workload.

Kl rahul is made of glass. Umesh played 2 tests was injured probably due to a long break. Vihari a combo of things.

Ashwin i feel is generally not fit.

People blame rahane was over bowling bumrah but had he not done so india might not have drawn the test by the skin of their teeth. You have debutant Saini as the other option and we dont know how he was feeling. 

Make peace with IPL,

Infact IPL let players have taste of cricket after an intriguing pandemic period

I know people will blame IPL ,but can't take it away from players to make money where in they were under expert watch as well ,workload management is no less in IPL, soon we'll have more teams in IPL means more games,

still don't want to get into any IPL debate

They should have scheduled LOIs after tests,and most importantly a match ready solid bench strength is need of the hour with packed schedule in sight and proper planning of selecting a squad is what which has hurt us,Ishant was said to be getting fit before Rohit still he's not in Aus,he could have been more than handful in Aus same is the case with Prasidh,like for like replacement for Ishant/hit the deck bowler

Edited by Suhaan
14 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Some were unlucky with jaddu being hit, pant being hit on the elbow etc. I.e these were out of hand injuries.

Bumrah workload.

Kl rahul is made of glass. Umesh played 2 tests was injured probably due to a long break. Vihari a combo of things.

Ashwin i feel is generally not fit.

People blame rahane was over bowling bumrah but had he not done so india might not have drawn the test by the skin of their teeth. You have debutant Saini as the other option and we dont know how he was feeling. 

Rahane was given five full time bowlers.He had no business of overbowling Bumrah, India did not draw the test by skin of their teeth. They drew it very comfortablly. Aussies declared it is not like Indian took their 20 wickets.

Just now, sage said:

I'm talking more about captains overbowling them, and was it necessary for Bumrah etc. to play that 3 day practice match?

But nobody was overbowled..  Bumrah to a extent was but he was the only strike pace bowler left in the 3rd test so maybe.  Cummins also bowled many overs & I think 111 overs to Bumrah's 117.

Practice game was vital as it was a pink ball game & players have to be brought into test groove. 

There is one Kaptaan who bowls his best bowlers against SL,BD at home but some elites here cry over some other kaptaan bowls his best bowler in helpful conditions,now i understand those elites are trying to impose this on Rahane by peddling their lie of Rahane overbowling our main bowlers

Edited by Suhaan
49 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Rahane was given five full time bowlers.He had no business of overbowling Bumrah, India did not draw the test by skin of their teeth. They drew it very comfortablly. Aussies declared it is not like Indian took their 20 wickets.

47 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

But nobody was overbowled..  Bumrah to a extent was but he was the only strike pace bowler left in the 3rd test so maybe.  Cummins also bowled many overs & I think 111 overs to Bumrah's 117.

Practice game was vital as it was a pink ball game & players have to be brought into test groove. 

If India don't get all out for 36, Cummins total overs would easily be more than Bumrah. 

Putrevus' criticism of Rahane's captaincy has obvious motives. 

Test matches should always be scheduled before LOIs as we have seen in our previous tours to Australia. Since 2018, LOIs have been scheduled before Test matches. We could afford fielding second string team in Odis & t20s. NZ is exception where 2 tests are played. England, SA and Australia are the venues where test matches should always take place before ODIs.

Most injuries happened on field- Shami,Pant,Jaddu (twice)

May be some happened in practice- Rahul,Mayank,Iyer

Some were due to stress- Ashwin,Bumrah

Some were freakish injuries like Umesh and Vihari 

some were pre season injuries: Ishant,Bhuvi

some were due to conflict-Rohit

not an injury but then one absence was due to paternity 

Every type of injury and absence  is covered on this tour :hatsoff:

more unique excuses ( in this case legit) than I have ever come up to bunk school,college work all combined

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Disagree buddy!

Even though Australia scored 312-6, they took lots of overs top get there. Smith S.R was less than 50. Bumrah/ Ashwin acrually kept it very tight, otherwise we would have had to face atleast 10 more overs.

See if i was rahane i would chat to bummers and ask him if he was ok to bowl alongside Ash who was the bowling captain.Knowing the type of open environment we have post kohli , i think its safe to say nobody would have been forced against their will.

Bumrah was clearly the most expirienced pacer and premier strike bowler. If Saini was given the ball and would be smashed same people would berate rahane.

In the last test Cummins bowled as much as Bumrah. 

Remember Bumrah played all ipl matches including qualifiers. Then played odi s and was then rested. And he got only injured after 4 tests. Its just because All others are injured as well this is being highlighted.. IMAO Bumrah has been fantastic in bowling as well as fitness